Poll
Question: Who gets your vote?  (Voting closed: Tuesday, January 31, 2023, 16:30:44)
Sol Brynn - 0 (0%)
Marcel Lavinier - 4 (6.8%)
Ellis Iandolo (sub 45) - 0 (0%)
Frazer Blake-Tracy - 24 (40.7%)
Ciaran Brennan (sub 74) - 0 (0%)
Remeao Hutton - 3 (5.1%)
Saidou Khan (sent off 81) - 2 (3.4%)
Jonny Williams (sub 45) - 0 (0%)
Jacob Wakeling (sub 72) - 0 (0%)
Charlie Charlie Austin - 19 (32.2%)
Luke Jephcott  (sub 45) - 0 (0%)
Tyrese Shade (on 45) - 0 (0%)
Jake Cain (on 45) - 3 (5.1%)
Rushian Hepburn-Murphy (on 45) - 1 (1.7%)
Ronan Darcy (on 72) - 0 (0%)
Harrison Minturn (on 74) - 3 (5.1%)
Total Voters: 59

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Gillingham MoM Thread  (Read 3692 times)
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 09:12:00 »

It has to be both.  The players have to take some responsibility for that shower of shite.   I find it hard to believe that a more experienced centre half pairing gets done so easily so often.

Second half was better defensively but we had far more of the ball and they had dropped fairly deep so it was easier to defend against.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 09:14:26 »

But two centre backs alone (FBT and Brennan) can't cover an entire team if, as happened, Iandolo looked like he wasn't really sure where he was meant to be playing, our wing backs were playing incredibly high up as usual and the midfield were offering less cover than a sheer dress at the Oscars. Defending is a team game!
DMC

« Reply #32 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 09:16:15 »

Probably best to just ignore yesterday. Had a interim manager trying a few things out and it hasn't worked. We had a player sent off and were 3-1 down. St in the playoffs so a point was ok.

I think one thing we do know is that a 4 2 3 1 is the best way
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 09:40:28 »

But two centre backs alone (FBT and Brennan) can't cover an entire team if, as happened, Iandolo looked like he wasn't really sure where he was meant to be playing, our wing backs were playing incredibly high up as usual and the midfield were offering less cover than a sheer dress at the Oscars. Defending is a team game!
Agree that it was a masterclass of ineptitude, but there was no one organising on the pitch, even to get into position for the basics like the kick off, set pieces etc.
I just find it hard to justify giving the MOM to a defender when you've conceded 3 goals in 10 minutes.  Especially to a team that took 3 months to score that many earlier in the season.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 09:42:58 »

Probably best to just ignore yesterday. Had a interim manager trying a few things out and it hasn't worked. We had a player sent off and were 3-1 down. St in the playoffs so a point was ok.

I think one thing we do know is that a 4 2 3 1 is the best way

Plus with their new signings I think Gillingham have a decent team tbh.
Sure, we didn’t help ourselves but they’ll pick up a decent amount of points between now and the end of the season.
DMC

« Reply #35 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 09:45:45 »

Yeah i was impressed with them to be honest
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 09:52:20 »

They aren't massively leaky either for their position. They let 3 more in than us.

my goodness the league is tight for the playoff places.

15th are 5 points behind (with a game in hand like many).
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 15:41:22 »

Last game of the season again!

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, January 30, 2023, 11:58:12 »

I voted for FBT but understand the comments about the terrible defence - which obviously he is part of. The reason I voted for him is just I find his performances consistent and he always seems to be driving us on. Second half he was excellent. Kudos to Charlie for another 2 goals and also part of the conversation helping us get back into the game. 

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: