Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leyton Orient v Swindon Town Buildup & Matchday  (Read 23839 times)
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Sunday, March 5, 2023, 19:52:50 »

Enjoyable day out that was. Shite goal to concede, Kadji sleeping. But showed good fight to come back, great celebrations for the goal and a great atmosphere on the whole. Also great to have 2 (3 with Austin at a push) local lads on the pitch. Pleased for Minturn.

Fully condone the Sandro out chants, complimented perfectly with pro-Morris and supporting the team songs.

We're told the budget has gone up, and we're no longer in embargo- so why do we have a considerably weaker team than last year? Dont know how it ended with Chorley- but good god what i'd give to have him back. Having Morris in charge with Sandro sourcing the players is like giving Lewis Hamilton a clapped out Corsa and telling him to go win the race.

Hes a nobody in football, Wigan fans have barely heard of him and he's stunk the place out across 2 windows and 2 managerial appointments- get him gone.
Whingy the poo

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 00:52:58 »

Great day out, I said I would have taken a point before the game, considering the depleted defence and against the league leaders. Its a great result.  Too Cool

Fanatic support.  Clap
The lone Orient fan giving it large towards town fans was certainly put in his place " Your just a shit Phil Mitchell, shit Phil Mitchell" brilliant, love it. 
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 08:45:29 »

Looking at the next four fixtures they’re all winnable. Two home, Carlisle and Stockpot who happen to be above us and two away, Warsaw and Rochdale. 12 Points out of 12 would be a stunning coup and propel right back into the mix for autos.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 08:54:23 »

I endorse your positivity
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 09:15:02 »

Not read back yet so apologies if there are any points repeated Smiley

It was a really enjoyable weekend away in London. The game was preceded by a couple of pints in the Birkbeck tavern where I had the pleasure of meeting 3 of the Loathed Strangers crew, and actually went to the match with the host of the show, which was tremendous as we appear to have a similar outlook to the game. When the line-up was announced I, like I suspect many was fearing the worst. A barely match fit left back playing Centre Back with an almost untried kid and an even worse match fit left back starting. Our bench actually looked pretty good, but clearly the lack of defensive players stood out like a sore thumb!

First half I thought we played quite well. Slack marking from the corner for Beckles to power home but the delivery, as for most of Orient's corners was sharp and accurate. Devine seemed to be getting some joy down the left, close to earning us a penalty when brought down just outside the box. Willo wasting the free kick with an abysmal attempt which was neither a cross or a shot. At half time I thought Orient had a few gears to go through whereas we were playing possibly at our limit. Archibald was dangerous and it was a relief when he went off injured. I did have a wry smile to myself when Orient were making their changes, it showed how good a squad they had that they could afford to have players like Smyth and Moncur on the bench.

Devine's injury was cruel as he looked bright. But Wakeling coming on also seemed to spur us on. The excellent and willing RHM played a cracking ball through and a lovely finish by Wakeling, which from our end seemed to take an age to cross the line. (even though on replay it was clear this wasn't the case) Delirium amongst the town fans! After that you have to say Orient didn't really do enough to win the game, Sol Brynn in fact barely had a save of note (one good one from an offside) and his handling was imperious. One scary moment when a shot went inches wide but there was never the peril that I was fearing at half time. In fact I'd go as far as saying we looked more likely on the break? Maybe my red tinted specs were donned by that stage!!

Overall a cracking point everything considered. I'll put my player thoughts in the Man of the Match thread but I think that patched up team gave everything. It wasn't pretty at times, but there are signs that Jody Morris is turning us into a hard working side that has a good mix of short and 'direct' football. It seems that Mceachran is knitting everything together, what a signing he has been so far!! Final point I guess you couldn't ignore the Sandro chants. Rob Angus was a few rows in front of me and his reaction was interesting. He definitely looked uncomfortable and raised his eyebrows, but it was difficult to tell if it was a 'Really?' type reaction or a 'yeah I get where you are coming from' reaction. Either way, he heard it that's for sure. I personally thought it was nice for Wellens to get a chant, sadly we missed out on the chance to celebrate a league win due to Covid, he's almost certainly going to get that at Brisbane Road. For us, I think play-offs is going to be a big ask, i'm split as to whether I think it's achievable or not. 1 thing is for sure, based on Saturday we're going to give it a bloody good go.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 09:41:15 »

Final point I guess you couldn't ignore the Sandro chants. Rob Angus was a few rows in front of me and his reaction was interesting. He definitely looked uncomfortable and raised his eyebrows, but it was difficult to tell if it was a 'Really?' type reaction or a 'yeah I get where you are coming from' reaction. Either way, he heard it that's for sure.

How do you know what his eyebrows were doing if he was sat a few rows in front of you, doe he have a neck like an Owl?  Wink Cheesy
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 10:01:52 »

How do you know what his eyebrows were doing if he was sat a few rows in front of you, doe he have a neck like an Owl?  Wink Cheesy

Well, he was a few rows in front and to the right, the eyebrow motion was accompanied by a small look behind him! Smiley He does often look like a startled owl to be fair in pictures!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 11:24:15 »

Couple of pretty rotten set pieces from McEachran so far, who has been really good at them up until now so hopefully not a sign of things to come.

Orient look ominously good, really quite a lot better than most of the teams we've played before now. It's going to be a long, hard afternoon here.

Oh that reminds me. We did look to be quite creative with our set pieces on Saturday. Almost all of them weren't very well executed, but it did appear that we had done a fair bit of work on the training pitch to try and do something different from set plays. The corner where it was flicked on by Willo at the near post was probably the best executed one, but I think you can definitely see that we are trying to take away our one-dimensionalness from corners and free kicks.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 11:25:28 »

I’m happy to quoted as wrong after the match is over but I’m expecting nothing less than a thrashing this afternoon.

As requested Smiley

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 11:52:59 »

Unexpected and welcome result!

Clems Army!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 11:54:41 »

Oh that reminds me. We did look to be quite creative with our set pieces on Saturday. Almost all of them weren't very well executed, but it did appear that we had done a fair bit of work on the training pitch to try and do something different from set plays. The corner where it was flicked on by Willo at the near post was probably the best executed one, but I think you can definitely see that we are trying to take away our one-dimensionalness from corners and free kicks.
Welcome bit more pragmatism from Morris
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 12:01:18 »

Welcome bit more pragmatism from Morris

Definitely. It's such a shame we didn't get January right and we've been crippled with injury as it does look like the work he is doing on the training ground is coming into its own. Carlisle at home Saturday will be a good litmus test as they are flying.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 12:15:47 »

Flying results wise, but performances have apparently been average.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 12:23:48 »

Flying results wise, but performances have apparently been average.
Better than the other way around. I haven't seen us under Morris but getting results out of the sides he's having to cobble together is impressive in and of itself.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 12:53:14 »

Looking at the next four fixtures they’re all winnable. Two home, Carlisle and Stockpot who happen to be above us and two away, Warsaw and Rochdale. 12 Points out of 12 would be a stunning coup and propel right back into the mix for autos.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: