Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Carlisle  (Read 24220 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 17:59:28 »

But those lack of 3 or 4 experienced heads are exactly the type of player that Sandro refused to sign hence it’s on him. Hopefully the rumours are true and he is outta here!

Refused to sign? Think you’re giving Lindsey an extremely easy ride there. Do you think Sandro will also refuse to sign the type of player Morris identifies this summer? Lot of people seem to know a hell of a lot about the internal workings of the club.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
donaldslovehild

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 18:11:36 »

Some of our fans obsession with Sandro is bizarre.

Blaming him for on field matters is embarrassing and a poor attempt at trying to fuel your narrative.

Morris coaches the team. If they're pissing about with it at the back it's because he's telling them to. Besides, you don't need to be 32 years old to have game management. Or a bit of common sense for that matter.
Totally this, we actually have 6 or 7 outstanding young prospects, more than I can remember in recent years. Developing 'assets' secures the future of the club and, but for being ravaged by injury, we would definitely be in the mix. Boo your own players, savage a guy trying to do his job. WTF, ashamed to be associated with some of the posters on here. The concept of being a 'supporter' seems to have been lost on many.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 18:20:20 »

Totally this, we actually have 6 or 7 outstanding young prospects, more than I can remember in recent years. Developing 'assets' secures the future of the club and, but for being ravaged by injury, we would definitely be in the mix. Boo your own players, savage a guy trying to do his job. WTF, ashamed to be associated with some of the posters on here. The concept of being a 'supporter' seems to have been lost on many.

And you are agreeing with a poster that said that Austin is crap an hour ago.  I haven't seen anyone really questioning the model of developing assets, more questioning the decision maker of that model.  I for one agree with the model, but for it to work you have to get the other side of it right, which is 1.) to make sure you have enough players in certain positions to be able to cope with injuries and suspensions 2.) be willing to be flexible with the model at times when needed and required.  All of the teams that have been successful with the model have introduced it over time and in a sensible way - we went in two footed with it and have paid the price in terms of recruitment this year..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
donaldslovehild

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 18:33:55 »

And you are agreeing with a poster that said that Austin is crap an hour ago.  I haven't seen anyone really questioning the model of developing assets, more questioning the decision maker of that model.  I for one agree with the model, but for it to work you have to get the other side of it right, which is 1.) to make sure you have enough players in certain positions to be able to cope with injuries and suspensions 2.) be willing to be flexible with the model at times when needed and required.  All of the teams that have been successful with the model have introduced it over time and in a sensible way - we went in two footed with it and have paid the price in terms of recruitment this year..
You make some very good points and mistakes have been made regarding adequate cover for injuries. Can't agree that no one is questioning the model though and I don't believe I inferred Austin was crap.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 18:43:13 »

You make some very good points and mistakes have been made regarding adequate cover for injuries. Can't agree that no one is questioning the model though and I don't believe I inferred Austin was crap.

Nobody has questioned that we need to develop assets at this club, which is what your original point referred to, and I didn't infer that you inferred that Austin was crap - the poster you quoted stated it about an hour into the matchday thread.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Gloucester Reds

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 18:59:28 »

New poster so don’t shoot me !!!
Work rate and effort today 100% can’t be faulted.
Lack of experience obvious but out of the experienced players - Charlie shouldn’t be captain, shouldn’t be dropping back and doing donkey work - his role is to put the ball in the net with the others supplying the service to him.
Johnny Williams sorry needs to man up - his reputation for spending every other second on his ass is costing us big time and he is failing to help the youngsters. Knuckle down and stop being a billy big bollocks.
We were out on our feet in injury time- lack of fitness caused by the appointment of the glorified PE teacher at the start of season as manager/head coach. However, that plus players having to play out of position doesn’t excuse the basics I learnt at under 9s level (45 years ago) that you mark at corners.
It was obvious where it was going, Brynn should have taken everyone out to claim the ball but stood there and the guy at the back post had the freedom of Wiltshire to head it in. As poor and inconsistent as the referee was (still concussed from the Grimsby game ?) he wouldn’t have punished Brynn for barging through the blockers to get a ball in the six yard box. Chances are a challenge on the defender by marking him wouldn’t have led to the goal and given us the draw we deserved.
This season has gone and recruitment for next season is critical with the prices going up. I will renew for the 45th consecutive season but I know a lot of casual fans who are picking and choosing games and another lot of season ticket holders who won’t renew if we don’t get it right.
It’s the managers job to choose the players not a bloody data analyst - I would still say the same if we were not in the position we are now. Crap division with crap grounds and teams - we need to get out of it
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 19:00:20 »

We need to develop players yes, the way we’ve done it this season however isn’t the way to do it and has for large parts been a disaster. The best way of developing players is to have them learn playing alongside more experienced players and then kick on, other than Austin we don’t have anyone that the younger players will learn anything from on the pitch. The core of the team needs to be street wise and regular 6 or 7 out of 10 performers as inexperienced players will invariably blow hot and cold.

Experienced heads would have pulled rank at the end today and told our backline there is one minute left and not do anything stupid, and for set pieces would help organise things. It’s not a coincidence the last 3 goals we’ve conceded have been set pieces with 2 of them free headers, our organisation at them is poor.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 19:09:12 »

6 or 7 outstanding prospects? Would love to know who they are?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 19:21:15 »

6 or 7 outstanding prospects? Would love to know who they are?

Not including Brynn who isn't contracted to us, I think it's fair to say that Clayton, McEachran, Lavinier and Wakeling are terrific prospects, and if you were being generous you could include Cain (on reputation rather than performances for us), maybe RHM although he's pushing it age wise. I don't think there's a lack of potential in our squad at all, it's just unbalanced.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 19:49:46 »

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 19:57:19 »

New poster so don’t shoot me !!!
Work rate and effort today 100% can’t be faulted.
Lack of experience obvious but out of the experienced players - Charlie shouldn’t be captain, shouldn’t be dropping back and doing donkey work - his role is to put the ball in the net with the others supplying the service to him.
Johnny Williams sorry needs to man up - his reputation for spending every other second on his ass is costing us big time and he is failing to help the youngsters. Knuckle down and stop being a billy big bollocks.
We were out on our feet in injury time- lack of fitness caused by the appointment of the glorified PE teacher at the start of season as manager/head coach. However, that plus players having to play out of position doesn’t excuse the basics I learnt at under 9s level (45 years ago) that you mark at corners.
It was obvious where it was going, Brynn should have taken everyone out to claim the ball but stood there and the guy at the back post had the freedom of Wiltshire to head it in. As poor and inconsistent as the referee was (still concussed from the Grimsby game ?) he wouldn’t have punished Brynn for barging through the blockers to get a ball in the six yard box. Chances are a challenge on the defender by marking him wouldn’t have led to the goal and given us the draw we deserved.
This season has gone and recruitment for next season is critical with the prices going up. I will renew for the 45th consecutive season but I know a lot of casual fans who are picking and choosing games and another lot of season ticket holders who won’t renew if we don’t get it right.
It’s the managers job to choose the players not a bloody data analyst - I would still say the same if we were not in the position we are now. Crap division with crap grounds and teams - we need to get out of it

Cracking first post that.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 20:33:47 »

A properly winding gut punch today. Brynn just had to put his foot through it...

That said, the improvement in a few short weeks has been massive. Organisation, commitment, desire etc all on show today. Morris will take us up, either by fluke this year (never stop dreaming!) or we'll steamroller the league next season.

The bones are there if we can just add a bit of grit and experience. A horrible, elbows in your ribs, 6ft 2inch target man would have made a massive difference this season just so that you can go long as a plan B or late in a game and have a chance of holding it up. Austin is a penalty box poacher, a brilliant one, but not more than that and on days like today where it is a midfield battle he is never going to add much, nor when we pump it long. I can't understand why we didn't do more low whipped crosses when they clearly had such a height advantage...

Anyway, really positive signs. I was gutted for the team. And if McEachran and Brewitt are indicators of the Morris/Brand rolodex than we have plenty to look forward to. I thought the latter was really good on debut today.

Definitely no Sandro in the directors box for what it is worth!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 20:47:13 »

I do like the cut of Morris' jib post match, analyses the game better than anyone since Wellens has. I'm optimistic about our chances of getting promoted under him, but I do think it'll be next season rather than this.

Agree. Its a gut punch losing that in the final seconds, but he gives me confidence for the future. So does parts of our play today.

Frustrating.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 20:47:36 »

We concede goals from corners but never score them.  Been the case for years.
Until we realise that a team full of midgets wont win league 2 we will stay there forever
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 20:57:54 »

Excellent post and glad that someone else gets it that the overall height of the team is too small making us vulnerable at that the back and no threat up front from corners and set pieces

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: