Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sandro  (Read 4259 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, April 2, 2023, 20:00:24 »

Maybe or it dosen't fit the possession football remit.

So, give no fucks
Gloucester Reds

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, April 2, 2023, 20:02:47 »

Obviously without getting this individual into trouble but they work at the club - adamant that while Lindsay was head coach and why he got the job  it was Sandro that selected the side …. When the shit hit the fan and fans were calling for Lindsay to be sacked he found the perfect way out by accepting the Crawley job.
Secondly and more worrying is talk that Morris has lost the dressing room already. Two senior players you can guess who have questioned his tactics and the “couldn’t give a shit attitude” of Hutton, Shade and a couple of others who continue to get selected, used off of the bench.
Finally with the court cases still to be completed why have the club and also the EFL allowed powers cronies to still be involved with the club? Zav Austin has failed the fair means test so why hasn’t Clem binned him off.
If Clem doesn’t have the finances why is he not looking for outside investors instead of Power’s parasites?
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, April 2, 2023, 20:42:37 »

I simply can't believe that Jody Morris takes this gig without being able to pick the team. He may have accepted a degree of interference in transfers but in the starting XI? Surely not.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, April 2, 2023, 20:49:28 »

Obviously without getting this individual into trouble but they work at the club - adamant that while Lindsay was head coach and why he got the job  it was Sandro that selected the side …. When the shit hit the fan and fans were calling for Lindsay to be sacked he found the perfect way out by accepting the Crawley job.
Secondly and more worrying is talk that Morris has lost the dressing room already. Two senior players you can guess who have questioned his tactics and the “couldn’t give a shit attitude” of Hutton, Shade and a couple of others who continue to get selected, used off of the bench.
Finally with the court cases still to be completed why have the club and also the EFL allowed powers cronies to still be involved with the club? Zav Austin has failed the fair means test so why hasn’t Clem binned him off.
If Clem doesn’t have the finances why is he not looking for outside investors instead of Power’s parasites?
So I assume Austin is one of the senior players, and who is the other one? Williams? I wouldn’t be surprised if he has lost the dressing room. I have seen no improvement under Morris.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, April 2, 2023, 20:49:36 »

Because the players dont have the intelligence to adapt i should think

Blah blah blah small sample size blah blah I know blah blah red card…but…Gav Gunning managed to completely change the style of play (for the better) in a week…
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, April 2, 2023, 21:16:18 »

Quote from: ChalkyWhiteIsGod
Budget isn't the issue this season.

I have two questions to that
  - did we reduce our wage structure, i.e wouldn't pay the wages needed to bring in more experienced players

- did something change during the season leading to a very difficult January

I  can't really work out why we'd do the first given our playing budget was allegedly higher than last season.

You are probably right though, we spunked on quantity
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, April 2, 2023, 21:32:40 »

41 players used so far Batch - the squad is massive.  We have wasted wages this season - how much has Devine earned per minute, Massey, Aguiar, Parsons, Lavinier, Adeloye, Harries, Roberts, RHM etc.?  I know some of them are injury related, but we've hoarded rough diamonds.  That is 9 players, on our books still, who we've maybe got a players worth out of.  They probably don't cost much each, but to pay 9 players in an attempt to fill one first team slot is overkill and a budget killer.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, April 2, 2023, 23:34:13 »

Blah blah blah small sample size blah blah I know blah blah red card…but…Gav Gunning managed to completely change the style of play (for the better) in a week…
You consistently gloss over the first half of the Gillingham game which formed a quarter of his reign. That was the biggest shambles of the season.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 06:21:25 »

You consistently gloss over the first half of the Gillingham game which formed a quarter of his reign. That was the biggest shambles of the season.

…it was, he reacted. He changed it. We went forward, we attacked & got a point didn’t we?
Better than throwing it away in the last 10 minutes, no?

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 08:39:33 »

41 players used so far Batch - the squad is massive.  We have wasted wages this season - how much has Devine earned per minute, Massey, Aguiar, Parsons, Lavinier, Adeloye, Harries, Roberts, RHM etc.?  I know some of them are injury related, but we've hoarded rough diamonds.  That is 9 players, on our books still, who we've maybe got a players worth out of.  They probably don't cost much each, but to pay 9 players in an attempt to fill one first team slot is overkill and a budget killer.

Yeah! To be clear I'm not contesting we spunked wages on many many players.

What isn't clear is why we had gone down a total policy of youth as the season progressed*. One answer could be we were trying to reduce the average wage per player - which then is ultimately pointless if, as you point out, we have 41 of them.

* i.e. all perceived high earners were dumped, even rumours of Williams being sold in January stopp ed by intervention, meaning only Austin would be left in that category.

Aside (have I already asked this): With the playing budget "going up" I wonder if that was including fees paid (repayments over long period but brought forward).

If the above is anything but waffle, as is highly likely, then we've really arsed up and the axe needs to come out to the system if not the personnel.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #40 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 10:53:36 »

You say 41 players used, thats in all competitions, last season we used 35 but had 3 more loans than we have this season.

As a comparison, it doesnt mean anything really but just to see if player turnover has really been THAT high and what the cause may be, I would suggest that as we all know injuries have forced our squad selection far more this term.

33 players used in the league this season
6 were loans
27 of our own players
12 of those have played less than 10 games in total Kanu, Dworzak, Roberts, Minturn, Harries, Kadji, Devine, Aguiar, Cain, Brewitt, McKirdy and McEacran.
Long term injuries to Harries, Baudry, Iandolo, Devine, Brann, Brennan.
Medium term injuries to Clayton, RHM, FBT, Lavinier.

28 players in the league last season
9 were loans
17 of our own players
3 players in Grant, Glibert and Cooper played less that 10 games.
Long term injuries to Cooper, Tomlinson, Conroy and Gladwin.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 11:01:24 »

I guess the other side of that is the number of "core" players who play most of the minutes - say 60% for ease of me working this out!

So far this season we've played 3420 league minutes (which is easily calculated as it's the number Sol Brynn has played!), and the following outfield players have played more than 2,052:

Hutton 3082 (90%)
FBT 2583 (75%)
Wakeling 2513 (73%)
Williams 2434 (71%)
Clayton 2054 (60%)

Just below 60% are Gladwin who left in January and Darcy who has never really nailed down a starting spot but just made a lot of cameos.

Last season we switched goalkeepers up a bit so not quite as easy to work out the maximum number of minutes, but let's just say 90 x 46 = 4,140, which makes 60% 2,484. Above that you had:

Iandolo 3731
Reed 3674
Conroy 3355
Wollacott 3330
Hunt 3032
Payne 3029
McKirdy 2910
Odimayo 2778

Then Williams on 2400 (Davison/Simpson both did about 2000, so combined they played almost every minute!)

So there's a bit more of a core group there last season, which I think plays into the perception.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 11:07:39 »

You say 41 players used, thats in all competitions, last season we used 35 but had 3 more loans than we have this season.

As a comparison, it doesnt mean anything really but just to see if player turnover has really been THAT high and what the cause may be, I would suggest that as we all know injuries have forced our squad selection far more this term.

33 players used in the league this season
6 were loans
27 of our own players
12 of those have played less than 10 games in total Kanu, Dworzak, Roberts, Minturn, Harries, Kadji, Devine, Aguiar, Cain, Brewitt, McKirdy and McEacran.
Long term injuries to Harries, Baudry, Iandolo, Devine, Brann, Brennan.
Medium term injuries to Clayton, RHM, FBT, Lavinier.

28 players in the league last season
9 were loans
17 of our own players
3 players in Grant, Glibert and Cooper played less that 10 games.
Long term injuries to Cooper, Tomlinson, Conroy and Gladwin.

I guess also worth pointing out that some of the players used this season (primarily those out of youth system) would have been at the club last season and thus would have been on the wage bill even if they didn’t play in the first team.

Although without looking up I couldn’t tell you whose first/second year pro and/or a scholar still.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 11:27:12 »

Minturn, Cowmeadow, Parsons are pros. Kanu, Dworzak, Copland, Wynn-Davis, Fox, Keyes, Taank and Hart are scholars. Roberts, Massey and Dabre were brought in as (very young) professionals.

Think that's everyone whose been in and around the first team?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 11:29:25 »

Minturn, Cowmeadow, Parsons are pros. Kanu, Dworzak, Copland, Wynn-Davis, Fox, Taank and Hart are scholars. Roberts, Massey and Dabre were brought in as (very young) professionals.

Think that's everyone whose been in and around the first team?

Assuming those who were here last season were under the same ‘status’ then despite the fact they are an additional +1 with regards to ‘players used’ this season they’ve effectively added 0 to the wage bill.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: