Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sandro  (Read 4255 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« on: Sunday, April 2, 2023, 09:39:42 »

I don't understand why he is getting all the blame from some of our fans. Yes, he may have a say in some transfers but these players are more than capable. We have seen what the team can do when they put the effort in. We have thrown leads away willy nilly.

For me it's a lack of effort and poor concentration. That is the managers role.

I think this summer will be interesting. We will need a new GK, a new Striker. I would get rid of them all including Austin - again he shows no passion. He's the captain, he should be bollocking the players for lack of effort.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, April 2, 2023, 10:03:55 »

I think people are firmly coming round to not putting all their eggs in one basket with regards to the blame game.

The recruitment & transfers have not been good enough and the tactics have been shocking.
People talk about the lack of experience (it’s a fair point) but we aren’t even doing the basics right. Basics I’d expect Sunday League footballers to at least attempt to do - let alone professionals.

Everyone is culpable and no one has done a satisfactory job in their role.
I don’t think anyone would be upset if the club was completely gutted out in the summer.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, April 2, 2023, 10:39:44 »

it's not one person's issue it's a systematic failure from the top

we do however have at best the second  shitest *squad* ever. So it's not unexpected that the person perceived to have assembled it gets the flack.

as I've said before, we are lacking the context of constraints from above
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, April 2, 2023, 11:04:27 »

Don’t get me wrong I’m not a massive fan and the January window was a proper shambles but something I only reminded myself about recently with regards to giving him stick for only signing kids was that back in the summer window there did seem to be a bit more of a blend of kids and experience. We brought in Macdonald, tried for Sol Bamba, I remember something being mentioned about us trying for Will Grigg? All to add to a core of Baudry, Gladwin, Williams and Reed (to an extent, although he’s only 25)

Not sure if there’s much of a point that I’m trying to make there. Just more frustration that the January window went as it did when we just needed a competent window of business to stay in touch with the promotion places.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, April 2, 2023, 11:28:54 »

The better player we have either don't fit the model or were brought in after (mceachran)

We somehow have a worse team than last season, where we had an embargo and had a 2 week pre season. That alone should see all in charge of recruitment fucked off.

Failure everywhere. Sandro can take a lot of blame but it goes further than Sandro, the sham recruitment process was allowed to continue in January. Cain and Kadji for Gladwin and Reed. Macdonald not replaced by anyone. Need I say more? 

Have fun flogging season tickets. Eek. oh, and just be ready for the club to blame fans next season for lack of support.

A lot of things need addressing at this club.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, April 2, 2023, 11:47:33 »

When the new owners took over at Wrexham, they installed Shaun Harvey as an advisor. A guy who has a wealth of football experience on his CV. After Chorley left, the people with football experience behind the scenes can be counted on no hands.

I'd like to see this addressed. Mark Devlin, Nick Watkins etc,

just someone, ANYONE that knows what they are doing.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, April 2, 2023, 12:13:00 »

I agree Bob, I think most will tbh.

I am beginning to worry about how stretched we are financially and whether that's limiting us doing that (or rather attracting someone to do it )

humph. everything is shit. at least we aren't going down this year
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, April 2, 2023, 12:45:48 »

I see Nicky Hammond is being interviewed on the supporters club thing tomorrow.

Way out of our league, last worked at Newcastle
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, April 2, 2023, 13:49:57 »

Surely Chorley has to resurface sometime.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, April 2, 2023, 13:59:22 »

He’s at Southampton isnt he?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, April 2, 2023, 14:12:22 »

There are a lot of people to have a pop at this season who haven't been up to it from players, Sandro, Lindsey and even Morris despite the circumstances he's been given.

The problem is though, January was such a monster colossal shit show, that it basically gave us zero chance. Results have been piss poor, but our better players have been the ones Morris has brought in (n a limited free agency market.)

Sandro (and Lindsey who so say had final say) had all summer and the assembled squad wasn't up to it.

People shouldn't have to preface every Sandro criticism with (but he's not the only one who has failed this season) every time, in my opinion. Its warranted shit. He's recruited poorly and the January transfer window was an absolute debacle.

He can wear every bit of it because he's fucking useless and if Clem lets this fiasco continue then he should too.

Fuck Sandro and his spreadsheet.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 2, 2023, 14:18:54 by ChalkyWhiteIsGod » Logged
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, April 2, 2023, 14:14:06 »

I agree Bob, I think most will tbh.

I am beginning to worry about how stretched we are financially and whether that's limiting us doing that (or rather attracting someone to do it )

humph. everything is shit. at least we aren't going down this year

Budget isn't the issue this season. If we didn't buy so many duds we wouldn't be up to about 40 players. The money has been there, We (mostly Sandro) have just spent the money poorly.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, April 2, 2023, 14:43:00 »

I'll tell you why Sandro can take a fucking run and jump - he's fucking out of his depth.  Our squad of footballers has 23 players who were not with us last season, a season where we made the Play Offs and recruited entirely in one summer.  We have used 41 players in total!!!!!!

There are two reasons for such an overhaul - you were correcting us being shit (we were not) or you have no fucking clue about what you are doing.

The chap is Head/Director of Football Operations - suck it up, you want the title, take the shit.  That is not a Junior role in a Business, it's a billy big bollocks take the plaudits/take the heat type of role.

BUT

I can do others in the Org as well if you like............................

As other state, the problem is bigger - it's a system wide issue.  Nothing about our football operations looks like it lines up with a Mission Statement of Promotion!  We look like a Blue Peter Bring and Buy Sale.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, April 2, 2023, 16:38:52 »

There are two reasons for such an overhaul - you were correcting us being shit (we were not) or you have no fucking clue about what you are doing.

I agree with a lot of what you said, but this (in my view) is a bit over simplistic.

We had to rebuild completely as a lot of our squad was either on loan, were only with us for a season or again were not very good.

What you can't blame Sandro for is that Jack Payne wanted to play in League 1, and Louis Reed turned to shit over the summer (Sulking because he lost his mates, just wanted out or thought Lindsey was shit, who knows).

Also, we were all crying out for a bit more stability, so they've signed players on multiple year deals, except some of them were not good enough & the lack of experienced players at this level has done us no favours.

The spreadsheet way can be used to identify potential (it must work as most clubs from what I've read use it), but it shouldn't be the only method.

I still believe the issue was we had nobody with enough Football experience to make the decisions
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, April 2, 2023, 17:00:54 »

I agree with a lot of what you said, but this (in my view) is a bit over simplistic.

We had to rebuild completely as a lot of our squad was either on loan, were only with us for a season or again were not very good.

What you can't blame Sandro for is that Jack Payne wanted to play in League 1, and Louis Reed turned to shit over the summer (Sulking because he lost his mates, just wanted out or thought Lindsey was shit, who knows).

Also, we were all crying out for a bit more stability, so they've signed players on multiple year deals, except some of them were not good enough & the lack of experienced players at this level has done us no favours.

The spreadsheet way can be used to identify potential (it must work as most clubs from what I've read use it), but it shouldn't be the only method.

I still believe the issue was we had nobody with enough Football experience to make the decisions

Very much this. Compare and contrast the squad Chorley was able to put together in limited time with what we've put together this season. As with seemingly a lot of things at the club, it's not very cohesive.

I'm not suggesting he's still about, but when Clem came in I'd have liked a total overhaul of Power's cronies, the fact Zav is still about doing whatever he's doing in Asia doesn't sit right, however the club dress it up.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: