Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 106   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Proper Manager Thread - Sponsored by Audrey  (Read 152912 times)
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 22:29:12 »

Can only think we are going to hear a different Sandro tomorrow or he will be talking about good stuff

He appointed Lindsay..

Given we still haven't got a manager in, suggests he wasn't planning on sacking him before Crawley came in.

He's built a squad that has barely created a chance down the left side of pitch in 5 months.

He gave a car crash of an interview last week, but all of his comms (e.g. the documentary) have been cliche/surface level guff.

He could well be a success here, as there are players of potential that he's brought in. But if I were Angus I'd be telling him to keep his head down and out of the limelight

“Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." ~ Abraham Lincoln
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 01:15:42 »

From Chris Wise, the source of the Caddis rumour

‘ Caddis isn’t the only candidate being considered by Swindon. He’d be a more ‘left field’ choice, but club have been rewarded before for being bold with their appointments (Macari, Hoddle, Di Canio). Could bring a more experienced head in alongside him too.’
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 05:37:31 »

Only just caught up. Sandro is an absolute cockjockey!

He comes across as some type of Tic-Tac man that Lesaune Lee, Quaver Austen and Formuni probably all met at the races sometime; managed to get in their ears about "a strategy" and is only interested in pound signs. Former bookie with horse race owner mates (Power et al, plus the Wigan link). He can get fucked.

The very fact Marc Bircham is even being uttered is even more fucking tinpot than Richard Branson's latest vanity project that didn't have enough arousal to make it into orbit! He can fuck right off.

The many names of the artist formerly known as Xavier Austin now residing in Pakistan for yet another seemingly odd project, possibly as a cover for some form of protection racket to keep Swiss Bill (aka Lesaune Lee) and his heavies off his back - allegedly. I hear heroin is a huge problem over there...He can get fucked.

There's only one thing at this club when it comes to continuity;

Jedward McCroary & His Merry Band of Convicts
Pashun Powah & No Clue Sherwood
Element Formuni & Quaver (bag) Austen (inc. Shandy Michelle)

and potentially new manager...

Marc "Bullshit Boi" Bircham

Probably not the continuity that most of us envisaged but they most definitely are/have/were/ all wide boi cunts on the make.*

David Artell seems the sensible choice but it won't happen - will it?!

NB;
Sandro Di Michele is an anagram of ;; I DIM SORCED AND HEL ;;

*Somewhat bizarrely, this might not be true but even less bizarrely is that it probably is closer to the truth than not!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 08:14:35 »

From Chris Wise, the source of the Caddis rumour

‘ Caddis isn’t the only candidate being considered by Swindon. He’d be a more ‘left field’ choice, but club have been rewarded before for being bold with their appointments (Macari, Hoddle, Di Canio). Could bring a more experienced head in alongside him too.’

Which is what I suggested. But as we all know, we are Swindon and we do things the Swindon Way, whatever that is.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #379 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 08:18:25 »

Not Caddis, I wouldn't mind him back as youth team coach or just a coach but not 1st team manager? no.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 08:30:47 »

Not Caddis, I wouldn't mind him back as youth team coach or just a coach but not 1st team manager? no.

How about a No.2 to someone? Though you’d have expect them to have some common ground to be able to work together. Return of Di Canio with Caddis his No.2, fuck me this place would implode wouldn’t it? Then explode.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 09:08:46 »

If you're bring back legendary Swindon full backs to manage the club, then Paul Bodin should be on the list. At least he has a proven coaching record.

Just feels too much of a punt. If we were in a relegation dog fight and no-one wanted the job then maybe you gamble on the Fleetwood Academy manager.

We need to get this one right, similar to the situation when Mcdonald replace Di Canio.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 09:13:51 »

Caddis has no experience whatsover.

He could be the next Pep. Or the next Iffy. But we are mid season and if we are to continue challenging for the playoffs surely we try and minimise the risk.

OK bringing in an older head may mitigate risk too.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 09:19:54 »

Caddis has no experience whatsover.

He could be the next Pep. Or the next Iffy. But we are mid season and if we are to continue challenging for the playoffs surely we try and minimise the risk.

OK bringing in an older head may mitigate risk too.

But he's played in the Champions League and hates Oxford don't forget.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 09:27:35 »

I would've taken Cadds over Lindsey in the summer. I think it'd be a riskier move now...

To go off on a tangent somewhat, in the NHL the teams are run by General Managers, they do all the hiring and firing of coaches and recruitment and such, Sandro is almost playing this role for Town. GMs generally get a pass if they fire a coach that was already at the team before them, but when they fire a coach they appointed it's on them. The next appointment is generally seen as pivotal. Get it wrong, the GM gets the bullet. I know Lindsey was technically not fired, but if his hiring is not seen internally as an error on Sandro's part, he should be.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 09:32:04 »

But he's played in the Champions League and hates Oxford don't forget.

aaaah shit. That's that then
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 09:32:37 »

To go off on a tangent somewhat, in the NHL the teams are run by General Managers

What's your team?
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 09:37:24 »

Rangers! Mate from school was a Flyers fan, playing NHL99 he'd always suggest me playing as the Rangers because he enjoyed smashing them, the team stuck Cheesy

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 09:39:03 »

Sorry if I’ve missed it but have we got any concrete proof that it was Sandro who appointed Lindsey?
Surely that comes under Clems remit (or at least a collect decision with input from a few people)

Might be being naive but can’t imagine Sandro was given carte blanche to hire the manager in the summer.

Like, I can see the logic behind Sandro recommending him for the job but actually hiring him (well promoting him I guess)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 09:40:54 »

Rangers! Mate from school was a Flyers fan, playing NHL99 he'd always suggest me playing as the Rangers because he enjoyed smashing them, the team stuck Cheesy

We've got family in Toronto area. Wonder how we'll mess up the first round of the playoffs this year?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 106   Go Up
Print
Jump to: