Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: If Swindon were demoted for Financial issues what the f#ck will..  (Read 3152 times)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2023, 11:34:13 »

If you honestly think this is going to be resolved by the end of the season good luck to you, I would be flabbergasted if this matter comes to a head within the next 2-3 seasons, considering how long its taken them to get this far and even then you have the independent investigation to be held and concluded, the inevitable appeal, then the appeal to CAS etc etc! Then you get into possible taking away of ntitles or heavy use of the *
It's an embarrassment when a so-called governing body is faced with taking on wealthier, more powerful opponents that it cannot match in Court.

Football, Planning....you name it.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2023, 11:36:19 »

If you honestly think this is going to be resolved by the end of the season good luck to you, I would be flabbergasted if this matter comes to a head within the next 2-3 seasons, considering how long its taken them to get this far and even then you have the independent investigation to be held and concluded, the inevitable appeal, then the appeal to CAS etc etc! Then you get into possible taking away of ntitles or heavy use of the *

I thought this, but the Premier League rules specifically say there is no right of appeal to CAS. Which suggests it could move faster than expected.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2023, 15:21:17 »

A slap on the wrist and suspended for a couple of years. Kick them out and replace with Bury😀

So, give no fucks
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2023, 16:36:30 »

I thought this, but the Premier League rules specifically say there is no right of appeal to CAS. Which suggests it could move faster than expected.

There is your first 6-12 months, appealing that the PL rule is unlawful.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2023, 17:12:48 »

I see several PL teams have called for Citeh to be relegated if found guilty, I wonder if that includes Spurs & Bournemouth?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2023, 17:15:54 »

Apparently, the PL rules prevent them from relegating a club - they can only expel them. And the EFL are not obliged to accept them.

Big repercussions throughout the pyramid.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2023, 18:45:08 »

Fuck all will happen. They will get a fine and thats it
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2023, 18:48:10 »

Agreed, find it hilarious that some people are actually thinking that they will have some league titles stripped from them as well

The PL would never ever do that or anything other than a fine, short transfer ban, etc
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2023, 18:48:52 »

Apparently, the PL rules prevent them from relegating a club - they can only expel them. And the EFL are not obliged to accept them.

Big repercussions throughout the pyramid.
Quite clever from the PL, meaning only option is a fine which the clubs can afford. As I said earlier I cannot imagine for 1 minute that City are the only one doing it, but they ain't going to shoot the golden goose by expelling any big wealthy club.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2023, 18:56:23 »

The PL aren’t going to damage their own brand by punishing them so severely it could result in the likes of Pep, Haaland, Foden going aboard

This will mostly be forgotten in a few weeks and the PL can go back to marketing the names above
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2023, 19:36:16 »

A fine.   

Can't see any other outcome
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2023, 19:40:06 »

Quite clever from the PL, meaning only option is a fine which the clubs can afford. As I said earlier I cannot imagine for 1 minute that City are the only one doing it, but they ain't going to shoot the golden goose by expelling any big wealthy club.
Not so. They could impose a large points deduction which would not be enough to relegate them but sufficient to render a season meaningless and unable to qualify for European competition. Chuck in a transfer ban for a few windows and that’d do it.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2023, 20:17:35 »

If Swindon were demoted for Financial issues what the f#ck will with happen to Manchester City
Answers on a postcard addressed to the FA !!!

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. What an utterly Pointless thread !!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2023, 20:49:00 »

If Swindon were demoted for Financial issues what the f#ck will with happen to Manchester City
Answers on a postcard addressed to the FA !!!
It's a different world from 1990. Our demotion happened bang in the middle of Italia 90 and was headlines for a few days but then the World Cup distracted everyone.

No social media, no fans phone ins or 24 hours sports coverage. We were limited to marches, petitions or bombarding the FL with letters asking for Wembley ticket money back.

IIRC we stopped our legal challenge as delaying the fixtures being published meant no football pools (remember them folks) and we could we liable for the lost revenue.

The next season 90/91 we played away Newcastle on Boxing Day so clearly had Sunderland's fixtures!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: