Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 106   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Proper Manager Thread - Sponsored by Audrey  (Read 153058 times)
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 09:43:50 »

Sorry if I’ve missed it but have we got any concrete proof that it was Sandro who appointed Lindsey?
Surely that comes under Clems remit (or at least a collect decision with input from a few people)

Might be being naive but can’t imagine Sandro was given carte blanche to hire the manager in the summer.

Like, I can see the logic behind Sandro recommending him for the job but actually hiring him (well promoting him I guess)

Clem very open in saying he has no idea about the football side of things, stays clear. (Austin the exception and we all know why). Rob Angus in to do the numbers, not a football man. Sandro runs the football operation, I know there’s one bloke behind the scenes who never gets mentioned on an official basis (Chris Kiely I think?) , but it’s safe to say Sandro had a big say. He made that pretty clear in the press releases once SL was appointed.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 09:50:05 »

It’s interesting how many people would be happy with Caddis as an assistant manager, which you can understand.

However, Can you imagine the interview with the new manager ending, oh by the way we’ve already appointed your assistant manager, and you’ve got to keep Gav & Mildy too.
DMC

« Reply #392 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 09:51:15 »

It’s interesting how many people would be happy with Caddis as an assistant manager, which you can understand.

However, Can you imagine the interview with the new manager ending, oh by the way we’ve already appointed your assistant manager, and you’ve got to keep Gav & Mildy too.
They will be fully aware of the set up to be fair
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 09:53:56 »

They will be fully aware of the set up to be fair

It’s more that an experienced manager is surely going to want to have his own coaching staff, just wondering if some would be put off if we told them they needed to have the ones already in place
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 09:59:52 »

We've got family in Toronto area. Wonder how we'll mess up the first round of the playoffs this year?

They always find a way...

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #395 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 10:00:26 »

It’s more that an experienced manager is surely going to want to have his own coaching staff, just wondering if some would be put off if we told them they needed to have the ones already in place
That is what was suggested put off Hughton.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 10:23:39 »

That is what was suggested put off Hughton.

I think its entirely acceptable for the new Head Coach to want his own assistant etc. As Lindsey appointed Day & Gunning i would expect that of any head coach.

What is less palatable is changing all football staff, so the analysts, fitness & conditioning staff, etc. I think that more likely to be the thing Hughton wanted.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 11:43:48 »

Sentiment is a nice bonus when they're already up there with the most qualified people for the job. When they're not, it has no place in choosing.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 12:25:42 »

I see Crawley’s goalkeeping coach has just left. Mildenhall?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 12:29:08 »

I see Crawley’s goalkeeping coach has just left. Mildenhall?

No chance.
CMT82

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 13:29:30 »

Lewis Ward player-coach perhaps? Who knows/cares... can't see Mildy leaving Swindon.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #401 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 13:35:43 »

Mildy won't leave Swindon by his own choice.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 14:04:06 »

Lewis Ward player-coach perhaps? Who knows/cares... can't see Mildy leaving Swindon.

You mean the Sutton United keeper Lewis Ward?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 14:28:15 »

From Ryan on twitter

‘ Announcement expected later tonight #stfc fans.’

Also mentioned we have enquired about Jutkiewitz who has left Brum. Can’t see him being needed, tbh.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #404 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 14:35:35 »

You mean the Sutton United keeper Lewis Ward?
Yes Sutton fans think hes shite Smiley cost them 2 goals on Saturday if you read their forum.

There seems to be a misconception that if a player has played in League 2 for another club they will be good enough to do so for us. We have found that to be untrue.

So you mean Lewis Ward. It would have saved a lot of time if you named them of course.

ward flapping at a cross that was easier to catch and a poor penalty.
Tope coming on really changed the attack and we looked a genuine threat.

Without wanting to be too critical, there is a huge difference between Rose and Ward, hopefully Jack will be fit for next week

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 106   Go Up
Print
Jump to: