Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 ... 73   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official World Cup 2022 Thread  (Read 68609 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #840 on: Friday, December 9, 2022, 14:39:24 »

What are the chance of this actually happening, perhaps Clem could whack a bid in.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63885578
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #841 on: Friday, December 9, 2022, 15:00:14 »

They could do similar for the fence end at the Pox, wheelie bins would suffice  Smiley
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #842 on: Friday, December 9, 2022, 15:23:37 »

Croatia the better side in that first half. Perhaps all the celebrations and pointless celebration dancing by Brazil in their win over South Korea has taken it out of them, they've looked sluggish.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #843 on: Friday, December 9, 2022, 15:46:06 »

Croatia have played very well up to now (53)

But it's still 0-0 so....
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #844 on: Friday, December 9, 2022, 16:15:29 »

So, didn’t know exactly which thread this would be best in but here seems as good as any.

Saw a thread on Twitter asking the question whether Bellingham is the most talented English 19 year old ever? Fair shout I suppose.

A lot of the comments mentioned certain players but then someone posted Wayne Rooney (which is a fair shout) and accompanied it with a video of him as an 19 year old playing at Euro 2004…fuck me, I think we’ve all probably forgotten just how good he was back then.

I mean, he was a good player. He had a fantastic career setting domestic and international records….and yet re-watching him at 19 - I’m not sure he even fulfilled his full potential, which is mad when you think about it…
DMC

« Reply #845 on: Friday, December 9, 2022, 16:33:32 »

So, didn’t know exactly which thread this would be best in but here seems as good as any.

Saw a thread on Twitter asking the question whether Bellingham is the most talented English 19 year old ever? Fair shout I suppose.

A lot of the comments mentioned certain players but then someone posted Wayne Rooney (which is a fair shout) and accompanied it with a video of him as an 19 year old playing at Euro 2004…fuck me, I think we’ve all probably forgotten just how good he was back then.

I mean, he was a good player. He had a fantastic career setting domestic and international records….and yet re-watching him at 19 - I’m not sure he even fulfilled his full potential, which is mad when you think about it…
Scary isn't it. So underated when you look at the records he has for club and country. Michael Owen is another we seem to forget how good was too
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #846 on: Friday, December 9, 2022, 16:46:36 »

Scary isn't it. So underated when you look at the records he has for club and country. Michael Owen is another we seem to forget how good was too

Looking back Michael Owen was fantastic at what he was good at (if that makes sense)
He was a small quick striker who could finish. No mean feat to be that good that young but don’t think he had anything else to his game other than that - as we saw after a plethora of hamstring injuries.

I always consider (young) Michael Owen to more of an effective football than a great footballer (if that makes sense)

Where as you look at young Rooney and there wasn’t anything he couldnt do. He could run in behind, dribble past players, hold the ball up, bully players, finish in the box, smash one on from 30 yards. Very similar to prime Alan Shearer in that respect.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #847 on: Friday, December 9, 2022, 16:50:06 »

fair enough neymar. Decent
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #848 on: Friday, December 9, 2022, 16:50:15 »

Finally Brazil score
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #849 on: Friday, December 9, 2022, 16:52:26 »

fair enough neymar. Decent

Think the defender can deal with that - if he actually bothered to go for the ball rather than trying to block Neymar off
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #850 on: Friday, December 9, 2022, 17:00:40 »

For me Rooney was a more complete player than Bellingham is, Owen was a great goalscorer with a superb touch but he worked hard at it, much like Keegan before him.

Walcott broke onto the scene well as a 17 year old but in the end didnt kick on but as a teenager he has as much promise as Bellingham for me.

Bellingham though looks a real talent and complete midfielder who can score goals and be a real box to box player.

He does remind me a lot of a young Bryan Robson when he was at West Brom before his massive transfer to Man Utd, a strong, quick, tackling, passing and shooting player, excellent at all of those.

Or even of Steven Gerrard but I do think Belligham is more talented than Gerrard was, certainly at the same age.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #851 on: Friday, December 9, 2022, 17:04:16 »

1-1. Game on.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #852 on: Friday, December 9, 2022, 17:21:51 »

Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #853 on: Friday, December 9, 2022, 17:22:28 »

Brazil bottle it.

Argentina vs Portugal final written in the stars.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #854 on: Friday, December 9, 2022, 17:22:38 »

Crikey
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 ... 73   Go Up
Print
Jump to: