Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rochdale v Swindon Town pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 19785 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 17:07:40 »

Our players really aren’t very good, anyone who still thinks otherwise is wrong.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 17:08:25 »

I truly do believe Clem & co. were after promotion this season and not content with just consolidating for a few years, but they’ve got it horribly wrong. Recruitment has not been fit for a promotion side. What team in recent years have been promoted with such little experience? Maybe Crewe in 19/20, but who knows if they would’ve gone up if the season was able to finish. Not after a team of 35 year olds, but fuck me, when we concede the same goals week in week out, it isn’t hard to see how much we’re missing some experience

Experience isn’t the issue here, quality is.
We don’t have any.
Ides of March

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 17:10:13 »

We don’t have any.

I do agree, but there has to be some experience in there. The squad is understandably so naive due to their age and lack of experience. But yes, quality severely lacking too
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 17:10:23 »

Think it depends person to person. Wouldn’t say someone wanting a 1-0 win is wrong as such. Above everything, I’m a Swindon Town fan who wants to see my club win, no matter how shit, boring, lucky it comes. Sure, today was entertaining, but I’d prefer a scrappy 1-0 Swindon win any day. Suppose it just depends on what you’re after.

Yeah I get that. Obviously if we could just choose to win, we'd all do that. But the season is going nowhere and this was a billion times better than Walsall on Tuesday. Might as well have a bit of fun for the rest of the season, who gives a shit if we're 9th or 14th.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 17:10:26 »

The 'model' wheels have come off.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 17:10:47 »

We don’t have any.

Charlie Austin is here, and he showed plenty today!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 17:10:51 »

Our players really aren’t very good, anyone who still thinks otherwise is wrong.
Yep, serious work to be done in the summer to avoid a relegation dog fight next season...
Ides of March

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 17:10:59 »

Another issue is the amount of two year deals we’ve handed out. Great on paper if the recruitment is spot on, but sadly we’re going to find it difficult to shift a lot of the shite in the summer
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 17:11:31 »

Playoffs gone now. Can we get rid of Sandro now due to not meeting performance targets pls

Have to agree. Sacking Sandro will be the most positive thing the board can do this season.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 17:12:14 »

I think I’m a bit worried that we look worse under Morris than under Gunning and under Lyndsey. Is that solely because of injuries and suspensions?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 17:13:00 »

Got to worry about next season, if Austin and Williams go, which if they had any sense, they would, then some serious work is going to need to be done.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 17:15:59 »

I think I’m a bit worried that we look worse under Morris than under Gunning and under Lyndsey. Is that solely because of injuries and suspensions?
agreed. But I'm not sure it's a fair comparison because of what you say.

he also had MacDonald, Reed and Gladwin around the place and khan not permasuspended.

That said, was expecting a bit more under Morris. But we'll see what next season brings on that.

gunning only had 2 games, that tells us nowt

we had started to splutter under Lindsey too.

I think we have to accept this season has been a clusterfuck and hope to god Clem has the resources and minerals to do what's needed to change it
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 17:16:40 »

Let's hope Morris gives Clem a list of players that he wants rather than Sandro choosing them.

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #328 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 17:18:33 »

I disagree, Gunning had a free hit so the players were always going to respond to him, he just said go out and play how you want, it worked but it would have stopped soon after with the injuries, suspensions and player sales.

As for better under Lindsey? I think you have forgotten how utterly woeful we were under Lindsey at times, Crawley away, Harrogate away, Northampton home, Stevenage away, Walsall away, Walsall home and Stockport away as well as losing all 3 Pizza cup games without a fight. Even some of the games we drew and won were were truly awful and incredibly dull in.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 17:18:53 »

No part of me felt we were headed for promotion under Lindsey, regardless of our league position when he left. And then January happened. It has been a free hit for Morris for me and I've seen enough to know he'll do well given time. The squad is a joke and the injuries and suspensions have been unprecedented. He has regularly changed games with subs, and did again today.

I want SDM gone and a statement saying "we are sorry, we f***ed up and we are putting Morris in full control", even if it just helps to sell some season tickets. Selling literally ALL the experience in January and not replacing it was suicidal.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: