Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morris Dancing  (Read 37800 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, April 9, 2023, 09:51:33 »

Reed will be non league in three years. System player who’s skills fit a very niche bracket which is rare at this level

Things get better but they never get good
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, April 9, 2023, 09:51:38 »

We could have done with Reed on the pitch Saturday.

Would have slowed Mansfield attacking play down no end.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, April 9, 2023, 09:55:37 »

Agreed, but I think that the point that all is not well behind the scenes, and hasn't been for some time, is a valid one.

I think Gladwin was probably the glue that 'kept the show on the road' too.

Oh absolutely. Gladwin looked devastated in those Crawley announcement pics, reminds me of how unhappy Matt Ritchie looked when we sold him and he didnt want to go
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, April 9, 2023, 10:12:19 »

Hopefully, Austin fills that gap now. He needs some input in the dressing room and beyond.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 08:07:12 »

Interesting fact:

Since Steve McMahon we have only had two managers who have completed two full consecutive seasons: Andy King and Mark Cooper.

That's 25 years of unrest.

Can't help but feel that may be a factor in our chaotic shitness.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 08:18:04 »

Interesting fact:

Since Steve McMahon we have only had two managers who have completed two full consecutive seasons: Andy King and Mark Cooper.

That's 25 years of unrest.

Can't help but feel that may be a factor in our chaotic shitness.

No doubt it is but I expect those stats are going to be similar for a lot of lower league clubs.
In that spell: Todd, Evans, Wise, Sturrock, PDC, McDonald, Flictcroft, Wellens, Garner & Lindsey have all left of their own accord.

Off the top of my head. Really can’t remember if Evans walked or was sacked.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 08:19:35 »

Lindsey nominated for manager of the month.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 08:25:54 »

No doubt it is but I expect those stats are going to be similar for a lot of lower league clubs.
In that spell: Todd, Evans, Wise, Sturrock, PDC, McDonald, Flictcroft, Wellens, Garner & Lindsey have all left of their own accord.

Off the top of my head. Really can’t remember if Evans walked or was sacked.

Yeah I looked this up a while back, we get a lot of stick for not sticking by managers but far more have chosen to leave than been sacked in the last 20 years.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 08:26:38 »

If you actually look at the managers during that time and consider the circumstances of many of their departures I would say there was really only Sturrock, Wellens or Garner that could have built sustainable success. But all three jumped of their own accord.

Of the high profile appointments Di Canio would have bankrupted us and Wise jumped at the first opportunity.

Really only Cooper and Wilson had the opportunity to build long term, but both had the rug pulled from them in terms of transfer business after play off seasons.

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 09:29:33 »

If you actually look at the managers during that time and consider the circumstances of many of their departures I would say there was really only Sturrock, Wellens or Garner that could have built sustainable success. But all three jumped of their own accord.

Of the high profile appointments Di Canio would have bankrupted us and Wise jumped at the first opportunity.

Really only Cooper and Wilson had the opportunity to build long term, but both had the rug pulled from them in terms of transfer business after play off seasons.
FIFY
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 09:52:05 »

Bankrupting the club is fine it we get promoted though - isn’t it??
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 09:56:35 »

Still thinking of me, that’s cute!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 10:08:52 »

Yeah, that’s what it was. You haven’t left my mind since your idiotic comment about Power. It’s all I think about.

Not that I just read your post and saw the hypocrisy, not at all. Definitely the first one.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 10:12:31 »

Cheesy
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 11:46:59 »

Bankrupting the club is fine it we get promoted though - isn’t it??

Didn't you fully support the Di Canio period?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: