Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season Ticket Prices  (Read 36802 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 12:24:11 »

From what I've read disabled prices have gone up 40% in some instances, that's a huge own goal sadly.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #61 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 12:27:23 »

From what I've read disabled prices have gone up 40% in some instances, that's a huge own goal sadly.
Thats really not good.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 13:08:12 »

Is that because they are charging more for the person, or are they charging more for their plus one.
It used to be almost free if you were the person’s carer
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 13:41:31 »

Consider how much everything is going up - that increase doesn’t seem too bad in comparison.

Be interesting to see how our prices and % increase compare to the rest of the league when everyone has released their numbers.

…only had a quick scan but is there absolutely no benefit for renewing a season ticket price wise?
Early bird prices are the same for new and existing customers? Think that’s a bit poor if it’s true.

Although it is a lot of money to find in one hit. I dunno what offers there are to split payments but I guess the club still ideally want as much of the ST revenue upfront in the beginning of the summer to cover costs out of the football season when there is no income.

Think more people would sign up - if the season ticket was like everything else - a monthly subscription but get that probably hinders the club but somehow 35 quid a month for the year sounds a lot easier to pay that 420 up front for arguments sake.

I think now a day with cash practically dead I don’t think going up from 25 to 27 will bother people much. You do it online or tap. It’s not like the olden days where you would have to break into another note (if you were paying with a 20 & a 5) or get change back instead of a note (if you were paying with a 20 & a 10) not sure it has the same psychological impact.

Like 20 years ago when Kingy was in charge and on the day prices broke 20 that seemed like a huge increase in the paying cash days.

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 14:28:08 »

Yeah, I remember then saying if you're going to charge £17, you may as well charge £20, but then going over £20 had a huge impact as well. It is a different era.

I see in addition to the disabled costs, it seems the family packages aren't as good? That'll have more of an impact than any other increase.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 14:31:53 »

Is that because they are charging more for the person, or are they charging more for their plus one.
It used to be almost free if you were the person’s carer

This is where i saw some bits about the disabled prices.

https://twitter.com/LisaJayneKnight/status/1634523057900470272?s=20

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 14:33:20 »

Yeah, I remember then saying if you're going to charge £17, you may as well charge £20, but then going over £20 had a huge impact as well. It is a different era.

I see in addition to the disabled costs, it seems the family packages aren't as good? That'll have more of an impact than any other increase.

They printed in the programme that the family ST was 2+2 but seemingly its wrong and its 1+1 which is less 'family' and more 'single parent'

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 14:37:14 »

I'm sure they had family of four tickets last year with a heftier discount than the adult and child packages. If there is a huge increase in a family of four I can see numbers dropping like flies.
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 14:07:00 »

I heard a rumour on Saturday what the original prices suggested by the club were, the increase would have been over 20% 😲
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 14:09:58 »

I heard Sandro wanted to put them up by 43%
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 14:11:17 »

This is where i saw some bits about the disabled prices.

https://twitter.com/LisaJayneKnight/status/1634523057900470272?s=20

Interesting, I’m pretty sure when my late wife had a disabled ST a few years ago it was a full price adult ticket, however that was a while ago so it may have been discounted in recent years.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 14:45:13 »

I heard a rumour on Saturday what the original prices suggested by the club were, the increase would have been over 20% 😲
That would be standard negotiating, go in with something ridiculously high and go down to something more reasonable and let the Trust and OSC feel like they’ve been listened to and keep them sweet and non-confrontational.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 14:53:30 »

It doesn't say much for the Trust and OSCs 'due diligence' when they've seemingly failed to pick up these pretty obvious issues around family and disabled tickets...

They do plenty of good work but I do think a slightly more hard nosed approach towards the club would be better for all. It leans towards brown nosed at the moment!
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 15:08:23 »

It doesn't say much for the Trust and OSCs 'due diligence' when they've seemingly failed to pick up these pretty obvious issues around family and disabled tickets...

They do plenty of good work but I do think a slightly more hard nosed approach towards the club would be better for all. It leans towards brown nosed at the moment!

To be fair I don’t think they knew a lot about some of the other pricing issues, they just got the general prices and the length of the early bird window
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 15:10:17 »

as I said before, the family ticket removal started ages ago.

I've pointed it out in past season to the trust. no way did they not spot it.

They can only do so much of course, in the main the rises are reasonable

the reasoning from the club for removing family 2 makes no sense. Clearly they think they were too cheap. Don't BS it
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: