Poll
Question: Who gets your vote?  (Voting closed: Friday, March 17, 2023, 21:41:58)
Sol Brynn - 1 (2.8%)
Marcel Lavinier (sub 73) - 1 (2.8%)
Tom Clayton - 4 (11.1%)
Tom Brewitt - 7 (19.4%)
Remeao Hutton - 1 (2.8%)
George McEachran - 8 (22.2%)
Jonny Williams (sub 78) - 9 (25%)
Ronan Darcy - 2 (5.6%)
Jacob Wakeling - 0 (0%)
Luke Jephcott (sub 73) - 0 (0%)
Tyrese Shade (sub 73) - 0 (0%)
Charlie Austin (on 73) - 1 (2.8%)
Rushian Hepburn-Murphy (on 73) - 0 (0%)
Harrison Minturn (on 73) - 0 (0%)
Jake Cain (on 78) - 2 (5.6%)
Total Voters: 36

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Walsall v Swindon MoM Thread  (Read 5218 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2023, 21:47:57 »

To think Darcy was the Payne replacement, just about sums up why we have gone backwards.
He is a luxury player only suitable in midfield of 4 and a in a winning team.
Squad player at the very best and one that will need to be replaced next season if we are to be serious about getting out of this shite league.

Who would have replaced Payne with?
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2023, 21:58:51 »

Williams then McEachran then Brewitt then Clayton then Lavinier the rest were shite.

Jephcott hardly kicked the ball and Darcy gave the ball away almost every time he had it.

Williams 7
McEachran 7
Brewitt 6.5
Lavinier 6.5
Clayton 6.5
Hutton 6
Brynn 5
Wakeling 5
Shade 4
Darcy 4
Jephcott 3

Austin, RHM, Cain and Minturn not really about to contribute much other than 2 efforts on goal by RHM who would get a 6 based on that.

This is bang on.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2023, 22:06:43 »

Pass completion rate of 90.6%. Highest in the game

I recall a handful of through balls/attacking passes. Knocking it backwards and sideways a couple yards is the same thing Conroy got shit for last season when the argument was for him having a high pass completion %.

molepar

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, March 16, 2023, 08:01:57 »

Pass completion rate of 90.6%. Highest in the game
It goes to show that some on here make their minds up about players despite what they do on the pitch.
DMC

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, March 16, 2023, 08:14:03 »

Not really Molepar he didnt create chances and has what..1 assist all season. He is not a proper tackler which is fine so if he isn't creating chances or breaking up play what is he doing?

Unfortunately it's getting to that stage of the season when players start becoming better than they are as theyre just the best of a bad bunch
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, March 16, 2023, 08:30:36 »

I actually thought Darcy was ok on Tuesday night. I do know of people that think he's absolutely a waste of space and expect him to be in National League N/S in a couple of seasons. I'm still on the fence about him, clearly if you compare him to Jack Payne (his direct replacement) it's chalk and cheese, but as a squad player I think he's useful. From memory I think he had our only shot on target on Tuesday, forcing a routine save from the keeper, but a save nontheless.

At 22 I think he has time to develop, but the next couple of seasons are crucial as to whether he is going to be a lower league trundler, or fall into non-league.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, March 16, 2023, 08:47:50 »

Not really Molepar he didnt create chances and has what..1 assist all season. He is not a proper tackler which is fine so if he isn't creating chances or breaking up play what is he doing?

Unfortunately it's getting to that stage of the season when players start becoming better than they are as theyre just the best of a bad bunch
Also got a few goals and probably more assists if you count Salford away and Newport at home. I’m just playing devils advocate and I don’t think he is as bad as people make out. He may not have had the impact to change games all the time but when people say he misses every pass when he had the highest pass completion rate on the pitch that is clearly wrong.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, March 16, 2023, 09:15:24 »

Darcy isn't terrible, he's just a worse version of Williams - doesn't create as many chances for others as you'd expect, but scores a fair few himself. Neither do much off the ball. McEachran shows both that you don't need to be a Dylan Kadji sized player to break up play or provide any sort of defensive effort.

Some exciting STATS on our midfielders: (https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/159/Show/England-Swindon)

Tackles per game

McEachran 3.7
Cain 2.1
Kadji 1.6
Khan/Reed 1.4
Gladwin 1.1
Darcy 0.8
Williams 0.7

Key Passes per game:

Gladwin 1.9
McEachran 1.5
Williams/Reed 1.3
Kadji/Darcy 0.8
Khan 0.4

Shots per game:

Williams/Darcy 1.3 (with Darcy's skewing 75% long range, Williams 50:50)
Reed 1.2 (Mostly FKs)
Gladwin 1.1
Khan/Cain 0.9
McEachran 0.2
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, March 16, 2023, 09:21:02 »

It goes to show that some on here make their minds up about players despite what they do on the pitch.
FWIW I like Darcy but I thought he had a really poor game and offered nothing, he just ran around a lot.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, March 16, 2023, 09:22:34 »

I went to the game and that was my opinion. You saw the game and you have a different one. Deal with it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, March 16, 2023, 09:29:06 »

Maybe relevant to the point of "giving the ball away" in this case, but stats can be very misleading.

Person 1 - 91% pass completion - he's not giving the ball away

Person 2 - 91% pass completion - but they were nearly all passes to people 2 feet away in the centre circle. The 9% of more incisive 'unlocking' longer passes were wayward and intercepted.

Or footy fans chat shit Smiley

Didn't watch the game, but if  did I would definitely had a different opinion again.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, March 16, 2023, 09:34:28 »

Pass completion stats are meaningless.

If I make 10 forward attacking passes and 9 aren’t successful but 1 goes through to the striker who puts it in the back of the net then I’ve done more for the team that someone’s whose made 20 short sideways passes all of which were successful but never went anywhere.

Another overstaticifation of football.

I like Darcy fwiw and think ultimately he should be judged at the end of his second year with us. Feel he could go either way tbh.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #27 on: Thursday, March 16, 2023, 09:34:32 »

Maybe relevant to the point of "giving the ball away" in this case, but stats can be very misleading.

Person 1 - 91% pass completion - he's not giving the ball away

Person 2 - 91% pass completion - but they were nearly all passes to people 2 feet away in the centre circle. The 9% of more incisive 'unlocking' longer passes were wayward and intercepted.

Or footy fans chat shit Smiley

Didn't watch the game, but if  did I would definitely had a different opinion again.
Indeed its all about opinions and we all have them but when someone disagrees with yours (not yours specifically Batch Wink ) it doesnt mean they are automatically wrong or right its an opinion and no need to shout the other persons opinion down just state your own and move on.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #28 on: Thursday, March 16, 2023, 09:35:21 »

Pass completion stats are meaningless.

If I make 10 forward attacking passes and 9 aren’t successful but 1 goes through to the striker who puts it in the back of the net then I’ve done more for the team that someone’s whose made 20 short sideways passes all of which were successful but never went anywhere.

Another overstaticifation of football.

I like Darcy fwiw and think ultimately he should be judged at the end of his second year with us. Feel he could go either way tbh.
This.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, March 16, 2023, 09:38:40 »

Football stats summed up

* 79D4121E-11FF-4F8F-8340-315A301787EA.jpeg (27.56 KB, 225x225 - viewed 65 times.)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: