Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 ... 106   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Proper Manager Thread - Sponsored by Audrey  (Read 152983 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1470 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2023, 20:07:47 »

You've all gone softer than Prince Andrew in bed with anyone over 18.

Why haven't any of you called HenryHallsHeid a cunt yet? It is the usual gesture after all.

Insightful but Triple H, welcome cunt Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #1471 on: Sunday, February 12, 2023, 08:29:09 »

Smells of running the transfer window down and the coach having no input into players for the rest of the season.

Not such a bat shit crazy conspiracy on reflection.
Austin and Morris are just papering over the cracks. Sandro can't be given another window
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1472 on: Sunday, February 12, 2023, 12:03:04 »

I'm still unsure about some things.

1. Sandro is implementing someone else's vision. You can argue he's not the right man to do that, but by replacing him you aren't suddenly going to get a change of approach.

You may get it done 'better' I suppose

2. Transfer deadline day was poor. But we have zero facts on why players were moved on and (arguably) why suitable replacements weren't brought in. we certainly didn't strengthen.

you have to assume it's mostly financial.

what were the conditions that lead to it? did we stock pile too many punts early on leaving us no wiggle room?

did something change, if so what? not like crowds have been poor.

3. we do have a chief scout still. it's not all spreadsheets

I've said before I've no interest in going to watch a mid table incubator. it's a little early to call it a failed approach though.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1473 on: Sunday, February 12, 2023, 12:43:45 »

I’d assumed that both Reed & Gladwin were sold because we got money for them now, and both would have left in the summer for nothing, therefore a business decision probably not made by Sandro.
He’s then been charged with finding replacements, and under the model the club want to follow they need to be young with potential for future sale.

Presumably the difference for Williams is that they are hoping to keep him next season.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1474 on: Sunday, February 12, 2023, 12:51:07 »

I'm still unsure about some things.

1. Sandro is implementing someone else's vision. You can argue he's not the right man to do that, but by replacing him you aren't suddenly going to get a change of approach.

Depends whose ‘vision’ Sandro is implementing…
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #1475 on: Sunday, February 12, 2023, 13:06:08 »

I’d assumed that both Reed & Gladwin were sold because we got money for them now, and both would have left in the summer for nothing, therefore a business decision probably not made by Sandro.
He’s then been charged with finding replacements, and under the model the club want to follow they need to be young with potential for future sale.

Presumably the difference for Williams is that they are hoping to keep him next season.
I'd have thought Sandro would be making the decision to sell with no manager in place, although none of us actually know.

The model is flawed in that it needs to be more pragmatic and focus on a few gems rather than the scattergun approach we've had this season.

Players are worth far more being sold from league 1 compared with league 2 and from successful teams rather than also rans - to chase £50k at the expense of points just doesn't seem logical.

Have a core of experienced pros in each position that will form the basis of a promotion team add in some young gems with a view to sell them for decent money and top up with some loans.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1476 on: Sunday, February 12, 2023, 17:01:25 »

At last!

‘ Swindon Town have resolved the issues surrounding the appointment of Ed Brand from Chelsea as Jody Morris’ Assistant Coach sources have informed The Real EFL.’
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #1477 on: Sunday, February 12, 2023, 17:17:28 »

At last!

‘ Swindon Town have resolved the issues surrounding the appointment of Ed Brand from Chelsea as Jody Morris’ Assistant Coach sources have informed The Real EFL.’
Hooray !!!!,  Now let’s get it sorted on the pitch.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1478 on: Sunday, February 12, 2023, 17:48:37 »

Quote from: The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey
At last!

good news.

club will confirm it by next Friday then
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1479 on: Sunday, February 12, 2023, 18:04:00 »

It will be interesting to see what they can do with the current depleted squad or whether it will be next season after another rebuild.

So, give no fucks
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #1480 on: Sunday, February 12, 2023, 18:05:10 »

At last!

I'll be interested to see fan reaction when the club reveals the details of the deal, which is what has complicated this process.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1481 on: Sunday, February 12, 2023, 19:35:11 »

At last!

That explains the comment from AG yesterday, on reflection I don’t think it was AH.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1482 on: Sunday, February 12, 2023, 19:55:17 »

Quote from: Riddick
I'll be interested to see fan reaction when the club reveals the details of the deal, which is what has complicated this process.

is that a hint to something stupid or further changes to follow?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1483 on: Sunday, February 12, 2023, 21:45:38 »

Which are?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1484 on: Monday, February 13, 2023, 07:31:14 »

One thing is for certain. Morris and now Brand should be in no doubt as to the task facing them. Let’s hope that whatever they told the board to secure their positions they can deliver. It won’t be only the players under scrutiny from the new managers, SDM is going to have to step up to the plate to earn his corn with them in identifying and delivering the players we need but have so far only had glimpses of.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 ... 106   Go Up
Print
Jump to: