Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rochdale v Swindon Town pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 19369 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 17:36:52 »

No part of me felt we were headed for promotion under Lindsey, regardless of our league position when he left. And then January happened. It has been a free hit for Morris for me and I've seen enough to know he'll do well given time. The squad is a joke and the injuries and suspensions have been unprecedented. He has regularly changed games with subs, and did again today.

I want SDM gone and a statement saying "we are sorry, we f***ed up and we are putting Morris in full control", even if it just helps to sell some season tickets. Selling literally ALL the experience in January and not replacing it was suicidal.
Absolutely agree 100%,  couldn’t believe how hostile the Dale fans were when 2-0 down, had we scored another at that time they’d have torn the place down.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 17:37:21 »

Absolutely agree 100%,  couldn’t believe how hostile the Dale fans were when 2-0 down, had we scored another at that time they’d have torn the place down.

What score did you predict? I was hoping to make ground on you😀

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 17:40:13 »

You were banging on constantly about Duncan Ferguson, which seems to have gone a little quiet recently Wink

I thought he might be a decent manager. Seems he isn’t…but…it’s someone else’s team so we can’t really blame him one single but can we?
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 17:41:25 »

What about our manager?
What about him ??  Saved us from sure relegation had Lindsey stayed. Give him time mate,  think you’ll change your tune.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 17:41:41 »

Another threat next season in league 2 along with Wrexham and the usual suspects from this season.

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 17:42:31 »

I get the frustration, and we showed today (as we have all season) that we are not a serious football team.

But, football is entertainment and that was entertaining as hell. I know DV will be along shortly to tell us he'd rather we won 1-0 with one shot on target every week, but he's wrong. That was great. Stupid, incredibly flawed but fuck me it was fun.

Hmmm, not many people commenting post game about how enjoyable the game was is there?
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 17:43:08 »

What score did you predict? I was hoping to make ground on you😀
you and everyone else probably did - 2-0 win!!. 

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 17:43:39 »

you and everyone else probably did - 2-0 win!!. 

I went for a 2-1 win

So, give no fucks
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 17:45:38 »

Sandro has to go. Simple as. We cannot have him running recruitment any longer.

11th in division 4 just isn’t good enough for this club. Would be our second worst league finish on record if it pans out.

Clem must know that our level of support cannot be sustained much longer watching the absolute dig shite at this level

I don’t think you can blame everything on Sandro. Historically Swindon (like many other teams in our division) have utilised the loan market and half of the team was built on loan players. It was great under Wellens but shit hit the fan when we got promoted as most of the loan players went onto bigger and better things.

Whenever we get next promoted, I just hope 90% of the team remains (and don’t leave because they are on loan) and maybe two or three new players are signed to strengthen in areas which need strengthening.

It might take a few years to get right but then promotion from league 1 would then be more feasible.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 17:46:47 »

I went for a 2-1 win
Well done Bobs Orange must have had inside information, probably the only one who had it down for a draw, think that puts him top.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 17:46:51 »

No problem with loan players just need the right ones to get us out of league 2

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 17:47:34 »

Well done Bobs Orange must have had inside information, probably the only one who had it down for a draw, think that puts him top.

Yep fair play to Bob

So, give no fucks
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 17:47:55 »

Hmmm, not many people commenting post game about how enjoyable the game was is there?

No, fair to say I'm in a minority. Possibly of one. I think it's just that I've given up on going up so don't really care about where we finish in midtable. If it was a month or two back I'm sure I'd be spitting feathers with the rest.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 17:49:38 »

From what was said on the radio it was an excellent entertaining game - for the neutral. 

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 17:49:58 »

What about him ??  Saved us from sure relegation had Lindsey stayed. Give him time mate,  think you’ll change your tune.

Yes mate. Those 2 wins in 9 games have guaranteed our survival.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: