Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leyton Orient v Swindon Town Buildup & Matchday  (Read 23853 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 20:09:41 »

At least Wellens was remembered for his time here.

From the Orient forum

My take on the game for what it’s worth I thought first half every time we went forward it looked like we would score they were all over the place but I thought we overplayed it too often they were dangerous on the break but mostly when we made mistakes and allowed them in Sadlier Theo and Idris were all very good first half and we should have been out of sight.Once they scored they had something to hang on to and that’s what they did.Their support was excellent and they gave RW a standing ovation at the end a draw still keeps us well clear at the top and Carlisle have a terrible few games coming up and will drop points

Wellens post match
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 20:12:21 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
DMC

« Reply #346 on: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 20:22:12 »

Williams and Austin both off the pace a bit today.
Ans Hutton and Tomlinson. So frustrating at times how often this happens, our more experienced players don;t turn up. What a performance from the young lads today though
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 20:37:22 »

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12825865/leyton-orient-1-1-swindon-league-two-highlights

So, give no fucks
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 20:39:24 »

Agree 100% about away side facilities having the catering and toilets opposite each other so that the two queues merge into a scrum doesn’t work when a big away following turns up. At HT some folks I spoke to said they had to stand in the gangways first half because they couldn’t get to empty seats.
A well earned point on the pitch - I feared the worst when we conceded from an early set piece.
Orient are a decent team with players who are comfortable on the ball. Like most top of the table teams they also deploy the darker arts cleverly when required.
Overall we restricted their chances despite  the youthful defence.
We hung in the game, then  Wakeling took his chance well and I thought we would snatch it at the end.
The low point of the day for me was several minutes of idiots chanting “Sandro out” - rather than getting behind the team. It’s not helpful for the players.
I agree and would say the same about the 'your support is fucking shit' chants.

Firstly, don't worry about the opposition, focus on your own team. Secondly, it's not true. Their support wasn't shit.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 20:46:21 »

Cracking day out, one of my favourite venues for away days. Amazing vocal support overall.  Nice chat in the pub with some Orient fans after. Really good away backing. I don’t agree with Sandro out chants. That chant effectively is saying to the players on the pitch that we aren’t happy with their quality. It can’t help the team. Particularly ironic when it was belted out just after a Sandro signing (Wakeling) scored an excellent equaliser.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 20:51:15 »

I agree and would say the same about the 'your support is fucking shit' chants.

Firstly, don't worry about the opposition, focus on your own team. Secondly, it's not true. Their support wasn't shit.

Our support suffers from idiots who repeat chants that were funny or good previously when they were relevant, but use them when it isn't appropriate and to be honest, its fucking cringe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 21:13:13 »

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 21:14:20 »

At least Wellens was remembered for his time here.

From the Orient forum

My take on the game for what it’s worth I thought first half every time we went forward it looked like we would score they were all over the place but I thought we overplayed it too often they were dangerous on the break but mostly when we made mistakes and allowed them in Sadlier Theo and Idris were all very good first half and we should have been out of sight.Once they scored they had something to hang on to and that’s what they did.Their support was excellent and they gave RW a standing ovation at the end a draw still keeps us well clear at the top and Carlisle have a terrible few games coming up and will drop points

Wellens post match

Love Wellens me and he still has a real soft spot for us.
Spoke to his Dad before the game, also very complimentary about Swindon.
Still disappointed he couldn’t celebrate the success with the fans.
Got a cracking ovation at the end of the game.
Also met up with Mark Devlin, still a top bloke.

Our Support magnificent.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 21:15:50 »

Hope Morris sticks it out with us.
Equally gets to select the players he wants.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 21:25:02 »

Away support sounded great on the radio but It will take a monumental effort and alot of luck to make the play offs with so many teams above us in form.

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 21:31:03 »

Quote from: DMC
And Hutton and Tomlinson. So frustrating at times how often this happens, our more experienced players don;t turn up. What a performance from the young lads today though

Hutton has gone off the boil since the window.

Tomlinson is 22 and has not many league games under his belt. Thought he did well today out of position.
---
Austin just isn't getting the service he needs. Just like Jephcott wasn't. Difficult up top on your own m

RHM did well. As did devine

of the even younger youngsters Minturn did well for his first game. kadji was ok but at fault for the goal.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 21:31:18 »

Good result all things considered, Morris starting to show if he’s backed we’ll have a decent chance of doing something.

On the flip side just more frustration, Orient are decent but nothing special. Just shows if we didn’t make such a monumental cock up of recruitment and managerial appointments we could have been right up there. Let’s hope Ralph is fucked off and Morris is allowed to stamp his mark on the squad.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 21:55:07 »

Hutton has gone off the boil since the window.

Hutton's a strange one. Not many better with the ball at his feet but his spatial awareness seems shot to bits. Looks like he's miles away at times

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 22:03:57 »

Away support sounded great on the radio but It will take a monumental effort and alot of luck to make the play offs with so many teams above us in form.
The away support was absolutely phenomenal, especially considering that it's been a pretty mediocre season to say the least with what looks like just an outside chance of getting in the play offs. It was great for Clem to see that, so he can see he's not wasting his time and money and will be able to imagine what it would be like if we were to actually mount a challenge. Equally, the numbers we've been getting for home games have been unbelievable...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 22:06:20 »

The away support was absolutely phenomenal, especially considering that it's been a pretty mediocre season to say the least with what looks like just an outside chance of getting in the play offs. It was great for Clem to see that, so he can see he's not wasting his time and money and will be able to imagine what it would be like if we were to actually mount a challenge. Equally, the numbers we've been getting for home games have been unbelievable...

Good post Shaun let's hope Clem has the same vision as the supporters and backs Morris in the summer.

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: