Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager  (Read 29145 times)
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 18:59:34 »

Why?

Why is an out of work coach looking to get into management an unrealistic idea?
Plenty of jobs about this season and he’s not taken one of them yet?
Is that because he has chosen not to? Or is that because no ones taken a punt on him?

If it’s the latter (and I have no idea if it is or not) then why not?

Can’t tell if your being serious or not. Everton job probably gonna be available in a week, I’d say he’s looking at that and will be in running for that.

Doubt he’s looking at a tinpot outfit like us, in the basement of English football.

Cracks me up that there’s people on here that genuinely believe we can attract the likes of Carrick, Mason, Ferguson etc in our current form 😂
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 19:22:48 »

May completely fail but maybe this is time to go for Caddis with Peacock number 2? The club needs an injection of passion and connection, caddis and peacock have done their coaching badges and I can’t see them taking any shit. Give them a go, I’d rather that than a passionless academy manager again
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 19:25:02 »

May completely fail but maybe this is time to go for Caddis with Peacock number 2? The club needs an injection of passion and connection, caddis and peacock have done their coaching badges and I can’t see them taking any shit. Give them a go, I’d rather that than a passionless academy manager again

I like it!  👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 19:25:26 »

It’s not about ‘passion’ or ‘connection’ it’s about having the best person for the job. I don’t get the constant desire for people to get the job based on nothing more than sentiment.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 19:27:14 »

Please god no,
What is it with our fans obsessions with ex players. I seen TSTBL are playing the Caddis card on Twitter.

Someone with absolutely no connection with the club would be my preference, I want someone to come in and win football matches, I couldn’t give a shit if they are a nice bloke, clap the fans or have any passion.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 19:31:38 »

It’s not about ‘passion’ or ‘connection’ it’s about having the best person for the job. I don’t get the constant desire for people to get the job based on nothing more than sentiment.

The fact I want to be entertained, academy managers bring academy football. The football last year was boring but got results, this year it’s even more boring and not getting as many results. I don’t want us to play boring slow football. I want us to play with intensity, determination and excitement. Do I think a former player would be more likely to bring that, as well as exciting a completely dull and flat home crowd, yes. Williams, garner and Lindsey have all been so dull to watch - time to try something different.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 19:32:42 »

If we want out of the league at all costs, call the best belly wobble of the orchestra and get fatty Evans in
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 19:37:13 »

What is the obsession with passion and what does that even mean ?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 19:39:32 »

The fact I want to be entertained, academy managers bring academy football. The football last year was boring but got results, this year it’s even more boring and not getting as many results. I don’t want us to play boring slow football. I want us to play with intensity, determination and excitement. Do I think a former player would be more likely to bring that, as well as exciting a completely dull and flat home crowd, yes. Williams, garner and Lindsey have all been so dull to watch - time to try something different.
Caddis consistently used to turn up to preseason overweight and out of shape, hardly the glowing an example of discipline a manager should be. Also Caddis is an academy coach at Fleetwood so you’ve undermined the whole argument with the first sentence.  Historical links to the club is irrelevant, decisions based on sentiment usually backfire!
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 19:42:17 »

I really hope we have somebody lined up. Hopefully this whole scenario has been a mutual agreement that benefits all parties and has been in the pipeline a while.

If for whatever reason this is completely out of the blue, I don't have a huge amount of faith in Clem and Sandro to go through the recruitment process again. God forbid one of our current coaching staff get the job until the end of the season. They can't be that stupid surely?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 19:44:00 »

Can’t tell if your being serious or not. Everton job probably gonna be available in a week, I’d say he’s looking at that and will be in running for that.

Doubt he’s looking at a tinpot outfit like us, in the basement of English football.

Cracks me up that there’s people on here that genuinely believe we can attract the likes of Carrick, Mason, Ferguson etc in our current form 😂

If Everton were going to appoint Ferguson they’d have done it by now. Probably before Benitez.
If he felt they were going to give him the job at some point he’d have stayed there as #2.

Do I expect him to spend a few years on the lower leagues and eventually go back there, yes

…but…the fact he chose to leave means he’s thinking about working else where (or not working at all)

No more unrealistic than appointing Paolo Di Canio.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 19:46:04 »

If Everton were going to appoint Ferguson they’d have done it by now. Probably before Benitez.
If he felt they were going to give him the job at some point he’d have stayed there as #2.

Sounds like us and Nijholt.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 19:47:06 »

Some could argue Sheridan was very passionate - shit, but passionate, a cunt but passionate.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 19:49:44 »

Passionate about Oldham perhaps
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 19:50:46 »

what's Shaun Taylor up to at the moment ?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: