Poll
Question: Who gets your vote?  (Voting closed: Tuesday, February 7, 2023, 14:19:46)
Sol Brynn - 0 (0%)
Ellis Iandolo - 4 (7.4%)
Frazer Blake-Tracy - 41 (75.9%)
Ciaran Brennan - 1 (1.9%)
Remeao Hutton - 1 (1.9%)
Jake Cain - 0 (0%)
Dylan Kadji (sub 68) - 0 (0%)
Jonny Williams (sub 59) - 0 (0%)
Rushian Hepburn-Murphy (red card 15) - 4 (7.4%)
Charlie Austin (sub 88) - 0 (0%)
Jacob Wakeling (sub 59) - 0 (0%)
Tom Clayton (on 59) - 0 (0%)
Ronan Darcy (on 59) - 0 (0%)
Luke Jephcott (on 68) - 0 (0%)
Tomi Adeloye (on 88) - 3 (5.6%)
Total Voters: 54

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Newport v Swindon MoM Thread  (Read 3664 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, February 4, 2023, 19:11:55 »

Only one today easy.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, February 6, 2023, 08:19:40 »

FBT was the clear man of the match, happy to see after I voted that I made the 'correct' choice.

Tough to judge the team on Saturday's game having to play nearly all the game with 10 men, and it might just be me but I thought Ellis seemed to have a bit more about him, going forward anyway. Perhaps it was because he has a lot to prove to the new managerial team.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #17 on: Monday, February 6, 2023, 08:35:49 »

I'm not Iandolo's greatest fan but I thought he played well too. Linked up with Williams very well in the first 15 mins
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, February 6, 2023, 09:27:27 »

I'm not Iandolo's greatest fan but I thought he played well too. Linked up with Williams very well in the first 15 mins

Maybe it was the first 15 minutes and his partial assist that blinkered my view of his performance. I felt we had control of the game up until the red card and I thought our left side looked better than it had in recent times. Maybe this is because Hutton down the right gets a lot of focus from our opponents and Morris tweaked things tactically for that very reason.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, February 6, 2023, 09:42:15 »

Been quite critical of Iandolo this season but still maintain missing pre season and then Lindsey almost immediately putting him back in XI playing 90 mins did him no favours.

Ability aside, he’s always at least got himself around.
Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s only now he’s back at match fitness.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, February 6, 2023, 10:33:47 »

I watched the whole game video, and for me the most disappointing aspect was our high proportion of either misplaced passes, or speculative  long high balls which we rarely won. What happened to our slick penetrative passing movements? Despite having ten men, we could have done much better.

ust be the oldest
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, February 6, 2023, 10:43:35 »

I watched the whole game video, and for me the most disappointing aspect was our high proportion of either misplaced passes, or speculative  long high balls which we rarely won. What happened to our slick penetrative passing movements? Despite having ten men, we could have done much better.

I don't think we coped particularly well with Newport's press. They did force us into a lot of misplaced passes, I agree with that. It's going to take some time for JM's ideas to be implemented, hopefully a game against an out of form Doncaster side at home on Saturday can get confidence levels up and 3 much needed points on the board.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, February 6, 2023, 10:43:43 »

Been quite critical of Iandolo this season but still maintain missing pre season and then Lindsey almost immediately putting him back in XI playing 90 mins did him no favours.

Ability aside, he’s always at least got himself around.
Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s only now he’s back at match fitness.
My main problem with Iandolo is he’s 26 this year and should be one of the experienced players and leaders in the squad but he just isn’t. He’s never kicked on and still plays like a naive youngster with no appreciation for what is going on around him at times, I swear some people don’t even realise his age and still think of him as a young kid. There’s no excuse for someone of his age still needing to be talked through games by other players. He’ll never be anything more than a bottom half L2 player at best.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, February 6, 2023, 10:56:12 »

Agreed.

how many high balls to Johnny Williams?

Clems Army!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #24 on: Monday, February 6, 2023, 10:58:05 »

My main problem with Iandolo is he’s 26 this year and should be one of the experienced players and leaders in the squad but he just isn’t. He’s never kicked on and still plays like a naive youngster with no appreciation for what is going on around him at times, I swear some people don’t even realise his age and still think of him as a young kid. There’s no excuse for someone of his age still needing to be talked through games by other players. He’ll never be anything more than a bottom half L2 player at best.
I agree.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, February 6, 2023, 11:13:03 »

he's (edit) coming up to 26, but he's only had one season where he's been fit for the duration.

he should be getting near peak, but that hasn't helped.
« Last Edit: Monday, February 6, 2023, 13:36:49 by Batch » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, February 6, 2023, 11:50:29 »

He’s 25.

Injuries and his jack of all trades label haven’t done him any favours at all.

He’s been poor so far this season but in fairness - it’s not his usual level of performance. He is capable of better. Not a world beater or a top end player or anything the other end of the scale but I’d say he’s definitely capable of playing better than he has.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, February 6, 2023, 12:40:55 »

he's 26, but he's only had one season where he's been fit for the duration.

he should be getting near peak, but that hasn't helped.
But he’s been training full time since 2015 for us and has played 168 games so not sure that’s an excuse for a seeming lack of a football brain. It’s an excuse for his poor mobility and tiring during games but he still should be one of the wise heads in the team rather than looking like a naïve youngster 90% of the time who lacks positional awareness and appreciation for what is going on around him.

I judge him as a senior pro now and he just doesn’t cut it for me. Once the likes of Tomlinson are available it would be inexplicable for him to still be starting.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, February 6, 2023, 13:35:40 »

I'm just saying match scenario development needs matches!

I'm not going to labour the point, but  I thought it would have been better for all parties has he moved to Crawley.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, February 6, 2023, 18:00:00 »

FBT was the clear man of the match, happy to see after I voted that I made the 'correct' choice.

Good job you didn't vote for Hutton  Cheesy

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: