Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 106   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Proper Manager Thread - Sponsored by Audrey  (Read 152910 times)
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 20:14:22 »

Sorry mate got caught up in comments

No worries.

jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 20:20:21 »

We all want what is best for the club not just this season, but for the future. Rose coloured spectacles from me perhaps but I see Caddis engaging with the fans which is something we’ve all been seeking since Wellens left right?
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 20:24:29 »

Yeah, after all we’ve had some right dross over the years cutting their teeth into management. I mean they roll off the tongue. Macari, Ardiles, Hoddle, Di Canio…

He’s 34 for fuck sake. 4 months left of the season, I want promotion not a fucking gamble just because we like him.

Nobody mentioned those 4 above, relax yourself 😂.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 20:28:47 »

Sandro and Charilie Austin doing the supporters club chat tomorrow night at 7
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 20:32:32 »

Was mimicking Frigby saying laughable to appoint caddis over some of the other names mentioned

Isn’t it? I don’t think he would be appointed at any other league club based on his CV. He’s not coached at a high level, or under anyone particularly experienced. I just don’t think he should get the top job here because he was loved as player. Where is the logic in that? He could turn out to be a brilliant manager, but it’s a complete gamble. I don’t think we should do that now.

If he gets it, I’d absolutely love him to do well. But we should be aiming for more than hoping someone turns out to be great.
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 21:04:59 by Frigby Daser » Logged
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 20:34:15 »

Based on sentiment plus experience I'm surprised Calderwood isn't in the mix.

So, give no fucks
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 20:35:45 »

Everything I read from TSTBL (which admittedly isn’t much at all tbf) seems to have their tongue firmly up someone’s ass.

I’m not a fan of the managerial Merry go round managers and would rather someone with no management experience as to someone which plenty of experience of losing and being sacked…but…some length of coaching experience at a decent (first team) level is a minimum…

If the name was *insert name of ex-Rotherham full back who won a couple of promotions as a player* we’d be shaking our heads and giving it a firm no

Should watch Fools Rush in, if you don’t already. Group of blokes, all come across sound as fuck. Talking like the  average fan and not scared to speak out of line/zero arse licking.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 20:39:35 »

Underwhelming compared to whom? It’s not like we’ve got an abundance of top quality proven experienced managers lined up…that’s why most of the names in the frame are currently out of work. I would be happy giving him a crack at it.

Compared to more qualified people who have applied, want it and been interviewed like Artell.

People always use this "but who then?" and on this occasion we know more qualified candidates are in line and its still being used. Same as "but who would buy the club?" when Power was in charge.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 20:42:03 »

He’s 34 for fuck sake. 4 months left of the season, I want promotion not a fucking gamble just because we like him.

Nobody mentioned those 4 above, relax yourself 😂.

Mate I am relaxed to the point of being horizontal. It would seem others are getting their panties in a twist.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 20:42:10 »

Paul Caddis is a no brainer appointment alright, no brainer in it makes zero sense based on the candidates. Love the bloke but....just no.

Pure sentiment. May as well see if Sam Parkin fancies it.
DMC

« Reply #355 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 20:48:20 »

I could understand it if he had a bit more of coaching behind him but he doesn't.

Anyway i am not sure it will be him tbh
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 20:58:49 »

It almost feels like his name has been leaked to test the water in the fanbase
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 21:02:28 »

No Thanks.

Would rather give Gunning a go with Caddis as an assistant. If that's really the route we are going down.

Which it absolutely shouldn't be.
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 21:04:47 »

Liked caddis as a player but no thankyou to being the manager next. Pint
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 21:17:49 by newmarket red » Logged
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 21:05:06 »

Paul Caddis is a no brainer appointment alright, no brainer in it makes zero sense based on the candidates. Love the bloke but....just no.

Pure sentiment. May as well see if Sam Parkin fancies it.

And there you have it. The dream team.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 106   Go Up
Print
Jump to: