Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next seasons rebuild 23/24  (Read 28911 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Wednesday, March 22, 2023, 17:12:18 »

If Clem dosen't wake up and smell the coffee and continues to let Sandro use his spreadsheet for signings we ain't getting out of league 2 anytime soon. 

100% spot on.
Can only wait now until the close season and see how we prepare for it.
Not suggesting we do the complete U Turn and become a long ball and direct side, far from it. However we need to address the fact that we get bullied and outmuscled by this league two garbage.

What a chance we have missed this season. Shambles.
Next season is going to be an even tougher challenge with those coming up and those going down.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Wednesday, March 22, 2023, 17:51:58 »

If Clem dosen't wake up and smell the coffee and continues to let Sandro use his spreadsheet for signings we ain't getting out of league 2 anytime soon. 

Hopefully he doesn't let him do the financial reports in excel either

I come from a land down-under
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Wednesday, March 22, 2023, 18:24:37 »

Quote from: Jimmy QuitMoaning

We actually might..

from LSP:
Assessing recruitment 🤔

When the Matchday 18 features at least 5 players here last year (which has happened 20 times), #stfc average 1.7ppg

76 points over a full season - play off form

When it hasn’t (16 games), ppg falls to 1.1

52 points over a season - relegation form
[/quote/]
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Wednesday, March 22, 2023, 18:40:14 »

100% spot on.
Can only wait now until the close season and see how we prepare for it.
Not suggesting we do the complete U Turn and become a long ball and direct side, far from it. However we need to address the fact that we get bullied and outmuscled by this league two garbage.

What a chance we have missed this season. Shambles.
Next season is going to be an even tougher challenge with those coming up and those going down.

Hmm. The current bottom 4 in league one I wouldn't be particularly worried about. All clubs that have been punching above their weight and may struggle in league 2 next season.

But yes, the likes of Wrexham and Notts County coming up will certainly be a problem.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Wednesday, March 22, 2023, 19:22:41 »

We actually might..

from LSP:
Assessing recruitment 🤔

When the Matchday 18 features at least 5 players here last year (which has happened 20 times), #stfc average 1.7ppg

76 points over a full season - play off form

When it hasn’t (16 games), ppg falls to 1.1

52 points over a season - relegation form
[/quote/]

Be interesting to see how that breaks down into actual minutes played because being in the 18 doesn’t mean you necessarily have any impact on the game.

Just as an example Reed spent a lot of time on the bench but from memory didn’t come on a lot and when he did it was 10-15 minutes at most but would obviously count in the 5.
I assume Aguiar has kept our bench warm at times without getting on the pitch too. Just like that ‘5 in the match day 18’ suddenly becomes ‘3 who actually played’

It’s also safe to assume those stats include the few games Harry McKirdy played (obviously) and he was a big loss for us.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Wednesday, March 22, 2023, 19:27:01 »

it's a fair point DV.

it's also fair to say without the (Lindsay) spell up to Mansfield we'd be a tad worried.

while there are some mitigating circumstances, 2 wins from 10 is pathetic
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Wednesday, March 22, 2023, 21:11:47 »

it's a fair point DV.

it's also fair to say without the (Lindsay) spell up to Mansfield we'd be a tad worried.

while there are some mitigating circumstances, 2 wins from 10 is pathetic

Yeah, stats can be manipulated to look certain ways. Like that implies we do better with last seasons player, ok. Who from last season has been playing well? Williams in patches. Gladwin start the season well….then who? You get to Reed & Iandolo
…not just the result. The manor of them aren’t great imo.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Thursday, March 23, 2023, 09:53:59 »

Ah well, academic now. We aren't going down or up.

Onto next season and the hope we can do better than 2 wins from 10 with whoever we bring in
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Thursday, March 23, 2023, 10:29:42 »

Building on those LSPod stats bit again, here is the points per game for individual players when they start the game. L2 only, five games minimum. 22 players meet the qualifying standard, I'll give the top and bottom five:

Top Five:

Angus MacDonald 1.63
Tom Clayton 1.61
Saidou Khan 1.60
Ronan Darcy 1.60
Mathieu Baudry 1.57

Bottom Five:

Jake Cain 1.20
Charlie Austin 1.20
Harry McKirdy 1.20
Ciaran Brennan 1.21
Ellis Iandolo 1.22

Not really sure that tells us anything. Perhaps that a settled defence is more important at this level than a great goalscorer? Interesting nonetheless though.

Because I have nothing better to do, if you include sub appearances our top two are Ricky Aguiar (1.88!) and Tyrese Shade (1.69) and the bottom two Dylan Kadji (0.83) and Harrison Minturn (0.8 ).
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Thursday, March 23, 2023, 10:37:40 »

Building on those LSPod stats bit again, here is the points per game for individual players when they start the game. L2 only, five games minimum. 22 players meet the qualifying standard, I'll give the top and bottom five:

Top Five:

Angus MacDonald 1.63
Tom Clayton 1.61
Saidou Khan 1.60
Ronan Darcy 1.60
Mathieu Baudry 1.57

Bottom Five:

Jake Cain 1.20
Charlie Austin 1.20
Harry McKirdy 1.20
Ciaran Brennan 1.21
Ellis Iandolo 1.22

Not really sure that tells us anything. Perhaps that a settled defence is more important at this level than a great goalscorer? Interesting nonetheless though.

Because I have nothing better to do, if you include sub appearances our top two are Ricky Aguiar (1.88!) and Tyrese Shade (1.69) and the bottom two Dylan Kadji (0.83) and Harrison Minturn (0.8 ).

Not saying a word more about Angus MacDonald.

Interesting though that there is only one of last season players in the top 5 but two in the bottom 5 when you compare that with the LSP stats

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Thursday, March 23, 2023, 10:48:50 »

Interesting though that there is only one of last season players in the top 5 but two in the bottom 5 when you compare that with the LSP stats

I think that probably just suggests that you can find a stat to back up just about any argument if you want to!

In terms of partnerships, our starting defensive partnerships by PPG:

Clayton/Baudry 2.25 (4 apps together)
Clayton/MacDonald 1.88 (8 apps together)
FBT/MacDonald 1.79 (14 apps together, some with FBT at LB)
Brennan/Clayton 1.67 (6 apps together)
FBT/Clayton 1.65 (17 apps together, some with FBT at LB)
MacDonald/Baudry 0.66 (3 apps together)

Generally that seems to lead to the stunning conclusion that one left footed CB and one right footed CB, one older and one younger performs well, whilst two of the same struggle a lot more.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Thursday, March 23, 2023, 10:51:43 »

I think that probably just suggests that you can find a stat to back up just about any argument if you want to!

In terms of partnerships, our starting defensive partnerships by PPG:

Clayton/Baudry 2.25 (4 apps together)
Clayton/MacDonald 1.88 (8 apps together)
FBT/MacDonald 1.79 (14 apps together, some with FBT at LB)
Brennan/Clayton 1.67 (6 apps together)
FBT/Clayton 1.65 (17 apps together, some with FBT at LB)
MacDonald/Baudry 0.66 (3 apps together)

Generally that seems to lead to the stunning conclusion that one left footed CB and one right footed CB, one older and one younger performs well, whilst two of the same struggle a lot more.

Indeed.

Makes interesting reading either way (well it does for me anyway)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Thursday, March 23, 2023, 10:55:45 »

Although I do love the odd anomaly thrown up due to lack of games.

I remember i did GPG for Simon Cox and various partners (to prove that Paynter wasn’t a donkey) and Cox most prolific strike partner was Ibon Arrieta average two goals a game (I think) based on one JPT (as it was then) game against Brentford.

Just googled him and Ibon Arrieta currently manages Juventud Torremolinos
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Thursday, March 23, 2023, 10:56:27 »

Top Five:

Angus MacDonald 1.63
Tom Clayton 1.61
Saidou Khan 1.60
Ronan Darcy 1.60
Mathieu Baudry 1.57

Bottom Five:

Jake Cain 1.20
Charlie Austin 1.20
Harry McKirdy 1.20
Ciaran Brennan 1.21
Ellis Iandolo 1.22

Not really sure that tells us anything.

One way of reading it is most of the bottom 5 were either involved in our shitty start, added after our shitty Jan. Iandolo hasn't looked match fit at all. Did Brennan come in after the Mansfield run?

I dunno, looks interesting but ..

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Thursday, March 23, 2023, 11:00:43 »

One way of reading it is most of the bottom 5 were either involved in our shitty start, added after our shitty Jan. Iandolo hasn't looked match fit at all. Did Brennan come in after the Mansfield run?

I dunno, looks interesting but ..

Brennan has been here all season (although you might have meant into the starting XI)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: