Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager  (Read 29114 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 22:33:37 »

Quite a PR stunt lined up for the Grimsby game with a new manager and Charlie's homecoming which should boost the numbers through the turnstiles😀
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 22:49:52 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 22:34:26 »

Great Scott!
Keith Scott ?.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 22:53:56 »

It wouldn't surprise me if Marty Taylor was considered.

I reckon this thread will see things happen when we hit 88mph.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 22:57:12 »

we can get a sports almanac from the past and bring it to the future

(1 poster may get this)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 22:59:58 »

(1 poster may get this)
Make sure there are two coats of polish!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 23:02:05 »

(1 poster may get this)

I certainly don’t.
Why is it the wrong way?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 23:15:52 »

I genuinely can't tell what names are people taking the piss and what aren't anymore. I think I'd rather have Sheena Easton than some of the suggestions that seem to be serious.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #142 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 06:25:35 »

(1 poster may get this)

classic TEF moment
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 06:38:44 »

I certainly don’t.
Why is it the wrong way?

You need to take it from the future to the past, if it's to be any use. Or maybe Bernie just liked old stats books. I loved my Rothman's 81/82 football annual that I bought for about 20p in the late 80's, so you never know!
« Last Edit: Friday, January 6, 2023, 06:47:19 by Broadbents Tackle » Logged

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 07:48:18 »

Quote from: DiV
Why is it the wrong way?

exactly Smiley
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 09:16:55 »

The fact I want to be entertained, academy managers bring academy football. The football last year was boring but got results, this year it’s even more boring and not getting as many results. I don’t want us to play boring slow football. I want us to play with intensity, determination and excitement. Do I think a former player would be more likely to bring that, as well as exciting a completely dull and flat home crowd, yes. Williams, garner and Lindsey have all been so dull to watch - time to try something different.

I'm never totally convinced of going down the ex-player route. Yes I get the initial shot in the arm re the fanbase and that they are likely to get more support from the fans, but I think back to when we've done it before - Jimmy Quinn and Iffy Onuara - and they are hardly golden times. Yes they were a while ago and football has changed since then but I'm sceptical going down this route ends well.

A name I don't think that has been mentioned on here I saw on the FB page was Mark Warburton. I know his stock has fallen since he stuttered in the Rangers job and he's first team coach at West Ham so is probably happy where he is but there are some interesting snippets about his life that might work alongside Sandro.

* Used to be a trader in both London and the US. So not afraid of a gamble
* He helped form the NextGen series in 2010 which is an under 19 cup competition. Clearly has an eye on talented young players.
* I would imagine he has good contacts in the game.

Similarly to the Duncan Ferguson shout, I imagine the gap between being a first team coach at a Premier League club and a manager in league 2 is cavernous. 

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 09:19:52 »

He would definitely be the strong personality type and wasn't he manager at QPR when Austin was there!

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 09:21:35 »

I'm never totally convinced of going down the ex-player route. Yes I get the initial shot in the arm re the fanbase and that they are likely to get more support from the fans, but I think back to when we've done it before - Jimmy Quinn and Iffy Onuara - and they are hardly golden times. Yes they were a while ago and football has changed since then but I'm sceptical going down this route ends well.

A name I don't think that has been mentioned on here I saw on the FB page was Mark Warburton. I know his stock has fallen since he stuttered in the Rangers job and he's first team coach at West Ham so is probably happy where he is but there are some interesting snippets about his life that might work alongside Sandro.

* Used to be a trader in both London and the US. So not afraid of a gamble
* He helped form the NextGen series in 2010 which is an under 19 cup competition. Clearly has an eye on talented young players.
* I would imagine he has good contacts in the game.

Similarly to the Duncan Ferguson shout, I imagine the gap between being a first team coach at a Premier League club and a manager in league 2 is cavernous. 
Didn’t Garner bridge that gap? I’ve tried to blank his tenure so not sure.
ROKERITE

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 09:26:10 »

People disagree with your opinion, so they’re thick. What a stunning introduction to the forum, cunt.

I don't think "not very bright", which was the phrase Steak supper posted and I agreed with, is quite the same as "thick". Perhaps a better term would be "not very well informed".

I'm amazed you can get away with your language on any football message-board by the way. But I wish you well and hope your owners make the right choice.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 09:31:05 »

I don't think "not very bright", which was the phrase Steak supper posted and I agreed with, is quite the same as "thick". Perhaps a better term would be "not very well informed".

I'm amazed you can get away with your language on any football message-board by the way. But I wish you well and hope your owners make the right choice.

Its a term of endearment that every new poster has said to them - don't be offended
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: