Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 ... 73   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official World Cup 2022 Thread  (Read 68662 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #750 on: Sunday, December 4, 2022, 20:32:22 »

Might stay out after the Dons game next Saturday. Best place to watch, that doesn't involve a taxi?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #751 on: Sunday, December 4, 2022, 21:08:18 »

er, tentative link:

We've put in a request to the EFL and hosts @Official_STFC for an earlier kick-off time on Saturday, to allow time for Dons to travel back in time for England's World Cup quarter-final 🏆

We'll let you know as soon as possible after a decision has been made 🗓️

#AFCW 🟡🔵
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #752 on: Sunday, December 4, 2022, 21:46:25 »

er, tentative link:

We've put in a request to the EFL and hosts @Official_STFC for an earlier kick-off time on Saturday, to allow time for Dons to travel back in time for England's World Cup quarter-final 🏆

#AFCW 🟡🔵
Thx for the heads up.  Surely the England game should be put back an hour?  Wink

Hoping to have a table booked at the Three Guineas by Reading Station for 6.30 on the way back to Guildford.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #753 on: Sunday, December 4, 2022, 23:39:11 »

Whatever the plan is for next weekend,  I will be pissed  Smiley
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #754 on: Monday, December 5, 2022, 08:15:26 »

Its not as if it was known this was a possibility, other teams have changed kick off before yesterdays game knowing that it was probable England getting through.. Not fair on people who already have travel booked etc if it is changed imo.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #755 on: Monday, December 5, 2022, 08:28:10 »

Been much better since the goal. Start wasn't good but I think we need to calm down a bit about not being in top all the time, sometimes you have to feel your opponent out a bit.

Football fans in demanding everything yesterday shocker!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #756 on: Monday, December 5, 2022, 10:12:48 »

Office Xmas party next Saturday, we're supposed to sit down for dinner at 7pm.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #757 on: Monday, December 5, 2022, 10:20:22 »

Office Xmas party next Saturday, we're supposed to sit down for dinner at 7pm.

Doh! I reckon quite a few office parties arranged for Saturday will be scrambling around/suffering some call offs!

We've invited some neighbours around for a few Christmas drinks from 7pm on Saturday and whilst we only expected a couple to accept, they all have! The television will very much be playing a big part next Saturday for sure!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Cheltred

Ignore
« Reply #758 on: Monday, December 5, 2022, 11:14:32 »

er, tentative link:

#AFCW 🟡🔵
I'd guess they can hardly refuse the requests but it's odd that a lot of clubs moved last Saturday's kick-off in case England were playing (i.e. if they came 2nd in the group when in fact they won it) but no one considered reaching the quarters until now when (as far as you can rely on England!) It was always likely that we would. By the way if we are in the 3rd place game it is the following Saturday at 3.00, or will no one be interested in that?
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #759 on: Monday, December 5, 2022, 11:17:07 »

We've (rightly in my mind) refused to change the kickoff time as it would potentially have put out our fans who have made travel arrangements etc.

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #760 on: Monday, December 5, 2022, 11:20:04 »

Dons fans are more than welcome to stay on in Swindon, watch the game & enjoy some hospitality.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #761 on: Monday, December 5, 2022, 11:22:25 »

We've (rightly in my mind) refused to change the kickoff time as it would potentially have put out our fans who have made travel arrangements etc.
I understand Wimbledon have withdrawn the request.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #762 on: Monday, December 5, 2022, 11:25:31 »

Makes sense. Yesterday many of there fans weren't terribly happy given they had already booked train tickets, etc.
------------
UPDATE: Discussions have taken place within the Club and it has been deemed that requesting to move the kick-off time for Swindon may be detrimental to fans who have already bought tickets and made travel arrangements 📢

The kick-off time will remain at 3pm.
« Last Edit: Monday, December 5, 2022, 11:29:33 by Batch » Logged
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #763 on: Monday, December 5, 2022, 11:30:52 »

With sub zero temperatures forecast Wednesday, Thursday & Friday there is a chance the game maybe called off due to a frozen pitch.

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #764 on: Monday, December 5, 2022, 11:36:48 »

Hadn't thought of that. -4 is about where the frost covers can cope isn't it. Right on the cusp (-5 to -8 is what I've read, spending on how good they are).
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 ... 73   Go Up
Print
Jump to: