Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crawley Town vs Swindon Town Buildup & Matchday Thread  (Read 16595 times)
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Sunday, December 4, 2022, 09:37:03 »

Had some reflections overnight. I go to watch Swindon to be entertained, I don’t think we will ever get to the Premier league in my lifetime so you kind of have to have a mentality of entertainment vs success, with both the optimal. I’d rather see games that are fast, high scoring and with good football. I don’t buy into the possession for the sake of possession philosophy. When it works it’s great but we have league 2 footballers who are going to get it wrong more than they are right. Not saying we should settle for L2 football but if it’s a case of getting lots of shots off, crosses into the box vs what we’ve got now I’d definitely select the former.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Sunday, December 4, 2022, 10:00:17 »

What we’re getting isn’t what Lindsey said he’d be giving - nowhere near.

It needs questioning. What is the priority? Promotion over style or style over promotion.

The argument that playing our, so-called, possession based game would attract a better class of loanee doesn’t wash as our reliance on loans has, happily, been diminished.

With the CG purchase imminent, followed by a stadium revamp, getting out of L2 by whatever means is a must.

The feelgood factor will decline if this boring shite is all that’s going to be on offer for the foreseeable future.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Sunday, December 4, 2022, 11:56:52 »

I worry when he says "we had no guile up front" and wonder what they've been working on the last two weeks. Either he dosen't get his points across on the training ground or the players aren't good enough.

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Sunday, December 4, 2022, 12:29:59 »

Quote from: Robinz
SL seems to be a no BS type of guy. He tells it how he sees it. Which is similar to us followers see it.

I'm sorry Robinz, but what he says he sees (at least in public) often seems at odds with my eyes.

Example is the Crewe game. To my eyes we just didn't do enough. We certainly were worth a point but never 3. We had the odd half chance but with the amount of possession we had, we largely did naff all with it.

Yet he seemed quite sure we played well, and backed out up with box entry stats, etc.

Now I'm fully aware I could be picking out the bits I want to hear and ignoring the rest. I admit the stats could actually be right over the long term.

I just don't see it!
---
No panic yet, it's a long season and it's quite possible for it to go either way.

I think he's here for the season at least. There was so much optimism only a month ago, now so much pessimism. The truth probably lies somewhere in-between.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Sunday, December 4, 2022, 12:35:25 »

Based on the inconsistency you allude to Batch the best us fans can expect is to flirt around mid table towards the play off spots at best.

So, give no fucks
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Sunday, December 4, 2022, 13:00:27 »

Trying to work out how Iandolo was in the team again..

Is Devine injured still?

Would prefer Lavinier on his wrong side to Ellis, who will surely slip down into non-league when he eventually leaves us

My thoughts entirely, Darcy on the bench with Iandolo starting is just ludicrous in my eyes
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Sunday, December 4, 2022, 14:50:01 »

my biggest gripe with managers is playing the same formation and style the same every week when it doesn't work. 4-4-2 worked. if he changed it due to cb injuries why didn't he revert back to it yesterday with clayton back.

its quite obvious why ellis is playing because he offers width and a cross. would you really have darcy on the left? i certainly wouldn't. why not give a Roberts a start if we want to play with a natural winger?

reed showed why he has been on the bench yesterday. the start he was waiting for yet confidence and passing abilty completely gone.

against crewe the result was bad but we created chances. yesterday like recent away games we didnt. goalscoring is proving really hard and yet we have a proven goal scorer playing for us!

there's no balance to this team at the moment and we need a positive result to change it. christmas is the worst time to be on bad form with the amount of games to play
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Sunday, December 4, 2022, 14:56:09 »

its quite obvious why ellis is playing because he offers width and a cross.
I suppose 1 out of 2 has been achieved.

At the moment mostly he gets the ball and gives it away, or fluffs the cross.

A left sided Hutton he isn't
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Sunday, December 4, 2022, 15:08:23 »

If by width you means he’s stood close to the touch line then yeah - he’s given us width.

Why the need for it? We didn’t need width with the diamond midfield which is naturally very narrow.
Is it width Laviner, Shade or FBT couldn’t have provided?

Was it something that was worth trying, perhaps. Was it something worth sticking with after Tranmere and Crewe - absolutely not.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Sunday, December 4, 2022, 16:53:59 »

I've not studied the Orient & Steveage starting eleven / squads so anyone got any thoughts on if they have more quality than us or is it down to the managers getting more from his players.

So, give no fucks
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Sunday, December 4, 2022, 16:59:05 »

I've not studied the Orient & Steveage starting eleven / squads so anyone got any thoughts on if they have more quality than us or is it down to the managers getting more from his players.

be interesting to see if any are using a 3-5-2 successfully. lindsey could go scout them..
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Sunday, December 4, 2022, 17:03:11 »

be interesting to see if any are using a 3-5-2 successfully. lindsey could go scout them..

I can't believe they have much more quality just set up better and stick to what they are good at.

So, give no fucks
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Sunday, December 4, 2022, 17:16:48 »

both teams have strong squads and have more quality than we do
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Sunday, December 4, 2022, 17:19:16 »

Have to give Evans credit for recruiting so many decent players as Stevenage were poor last season.

So, give no fucks
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Sunday, December 4, 2022, 18:33:55 »

Have to give Evans credit for recruiting so many decent players as Stevenage were poor last season.

They’ve got Luke Norris up front, imagine the stick SL would have got if we signed him
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: