Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 106   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Proper Manager Thread - Sponsored by Audrey  (Read 152888 times)
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 19:51:58 »

Cant wait for the uproar IF he gets appointed saying I’d have appointed XYZ
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 19:53:01 »

Cant wait for the uproar IF he gets appointed saying I’d have appointed XYZ
Football fans in reacting to managerial appointment shocker! Whatever next…
DMC

« Reply #332 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 19:54:43 »

Personality plays a big part in being a successful manager. You can’t compare Lindsey and caddis in terms of personality-they’re polar opposites.

To add to that, what manager gets appointed and asks last seasons talisman how they can play to his strengths, when he saw it first hand as an assistant?

I don't know what you are on about Jimbob
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 19:55:27 »

Football fans in reacting to managerial appointment shocker! Whatever next…

Do a poll, see who the fans (or this forum want). From what I’ve read and the names supposedly in the frame, not one candidate stands out.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 19:56:39 »

I don't know what you are on about Jimbob

Sorry too cryptic. Lindsey (experienced coach) asked Mckirdy how we should play to get the best out of him.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 19:59:45 »

the above played at a higher level than Caddis and werent sentimental appointments/linked to the club before they were appointed.

we need the best man for the job- not the cheapest/easiest.

So if Caddis gets the gig it down to sentiment and nothing else?
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 20:01:16 »

Would he be anywhere near the job if he wasn’t an ex player at the club? I am also certain he wouldn’t
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 20:01:51 »

I saw the Tom Broadbent Lounge account describe it as a "No Brainer Appointment" - I think I probably agree with the exact wording and disagree with the sentiment of that! But we'll see, lots of names linked. Generally I hope we're a bit more imaginative than "popular former player with limited coaching experience" whoever the final man might be,

Everything I read from TSTBL (which admittedly isn’t much at all tbf) seems to have their tongue firmly up someone’s ass.

I’m not a fan of the managerial Merry go round managers and would rather someone with no management experience as to someone which plenty of experience of losing and being sacked…but…some length of coaching experience at a decent (first team) level is a minimum…

If the name was *insert name of ex-Rotherham full back who won a couple of promotions as a player* we’d be shaking our heads and giving it a firm no
DMC

« Reply #338 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 20:03:27 »

It can't be experience can it
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 20:04:27 »

Do a poll, see who the fans (or this forum want). From what I’ve read and the names supposedly in the frame, not one candidate stands out.

Someone with some managerial experience would be a good start.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 20:04:57 »

What is?

Was mimicking Frigby saying laughable to appoint caddis over some of the other names mentioned
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 20:08:11 »

The question is does Clem want the best man to take us forward or the best man for the salary on offer🤔

So, give no fucks
DMC

« Reply #342 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 20:09:29 »

Was mimicking Frigby saying laughable to appoint caddis over some of the other names mentioned
Sorry mate got caught up in comments
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 20:12:41 »

Would he be anywhere near the job if he wasn’t an ex player at the club? I am also certain he wouldn’t

I cannot answer that. Equally your comment is based on conjecture. If he does indeed get the gig you can put that question to the appropriate club representative, though I’m certain you won’t get the answer that will vindicate your scepticism, no matter how justified it is. We will have to wait and see. One thing not mentioned yet WRT any appointment is who their No.2 would be. Hypothetically it is not out of the question for example to have Caddis and CA as player Assistant manager. Unlikely but head coach + AN Other as a ‘dream team’ could include any pairing so Caddis plus one other might work if the assistant has the right credentials.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 20:13:58 »

I saw the Tom Broadbent Lounge account describe it as a "No Brainer Appointment" - I think I probably agree with the exact wording and disagree with the sentiment of that! But we'll see, lots of names linked. Generally I hope we're a bit more imaginative than "popular former player with limited coaching experience" whoever the final man might be,

Gunning and Mildy have more coaching experience than Caddis I imagine. I'd absolutely consider him as part of the coaching team but head coach?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 106   Go Up
Print
Jump to: