Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morris Dancing  (Read 37821 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, April 8, 2023, 10:01:29 »

Before half time there were two lonely red tied and suit individuals sat on their own in the DB. One I’m sure was Aberdeen not sure on the other but everyone else around them had fucked off inside well before the HY whistle. Don’t regret leaving at HT not one bit. Go again this season? I doubt it.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, April 8, 2023, 10:02:22 »

I'm forever giving the manager time and to be honest Morris probably had no part in January transfer dealings, he can't lose the dressing room just yet saying they are a croak of shite.  Cheesy

Were all frustrated and angry as fuck with League two, but we all still need to remember where we came from with the Club in the bad state the past 10 years.

Positives, we own our ground and not in a bad shape compared to others. Lets start prepping for next season with (hopefully) stronger budget.
Sort out who does the recruitment, sign some better/stronger players (decent ones want more than a one year deal we been offering the past 10 years) that would be the first sign of intent I will look at.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, April 8, 2023, 10:14:14 »

Under Morris we've become bad at the only thing we were previously *good* at, which was keeping the ball. Even if we didn't always hurt teams, we'd have the majority of possession and it was our lack of productivity in the final third that was the problem. Having smaller, technical players is ok if you control large parts of the game and keep the opposition away from your goal. What we have now though is a small side who are only having 50% of the ball and as a result, games are turning into basketball matches. Teams are getting too many fouls, corners, getting in behind us etc because we have no control of games. It's not being played on our terms, it's reactive and not at all proactive .I'd describe our defending as desperate and not at all controlled.

Whether you like Lindsay or not, there were performances during that unbeaten run where I thought we looked like a half competent football side. The away wins at Grimsby, Doncaster and Mansfield for example. I saw things back then that had potential. The Clayton/Macdonald partnership, Wakeling and Jephcott up front. Gladwin and Khan running games in midfield.

Since January it's all been ripped up. Selling the captain, vice captain. The Spurs CB falling through, signing a national league south player in Kadji. Also I hate to say it, but Charlie Austin doesn't strike me as somebody I'd want around in a crisis. His whole signing, fairy-tale aside, is actually quite alarming. A chairman signing a player that both DoF and Manager seemingly didn't want? hardly fills you with confidence that we are a serious football team. It's a bit of a shambles really.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, April 8, 2023, 11:23:55 »

I’ve said it before, but what’s the point of fannying around at the back, get pressed and then somebodyjust whacks it. Why doesn’t Brynn or whoever just get rid in the first place. It’s madness.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, April 8, 2023, 11:31:30 »

I’ve said it before, but what’s the point of fannying around at the back, get pressed and then somebody just whacks it. Why doesn’t Brynn or whoever just get rid in the first place. It’s madness.

I saw multiple examples of Brynn ignoring instructions from Morris and the bench to go long yesterday. He looks like a rabbit in the headlights at the moment. We will have more than paid off the loan fee by now and should get the Ward deal over the line ASAP and play him in every match. He was massive in the run in last year.

Morris has said you need to mix it up and go long on occasion, so the players are either ignoring him or are not capable of executing instructions under pressure. 

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, April 8, 2023, 11:33:32 »

Also, got to remember if we’re comparing last season to this, is we had some high quality loan players whereas this season we’ve decided to have more ‘owned’ players. Very laudable but it’s a factor in the decline.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, April 8, 2023, 11:34:47 »

Also, got to remember if we’re comparing last season to this, is we had some high quality loan players whereas this season we’ve decided to have more ‘owned’ players. Very laudable but it’s a factor in the decline.

Totally, and you'd expect Premier League U-23 managers to trust Morris in the way they trusted Garner next season.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, April 8, 2023, 11:38:28 »

Totally, and you'd expect Premier League U-23 managers to trust Morris in the way they trusted Garner next season.

That’s all well and good but filling the squad with loan players offers us nothing long term.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, April 8, 2023, 11:40:33 »

That’s all well and good but filling the squad with loan players offers us nothing long term.

No one is suggesting 'filling the squad'. Having one or two great loan players has been central to almost every good Swindon team of the last 25 years.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, April 8, 2023, 11:42:48 »

It’s a fine line, for sure. Be interesting to see how many of the top 7 clubs are reliant on their loans.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, April 8, 2023, 11:52:10 »

It is just about sprinkling a bit of stardust.

Ferry and Ward, Foderingham, Luongo, Ryan Mason, Pritchard, Yates and Doyle, Benda, KKH etc.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, April 8, 2023, 11:54:27 »

Even the likes of JOB, Barry and Simpson.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, April 9, 2023, 09:35:38 »

Have people seen this?

https://twitter.com/LowerLeagueLook/status/1644815365908701187

For someone who was loved by the fans this is a window into what I think is a pretty miserable camp.

I remember a very early home game this season where Lindsey hooked Reed not long after half time and Reed came off with a face like thunder and snubbed Lindsey as he went past him to the bench and I thought 'Hmmm, that doesn't look like a good relationship.'

I do get the impression that something has gone very wrong behind the scenes this season.

There were rumours that people were upset that MacDonald came in and was made captain straight away. We then had him missing games before having his contract torn up.

In Morris' unveiling Press Conference Sandro said that there were players (plural) who had wanted to leave on deadline day and that they were unhappy moves didn't materialise and needed to get their heads down. We were well in the promotion hunt at the time. Why did people want to leave?

Hutton has looked as miserable as sin for months.

This all predates Morris' arrival.

Sometimes a manager inherits a broken dressing room and you need an opportunity to clear out the disruptors and those that won't fight for the team.

I honestly think we might not win again this year, but I'd still give him that chance.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, April 9, 2023, 09:41:55 »

Reed didnt help himselt turning up to the pre season training the most overweight and highest percentage body fat though. Didnt look after himself over the summer by all accounts. Should have fitted right in with Lindseys ‘play fatigued’ brain episode. Lindsey humiliated him that game when he bought him on in the 90th minute just to take a free kick so i suspect there was no love lost there.

MacDonald they had to get rid according to rumours on the grapveine. Doesnt excuse them not replacing him mind
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 9, 2023, 09:54:18 by tans » Logged
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, April 9, 2023, 09:47:00 »

Reed didnt help himselt turbing up to the pre season training the most overweight and highest percentage body fat though. Didnt look after himself over the summer by all accounts. Should have fitted right in with Lindseys ‘play fatigued’ brain episode. Lindsey humiliated him that game when he bought him on in the 90th minute just to take a free kick so i suspect there was no love lost there.

MacDonald they had to get tid according to runours on the grapveine. Doesnt excuse them not replacing him mind

Agreed, but I think that the point that all is not well behind the scenes, and hasn't been for some time, is a valid one.

I think Gladwin was probably the glue that 'kept the show on the road' too.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: