Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sutton v Swindon matchday thread  (Read 20840 times)
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 13:42:18 »

Rumour doing the rounds that Brand is coming on a 9 month secondment, whether thats true or not i dont know. Certainly a strange way of doing things if that is true.

I have been saying that the Brand deal is very odd.

I kinda get it, in that if it doesn't work here, he can go back to Chelsea. But for it to be set as 9 months is very odd and doesn't do much to make you think Morris/Brand are long term committed.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 13:42:53 »

Me either - but we need to sell to survive. To me this doesn't mean nobody over 24. Maybe a bias that way.

A major tweak is needed.

Completely agree. I cannot be bothered to watch sideways slow academy football. The most excited I’ve been this season is under Gunning where it was risky but entertaining. I get development for the club to become sustainable, but ultimately the biggest money makers in L2 are strikers and you only score lots of goals if you play attacking expansive football.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 13:44:14 »

I mean, he's going to dispell it, right? Rght?

Its fair to ask the club WTF if this happens I think.

That would be one of the weirdest things I've ever heard.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 13:45:18 »

Would make sense why EFL approval would potentially be needed- as not a straight transfer. Potential conflict of interest etc.

Another week, another tinpot development. how low will we go  Sad
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 13:49:58 »

Completely agree. I cannot be bothered to watch sideways slow academy football. The most excited I’ve been this season is under Gunning where it was risky but entertaining. I get development for the club to become sustainable, but ultimately the biggest money makers in L2 are strikers and you only score lots of goals if you play attacking expansive football.

A point I've made a few times though, is even if development to sell is the aim then Championship and Prem clubs want winners, not players that complete a lot of passed in tippy tappy sideways football. Its shite logic.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 13:50:45 »

Me either - but we need to sell to survive. To me this doesn't mean nobody over 24. Maybe a bias that way.

A major tweak is needed.

Are other league 2 clubs recruiting/selling like us?
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 13:53:27 »

In theory I can see how that benefits both parties. We get Brand for X amount of time and Chelsea get him back with 1st team football league experience. No different to a loan for a player.

The reality though is if he would have the same drive to succeed knowing he has Chelsea to fall back on. Also it hardly gives us the right foundations to build on for the long term.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 13:57:20 »

I'm not repeating this rumour to anyone, simply because in my opinion its fucking ludicrous and I do not want to believe that there is any truth to it.

You don't loan Assistant Managers.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 14:25:40 »

I have no inside information at all.
However, I was thinking that most (maybe all) managerial appointments at our level end in either the sack or them being poached by a bigger (or better paying) club.
On that basis, I wondered whether the issue was the haggling over the equivalent of a “sell on clause” for players - ie if Morris / Brand are poached by (say) a championship club, Chelsea get a share in compo for Brand - as oppposed to us paying a fee now.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 14:40:06 »

My first thought, and worry, was it would be a good way for Chelsea to get 4/5 academy players out on loan, to a club who has a coach that they employ.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #490 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 14:40:52 »

My first thought, and worry, was it would be a good way for Chelsea to get 4/5 academy players out on loan, to a club who was a coach that they employ.
Isn't the limit only 2 loan players from a single club in a season now?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 14:46:28 »

I may be alone but I couldn't care if Brand comes here or not. Can't seem to get worked up about a No.2

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 14:50:29 »

I may be alone but I couldn't care if Brand comes here or not. Can't seem to get worked up about a No.2

You're not alone  Smiley
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 14:52:01 »

Isn't the limit only 2 loan players from a single club in a season now?

No idea to be honest mate.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #494 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 15:00:07 »

No idea to be honest mate.
I think the rules were changed a few years ago after Watford loaned 8 players from a single Italian club, I am pretty sure its a limit of just 2 loans at any club from a single parent club now. It used to be 4 for domestic loans but that changed around Covid time IIRC.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: