Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hate to say.... but  (Read 12297 times)
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 21:57:23 »

Spoke to a work colleague who lives near the ground, he told me the traffic warden was having a field day with cars parked where they shouldn't.  

Those plastic fans won't return.  Smug Fuck Off
Haha jump on Johnnies.  Bye

They've been doing that for 25 years, all the locals know.

Suspect it was those from North and Greater London/Reading etc. that got parking tickets.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 13:11:42 »

It's known as the Ford Transit stand. Don't let anyone tell you it's a three-sided ground.

I must confess that I didn't realise, until someone mentioned it on Facebook a minute ago, that the lease of the Three Sided Dream Palace ends in less than 4 years, hence the push to move to Kidlington.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 17:23:07 »

Yep, glad to get out of Kassam's shithole.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, January 13, 2023, 15:24:17 »

Oxford have the lowest number of away fans following their team at the Kassam than any other club in L1. An average of around 450
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, January 13, 2023, 15:29:59 »

Its gonna be tight to do it in 4 years though.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, January 13, 2023, 17:38:12 »

I've not been following this, so apols for the basic questions.  Is the implication here that Kassam would be minded not to renew with OUFC in 4 yrs from now - hence the rush to find another home?  Or is it that OUFC will be no longer obliged to rent the stadium from then?  (In other words, is the club looking to leave a stadium it's never really liked; or is it being pushed out?)

I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking of the Kassam as a 'new ground' still.  (What is it...20-25 yrs old?)  So the idea that Oxford could be moving to an even newer ground is interesting.  Unsurprising given the nature of the city, but how do the fans feel about having to move further and further from the centre?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, January 13, 2023, 18:11:33 »

Should be renamed Kidlington Wanderers.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, January 13, 2023, 21:17:57 »

I've not been following this, so apols for the basic questions.  Is the implication here that Kassam would be minded not to renew with OUFC in 4 yrs from now - hence the rush to find another home?  Or is it that OUFC will be no longer obliged to rent the stadium from then?  (In other words, is the club looking to leave a stadium it's never really liked; or is it being pushed out?)

I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking of the Kassam as a 'new ground' still.  (What is it...20-25 yrs old?)  So the idea that Oxford could be moving to an even newer ground is interesting.  Unsurprising given the nature of the city, but how do the fans feel about having to move further and further from the centre?

Oxford have new minted owners.
Kassam charging extortionate rent for a triangle. They want to move out and build a new ground, however land and property in Oxfordshire is premium price notwithstanding getting planning permission when you already have a football ground is proving tough.

Always going to be objections even without great crested newts.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, January 13, 2023, 21:24:26 »

They could always build a 2 sided ground.
I JBZelieve We Will Win
JBZ reborn

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, January 13, 2023, 21:31:44 »

It seems that everyone has minted owners these days
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 01:00:01 »

I've not been following this, so apols for the basic questions.  Is the implication here that Kassam would be minded not to renew with OUFC in 4 yrs from now - hence the rush to find another home?  Or is it that OUFC will be no longer obliged to rent the stadium from then?  (In other words, is the club looking to leave a stadium it's never really liked; or is it being pushed out?)

I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking of the Kassam as a 'new ground' still.  (What is it...20-25 yrs old?)  So the idea that Oxford could be moving to an even newer ground is interesting.  Unsurprising given the nature of the city, but how do the fans feel about having to move further and further from the centre?

22 years old. Definitely still a 'new ground' in almost all eyes. Kassam would love to rent it to us again and get his nearly £million annual payments (it may be over that now, I've not studied the accounts for a while - initially it was £500k pa, then £600k, then maybe £800k, but that was about 10 years ago). If we went he'd probably get a rugby team in on the cheap. He's already made way more than his money back from the ground and bowling alley/cinema/Hilton/Holiday Inn. Being a landlord is his business, after all - made his early millions by buying up the grottiest B&Bs in London to put ayslum seekers in, whilst collecting ridiculous rents on their behalf from the government.

I can't remember exactly how many but about 5 owners of the club since Kassam have tried and failed to get anywhere remotely meaningful in negotiating the sale of the stadium with him. He was quite happy just collecting the rent and other revenues.

As the lease is nearing its end the club need to explore other options as a practicality and also a bargaining tool. We may need to move, but if it becomes clear that a new ground is a real possibility, Kassam may miraculously have a change of heart and be willing to negotiate a sale. The current club owners haven't made their position public for obvious reasons - they may have already decided not to 'negotiate' with (get fucked by) Kassam any more. We don't really want to stay there but it would make more financial sense to buy it than build a new one.

And, yes, 4 years is not long but just about do-able. Something needs to happen soon - without planning approval and a decreasing time-frame Kassam will have us over a barrell again.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 01:04:15 by mystical_goat » Logged
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 05:51:26 »

They will be ok if they get stuck they can ground share with their Thames Valley friends along the M4

So, give no fucks
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 07:39:47 »

🤣
FA investigators will look at Oxford defender Ciaron Brown's phone

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0cEx5iWLKUsx6E6dgoSaDafhbBfQRASiRpw6ZY8wihL4wgymYVz198PRhvVaStJLWl&id=274917909278341
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, January 20, 2023, 08:45:31 »

Brown scored our winner at the weekend.

Quote from the MD:
“There is no option to stay at the Kassam Stadium, our lease has been terminated.

“That’s not our decision, that’s the stadium company’s decision and to be fair they’re working within the legal rights to do so.

“From 2026, we have nowhere to play.

“It’s not as if we’re in a situation where we’re looking to move grounds or redevelop a ground."
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, January 20, 2023, 09:12:11 »

3 years, then. Jeez, obviously I’ve no great affection for OUFC but having your balls squeezed by Kassam - again - must be a bitter pill to take.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: