Poll
Question: Lindsey:
Give him the season - 19 (16.8%)
Time for a change - 94 (83.2%)
Total Voters: 109

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Current Management  (Read 18279 times)
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 14:01:32 »

I don’t like anyone being sacked but having sat through some of the dross served up this season, there is no alternative if we have ambitions for promotion
SpeakingFluentPeroni

« Reply #16 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 14:07:27 »

No change for me, I think the current model of a sustainable football club is noble and deserves 5 years to make it work. We were going bust 2 years ago and Clem saved us. A couple of bad results shouldn’t deflect from the bigger picture.
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 14:12:50 »

No change for me, I think the current model of a sustainable football club is noble and deserves 5 years to make it work. We were going bust 2 years ago and Clem saved us. A couple of bad results shouldn’t deflect from the bigger picture.

A couple of bad results??
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 14:13:45 »

Interesting I see what you’re saying. I just don’t think that the current set up has the right personnel to develop players. The model works by investing in youth players to develop and improve but under Lindsey who can we say has improved this season? Last year there was noticeable improvements in players: mckirdy, Payne, Simpson to name a few. Think fingers can be pointed at everywhere, hopefully Sandros Excel sheets can work out why the misses were misses and over time that system can improve too. Just wish we had an interesting team to watch if we’re not going to get results.
SpeakingFluentPeroni

« Reply #19 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 14:26:50 »

Just trying to give a different opinion I guess from the high level of negativity on this forum. I went to Scunthorpe last year amazed that we had a team and last season was fun, however, we’ve gone from years of cowboy ownership to a bloke that seems to be trying to do the right thing in the long term. I don’t buy the argument that we need to get out of this division this year.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 14:30:38 »

So we keep with SL playing boring football with few shots on goal each game. Crowds drop to 6k, how is that sustainability going then?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 14:30:57 »

Just trying to give a different opinion I guess from the high level of negativity on this forum. I went to Scunthorpe last year amazed that we had a team and last season was fun, however, we’ve gone from years of cowboy ownership to a bloke that seems to be trying to do the right thing in the long term. I don’t buy the argument that we need to get out of this division this year.

I see your point but if the club isn’t moving forward then what’s the point?

Like, if we just sit on this division, pass it around, win some, lose some and sell a few players on to make ourselves sustainable - is that acceptable for people? Some maybe but for me it would be boring as fuck & I’d have absolutely no interest in supporting a football club whose #1 priority wasn’t winning football matches and getting promoted.

Sure, I agree we don’t have to get out of L2 this year but quietly frankly we need to start moving forward. There is only so much enjoyment you can get out of L1 & L2 and quietly frankly after what is it now 22-23 years of the bottom 2 division I’m sick of it.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 14:31:55 »

So we keep with SL playing boring football with few shots on goal each game. Crowds drop to 6k, how is that sustainability going then?

When was the last time our crowds dropped to 6k?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 14:39:35 »

If I was Sandro I would be looking to see how the likes of Accrington, Burton, Cheltenham, Fleetwood & Morcambe have been more sustainable in league one than us over recent seasons as they're obviously doing something right.

So, give no fucks
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 14:40:07 »

When was the last time our crowds dropped to 6k?

So you are saying that if we keep playing like we are we will keep 8k a week grinning and paying their money?
I have a season ticket and I can barely be arsed to turn up at the moment.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 14:40:57 »

If I was Sandro I would be looking to see how the likes of Accrington, Burton, Cheltenham, Fleetwood & Morcambe have been more sustainable in league one than us over recent seasons as they're obviously doing something right.
Fucking hell. They’re all relegation fodder in L1.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 14:41:58 »

Fucking hell. They’re all relegation fodder in L1.

Agreed but most have been in league longer than us recently

So, give no fucks
I JBZelieve We Will Win
JBZ reborn

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 14:45:23 »

Sure, I agree we don’t have to get out of L2 this year but quietly frankly we need to start moving forward. There is only so much enjoyment you can get out of L1 & L2 and quietly frankly after what is it now 22-23 years of the bottom 2 division I’m sick of it.

This may be an unpopular opinion but, absent a very wealthy benefactor, our future lies in league one/two. Anything other than the odd Yeovil style stint in the championship is out of reach.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 14:47:24 »

I'm still on the fence.

My head says we had a lot to rebuild again this summer. It's difficult for experienced recruiters to get it right first time. That we are not miles off the playoffs and that one window just isn't enough time. experience will come and with it improvements

my heart (and eyes) say we are going backwards, we have a manger who seems pig headed and inflexible in approach and it's costing us results. Then there's the ugly style of play that's boring us.

do I think we'll make it - no
do I feel uneasy calling for his head given the above - yes.

I think the change will come once the playoffs can't be reached. But will we just get another coach brought in to 'showcase talent'.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 14:48:03 »

Context

Last season Barnsley had the lowest budget in the Championship - £15m
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: