Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morris Dancing  (Read 38868 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 08:28:52 »

Off the top of my head Mark Bonner and Michael Duff - and in our current shitshow even Garner seems successful!

There are a number who have been successful in L1.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 08:30:41 »

Between Morris and Kevin Betsy at Crawley, it's been a very poor year for top academy coaches having a crack at L2. It does work sometimes though, Critchley did well at Blackpool.
Outsider83

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 08:33:02 »

Off the top of my head Mark Bonner and Michael Duff - and in our current shitshow even Garner seems successful!

There are a number who have been successful in L1.

Mark Bonner has been nowhere near a PL side or players mate & nor has Michael Duff.

Try again.

Genuinely would like to know of a coach / manager who's worked & played with World Cup playing players, Champions League winning players and then done well in League 2.

Outsider83

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 08:33:56 »

Between Morris and Kevin Betsy at Crawley, it's been a very poor year for top academy coaches having a crack at L2. It does work sometimes though, Critchley did well at Blackpool.

Then completely failed at QPR.

Sometimes it just isn't a good fit and that's the situation with JM & Town.
DMC

« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 08:35:20 »

I would cut my losses to be honest. I think financially for next season he is too much of a gamble. I am personally getting PDC vibes of a different nature. I get the impression when the window opens he will sign a few players and by the time it closes he won't like them.

The key thing for me is how there has been no improvement from one player and i reckon i could safely say that every single player has got worse under him.. I may me wrong  
DMC

« Reply #80 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 08:38:40 »

Mark Bonner has been nowhere near a PL side or players mate & nor has Michael Duff.

Try again.

Genuinely would like to know of a coach / manager who's worked & played with World Cup playing players, Champions League winning players and then done well in League 2.

DiCanio, Wellens Joey Barton

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 08:42:15 »

Try again.

Duff was with Burnley.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 08:44:51 »

I would cut my losses to be honest. I think financially for next season he is too much of a gamble. I am personally getting PDC vibes of a different nature. I get the impression when the window opens he will sign a few players and by the time it closes he won't like them.

The key thing for me is how there has been no improvement from one player and i reckon i could safely say that every single player has got worse under him.. I may me wrong  
Yeah only RHM may have improved but that could be due to him not being injured and getting more training and games in.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 08:45:31 »

The Di Canio one is interesting. If it wasn't for the fact that our owners were loaded and he was essentially able to buy a new first XI mid season he could well have got us relegated. His initial pre-season team, and early results, were garbage. Alberto Comazzi, Ibrahim Atiku, Mattia Lanzano... horrific stuff.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 08:47:58 »

You could say that about Macari

So, give no fucks
DMC

« Reply #85 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 08:49:52 »

You could say that about Macari
Macari stuck with his squad and improved them though where as PDC fucked people off and just kept on until he signed better. Too early but i do get the impression Morris will be like that
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 08:52:24 »

Macari stuck with his squad and improved them though where as PDC fucked people off and just kept on until he signed better. Too early but i do get the impression Morris will be like that

Fair point, the only player I can remember he got rid of without giving him a chance was the goalkeeper Jake Findlay.

So, give no fucks

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 09:07:00 »

Bloody hell, there are already people publishing who could take over from Morris

https://the72.co.uk/2023/04/11/3-out-of-work-managers-swindon-town-must-consider-amid-growing-pressure-on-jody-morris/
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 09:19:35 »

I get the point that maybe the players can’t do what Morris wants them to do…but…even the best managers with the best left backs wouldn’t put two of them in at centre back and expect them to provide a solid defence.
DMC

« Reply #89 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 09:23:19 »

I get the point that maybe the players can’t do what Morris wants them to do…but…even the best managers with the best left backs wouldn’t put two of them in at centre back and expect them to provide a solid defence.
Spot on, good managers adapt to the level. Different levels i know but Duncan Shearer said it on the pod best, after about a month of training with the players Geln Hoddlr was taken by the Micky Hazard to one side and told that if he wants to do well he needs to understand the players can't do what he can and he needs to manage that beter
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: