Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season Ticket Prices  (Read 36796 times)
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Monday, March 13, 2023, 15:15:53 »

This is what cinemas do. Disabled get a complimentary if carer pays full price.

To apply, the person requiring assistance must be 5 years of age or older and be in receipt of one of the following:

Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
Attendance Allowance (AA)
Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
Adult / Child Disability Payment (ADP / CDP in Scotland)
Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)
Isn't that the same cost as the carer going free if the disabled person pays full price?
« Last Edit: Monday, March 13, 2023, 15:18:20 by Pookemon » Logged
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Monday, March 13, 2023, 15:41:24 »

Bbbbbbut the trust said all fans best interests had been represented

They wouldn’t just blindly trust the club because they are too embedded in the clubs operations to maintain proper oversight, would they?

Things get better but they never get good
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Monday, March 13, 2023, 15:45:36 »

Bbbbbbut the trust said all fans best interests had been represented

They wouldn’t just blindly trust the club because they are too embedded in the clubs operations to maintain proper oversight, would they?

The Trust's social guy on Twitter suggested they'd compared the list price last year to this year, and last year's season ticket prices supposedly were that disabled fans were charged as per their age bracket, but then got a free carer ticket if needed alongside that.

From what I've seen, some disabled fans appear to have actually paid concession prices last year (even if they're between 22-65, so nominally adult prices), and some don't. It seems like an admin fuck up more than genuine malice, but obviously it looks horrendous and is a clear example of why you need to actually have people in the room who are from these groups who can point out the difference between the reality and the theory here.

Obviously coming days after the club did a whole bunch of inclusivity PR stuff with individual disabled fans, it's a bit of a shocker.
DMC

« Reply #93 on: Monday, March 13, 2023, 15:46:11 »

Be amazed if this isn't explained as a oversight. Another clear example of things needing to be sorted out asap in regards to the day to day stuff at the club and releasing things before everything is sorted.

That is now the Disabled tickets and the family tickets that they have not looked at properly

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Monday, March 13, 2023, 15:47:31 »

Quote from: Nemo

I wonder if there is a view at the club that this is being exploited by some to reduce their costs, but if that's the case, punishing those who genuinely have a need is... not good.

that would be fucking nuts. even by STFC standards. Mind you, sledgehammer and nut has been demonstrated  before in kidgate

Aberdeen is on the osc later, it will be asked. I can't watch, but it's usually available on playback.

how many disabled tickets do we even sell?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Monday, March 13, 2023, 15:49:09 »

Didnt the trust and supporters club try to defend this on twitter the other day?

Tonights on the sofa will no doubt be a begging message to buy season tickets

Shall we play business bingo?

Im going for

‘clubs legacy’
‘Better budget for Jody’

Blah blah etc etc
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Monday, March 13, 2023, 15:50:37 »

Should be free

They already get a prime car parking space for free!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Monday, March 13, 2023, 15:51:01 »

It will absolutely be excused away as an admin oversight. Just very amateurish

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Monday, March 13, 2023, 15:53:26 »

Quote from: DMC

oversight.  the family tickets that they have not looked at properly

Go back to 2018-19. There are 4 family packages. Now there is 1.

I'm not saying it's the wrong decision, maybe it was too cheap.

But oversight my bottom, this is intentional and intentionality ignored in the 5% increase blurb. And the way it's been done has annoyed me.

The OSC also questioned the disabled ticket prices too. The club clarified 'adult prices'. Also seen on Twitter fans getting same response
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Monday, March 13, 2023, 15:55:39 »

The Trust's social guy on Twitter suggested they'd compared the list price last year to this year, and last year's season ticket prices supposedly were that disabled fans were charged as per their age bracket, but then got a free carer ticket if needed alongside that.

From what I've seen, some disabled fans appear to have actually paid concession prices last year (even if they're between 22-65, so nominally adult prices), and some don't. It seems like an admin fuck up more than genuine malice, but obviously it looks horrendous and is a clear example of why you need to actually have people in the room who are from these groups who can point out the difference between the reality and the theory here.

Obviously coming days after the club did a whole bunch of inclusivity PR stuff with individual disabled fans, it's a bit of a shocker.

Isn’t that just admitting that they should have had a 40% increase applied last season? Not sure that’s a vote winner

DMC

« Reply #100 on: Monday, March 13, 2023, 16:09:24 »

This is the thing as well. If you have Rob going on tonight then the club and the Trust need to stop answering and let him answer these questions because there is every chance now that  what he says tonight will go against what the ticket office and the club have said.

Everything at the moment seems to be reactive not pro active. It's like make a decison then see what they think
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Monday, March 13, 2023, 16:09:56 »

Can anyone explain why you can buy a match ticket online with a credit or debit card but not a season ticket?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Monday, March 13, 2023, 16:17:50 »

Can anyone explain why you can buy a match ticket online with a credit or debit card but not a season ticket?

Can only guess, though I do think they explained lack of CC facilities before. I'll see if I can find it

Guesses
   - Cost
   - Cash flow - How the CC company releases the cash - monthly or two lumps -etc

edit: Last year

"The reason we are unable to offer card payments as an option is due to the historical financial standing of the club," the letter to fans said.

"The card payment merchant provider we were using upped its limit due to the winding-up petition that was filed, as well as the fact they were not expecting us to have sold as many season tickets as we did last year."

I can't recall what "the limit" meant.Clearly a difference in online and in person sales though.
« Last Edit: Monday, March 13, 2023, 16:20:44 by Batch » Logged
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Monday, March 13, 2023, 16:23:52 »

https://twitter.com/stfcquestions/status/1635297107094667269?s=20

So on the OSC Monday night super fan panel tonight, we have OSC members/reps asking the CEO questions on the ST prices, with the disabled ticket pricing already question already being confirmed to be asked, by the same OSC and trust who agreed with all these prices and was aware of all things STs for 23/24, and clearly haven't objected to the disabled pricing band. Nothing shocks with me this OSC. Farce.

Lots of U turns coming I think
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Monday, March 13, 2023, 16:25:51 »

Appreciate that was the excuse a year ago. Has the situation not improved..?

Genuinely curious that you can use them for regular match tickets online, but not season tickets. Makes no sense to this layman!

Well aware this is small fry compared to the disabled debacle, and I'm genuinely content with the rise in prices for regular tickets, but I do feel the club put barriers in our way at every conceivable opportunity.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: