Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crawley Town vs Swindon Town Buildup & Matchday Thread  (Read 17162 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Saturday, December 3, 2022, 18:08:16 »

Cheap option!

So, give no fucks
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Saturday, December 3, 2022, 18:13:41 »

The board need to do one of two things here:

1) get rid of Lindsey and bring in a proper manager as he clearly can’t get the best out of this squad and won’t get us up

2) keep Lindsey but communicate to the fanbase that the aim this season is mid table because that’s all we are going to achieve with this man in charge

I prefer 1- bring a manager in time for the window to give us a chance. Season after season watching this dross is t good enough
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Saturday, December 3, 2022, 18:17:00 »

Not really sure we have much outside of that toolkit to be honest. Anything else?
A very eloquent summary, nicely done.

I’m not in the let’s go for the old school long ball tactics in league 2 camp necessarily. We kept possession last season season and scored the most goals in the league. You cannot fluke that over a season, it can be done.

When the ‘plans’ you mention work, obviously that’s great, but it’s really low percentage stuff. It’s easy to do your homework and get tight to Hutton/Gladwin. A calculated risk of ignoring Darcy’s threat will pay off most matches. Williams is another matter, but alone is not a force enough to get us promoted.

Our possession seems pointless most of the time. Passing sides that are any good are not passing for the sake of it, but are working on exploiting an identified weak link, or targeting an area of the pitch to overload, or aiming to manoeuvre the defence out of position, or changing tempo quickly and breaking through defensive lines with incisive runs/slick passing moves.

My main gripe, I think, is that everything we do is so slow that we cannot begin to do any of that. We can dress it up by talking about about box entries, touches in opponents third, xG etc, but the fact is we are just not very dangerous, and worse it’s dull as fuck to watch. Who, that wasn’t already a fan, would deliberately pay to watch training ground tempo.

So how do we move forward from here?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Saturday, December 3, 2022, 18:23:13 »

Nothing will change if changes aren't made!

So, give no fucks
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Saturday, December 3, 2022, 18:31:40 »

Many have said that we have a really strong squad compared to last season! If so then the mamager has to take the responsibility for not getting the best out of the players and for choosing the formation & tactics.
When everyone is fit we have a stronger bench than last year. But, we have a weaker starting 11.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Saturday, December 3, 2022, 18:51:40 »

The board need to do one of two things here:

1) get rid of Lindsey and bring in a proper manager as he clearly can’t get the best out of this squad and won’t get us up

2) keep Lindsey but communicate to the fanbase that the aim this season is mid table because that’s all we are going to achieve with this man in charge

I prefer 1- bring a manager in time for the window to give us a chance. Season after season watching this dross is t good enough
Why would the board tell the fans the aim is not to get promotion but obtain mid table? Nobody would turn up on that basis.

I’m not defending Lindsey but, without looking, I’d say these comments were aimed at Garner last season on more than one occasion.

Even if we count reaching the POs last season as some kind of success it was, in the main, a boring watch. The 9000 who have been reinvigorated by the demise of Power won’t hang around long if this is the tripe they are being served up.

It’s dogmatic and will achieve nothing. We won’t get promoted and the football won’t be good enough to showcase our young players with a view to making a profit on them.

It’s utterly pointless - literally - football.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Saturday, December 3, 2022, 18:53:31 »

The squad this year is a long way below last year.

Payne was a big part of last years squad and is a big loss

Linsey has the job for the season.

I’m not convinced this squad is any worse than last seasons.

Last season we were extremely weak at the back (apart from the run in) but with Simpsons/Davison, Payne & McKirdy we had match winners and goal scorers. I mean those 3 (I’ll count Simpson/Davison as one because they weren’t here at the same time) must have contributed the large majority of our goals last season.

You also have to remember whilst we knew we’d lose Payne and Simpson/Davison I guess we maybe thought we’d still have McKirdy? I dunno how early the club knew he was going but we didn’t get much time to try and replace him. I mean id argue with McKirdy in our side we’d have won our last two home games.

I don’t think we are as far off as everyone else seems to think.
Get Williams back in and hopefully we look a different side.

We just need to create more. I’d say the rest is generally alright.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Saturday, December 3, 2022, 18:57:57 »

@oxonrobin - in the last few games the plan was give it to Hutton, let him cross.

but funnily enough Crawley aren't idiots and  didn't give him the space

There's always plan b. Oh.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Saturday, December 3, 2022, 19:16:16 »

Trying to work out how Iandolo was in the team again..

Is Devine injured still?

Would prefer Lavinier on his wrong side to Ellis, who will surely slip down into non-league when he eventually leaves us

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Saturday, December 3, 2022, 19:44:42 »

When everyone is fit we have a stronger bench than last year. But, we have a weaker starting 11.

Having a stronger bench means nothing if we don't have a manager who can get the best out of the team and I would take quality over quantity.

So, give no fucks
Cheltred

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Saturday, December 3, 2022, 20:01:52 »

Watch the attendances plummet.

No sane fucker will want to watch that shite time and time again.
Almost every time we have a bad result someone says attendances will plummet!

Shite it may be but remember it wasn't so long ago we thought we wouldn't even have that to watch!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Saturday, December 3, 2022, 20:08:12 »

Trying to work out how Iandolo was in the team again..

Is Devine injured still?

Would prefer Lavinier on his wrong side to Ellis, who will surely slip down into non-league when he eventually leaves us

…what I can’t fathom is why we’ve bought Iandolo into the team to play LWB.

We had good success with the diamond midfield. With Williams then out logically (to me anyways) you’d move Darcy to the advanced point of the diamond & put Iandolo on the left side…or…move Khan to the left side and put Reed in at the base point of the diamond.

That’s the kicker for me, sure Williams was going to be a loss but it would have been worth trying someone else in that position rather than completely changing formation.

…in the minority but think a CB pairing of Harries & Brennan would have been ok. Don’t think we needed to change everything to get another CB in there.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Saturday, December 3, 2022, 20:13:34 »

Honestly think SL thought the same as most fans that a pairing of Brennan & Harries was a potential disaster so played 3 at the back.

What I don’t understand is that it clearly wasn’t working so why continue with it 🤷🏼‍♂️
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Saturday, December 3, 2022, 20:53:15 »

That was another woeful inept performance.
Stop Hutton, stop Swindon. Void of ideas all over the park.
Was heading for a dour 0-0 draw against another poor side but simple mistakes and lack of any cutting edge we look bang average.
Can’t see what Iandolo is bringing to us, Reed just doesn’t look comfortable, As soon as Gladwin went off we were looking vulnerable.
Jephcott no service, Wakeling still learning, Shade almost given up on him.
Kahn a poor game today and can only hope he is OK.

Once again backed by a decent away following, the natives are getting restless.

Losses against Crewe and Crawley - That is simply not good enough.
Cracking pre-match drinking in Victoria, then it all went so horribly wrong.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Saturday, December 3, 2022, 20:59:09 »

any khan news?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: