Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sandro  (Read 4266 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 11:31:42 »

Assuming those who were here last season were under the same ‘status’ then despite the fact they are an additional +1 with regards to ‘players used’ this season they’ve effectively added 0 to the wage bill.

Well, Cowmeadow and Minturn were scholars last season, I assume they had a slight pay bump up to pro status. But yes, I can't imagine these guys, even collectively, are making a significant budgetary impact.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 13:17:15 »

41 players used includes those on loan or sold.  Our squad is also around 41 players.

Last season we used more loans - you'd presume the costs for those were smaller provided we played the players (the deals tend to be a fee reduced based on appearances).

This season we have used less loans - more direct costs to us, plus we have still used more players in total (still time for that to grow if Morris fancies trying a few out).

Whichever way you cut it - we've wasted money.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 13:39:23 »

Was chatting to a guy at Banbury the other night and he reckons Roberts had a break clause in his contract halfway through. He thought it was a two year deal. He also thought Banbury tried to get him back on loan before Aldershot but were turned down as STFC wanted him at a higher level. Bloke goes to Aldershot then gets called back, not been in any squad since so bit of a waste for him now as he wont play for anyone for the rest of the season as the non league window is shut.

Shame really, Banbury could have done with him on loan, their form is nearly as bad as ours at the minute!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: