Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 106   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Proper Manager Thread - Sponsored by Audrey  (Read 153028 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #540 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 11:18:37 »

Blackpool have said they expect it to be days rather than weeks, by comparison.

Artell seems a no brainer and he seems keen. I get you want to explore all options but unless he really shit the bed in the interview, it seems an obvious choice.

Blackpool are appointing Mick Mcarthy until the end of the season so have clearly had this plan in mind for a while. I suspect we, on the other hand, had no such plan given the time taken.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 11:19:32 »

BetVictor

Cheers Quaggy😀

So, give no fucks
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 11:23:45 »

Just out of interest, for those who like to lurk on other teams fora, how are Pompey fans reacting at the moment as they have been in this position for as long as we are, are they similarly frustrated and pissed off.

FWIW I wonder whether its  the Pompey situation which is not helping with our appointment, we seem to be broadly fishing in the same pond with similar names being touted and I suspect some managers are not going to commit to a job until the Pompey opportunity is put to bed.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 11:26:28 »

Shouldnt take this long, almost certainly drags into next week now- a week with 3 games in it.

Somethings amiss- either nobody wants to work under the model or we're paying peanuts and cant get a serious candidate to take it on. On paper this job is very attractive, a shade over 2ppg for 20 games and you get a promotion on your CV.

Succession planning tab nowhere to be seen in the spreadsheet.

Indeed, I alluded to a couple of those points yesterday re the project or the salary. The 3 clubs that have recently sacked their managers are Blackpool, ourselves and Pompey.

Blackpool sacked Appleton and got an old, wily manager to get them out of trouble straight away.

Pompey sacked Cowley on 2nd January and still don't appear to be any closer to appointing their manager suggesting their succession plan is worse than ours.

We 'officially' lost SL 8 days ago but given what Ryan Whelan was leaking, there seemed to be a handful of viable candidates that we had interviewed. Obviously there could be a variety of reasons as to why we still haven't appointed one. We may have offered the job to one or more candidates and they have turned it down (don't like the project, not paid enough, can't bring in the staff they want etc) or we are giving Mildy/Gunning an extended trial with the view to go back down that route again.

I strongly suspect it won't be Bircham, but aside from that at this stage I'm totally in the dark as to who it might be. Alan McCormack at Luton Youth was another name I saw mentioned on twitter by someone.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #544 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 11:34:33 »

Artell now 2/5

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #545 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 11:36:20 »

I would take him right now!

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #546 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 11:37:17 »

I would take him right now!

Indeed and given the recent TEF vote many others would also. Either someone has put a shedload of money on him or he's been given the gig.

If they suspend the odds shortly we should hopefully have our man in the dugout for the Walsall game on Saturday.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #547 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 11:40:49 »

Indeed and given the recent TEF vote many others would also. Either someone has put a shedload of money on him or he's been given the gig.

If they suspend the odds shortly we should hopefully have our man in the dugout for the Walsall game on Saturday.

Spot on Bob, get it sorted now and get in charge for Wallsall

So, give no fucks
DMC

« Reply #548 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 11:57:08 »

Shouldnt take this long, almost certainly drags into next week now- a week with 3 games in it.

Somethings amiss- either nobody wants to work under the model or we're paying peanuts and cant get a serious candidate to take it on. On paper this job is very attractive, a shade over 2ppg for 20 games and you get a promotion on your CV.

Succession planning tab nowhere to be seen in the spreadsheet.
Doesn't this work both ways. We are an attractive option as you say and legally we have only had 8 days to talk to the managers who are interested and if we are as attractive as we think who is to say we have not had alot of applications?

If it drags after Saturday i would be worried but it's been 8 days
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 12:05:19 »

Legally?
DMC

« Reply #550 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 12:10:06 »

Legally?
Lindsey officially left last week didn't he
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #551 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 12:15:28 »

Artell would fit in with the clubs direction I would say. Proven track record of developing young talent, plays an attractive, attacking brand of Football......I would be very happy if he is proven to be the new boss. With the odds so short I do wonder if an announcement is imminent!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 12:16:06 »

What DMC means is Crawley made a legal approach for Lindsey

Illegal approach is tapping up the manager behind the clubs back first
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #553 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 12:19:13 »

So the club could have said no?
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 12:19:45 »

What DMC means is Crawley made a legal approach for Lindsey

Illegal approach is tapping up the manager behind the clubs back first

I also think what he means is that we were probably contractually not obliged/allowed to go through our managerial recruitment process until the SL to Crawley deal had been officially ratified. Hence why it 'seems' that it's taken ages for us to appoint a manager whereas 8 or 9 days is probably fairly reasonable.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 106   Go Up
Print
Jump to: