Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 73   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official World Cup 2022 Thread  (Read 68634 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: Monday, November 28, 2022, 15:27:21 »

Not even sure they can be called football thugs when they are nowhere near a game😀
« Last Edit: Monday, November 28, 2022, 15:33:25 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: Monday, November 28, 2022, 16:22:28 »

Can always rely on Switzerland to bring the mood down.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: Monday, November 28, 2022, 17:29:43 »

I've not yet seen an outstanding team over 90 minutes Spain the pick of the bunch for me but only in patches.

So, give no fucks
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: Monday, November 28, 2022, 17:42:56 »

I've not yet seen an outstanding team over 90 minutes Spain the pick of the bunch for me but only in patches.

From what I have seen so far, the World Cup winner will come from Spain, Brazil or France. They have been a class apart so far. Will be interesting to see how they cope in the knock out stages as most teams will just sit back against them and hope to score a goal on the break.

I’m not a major fan of cup football for that reason as you can have a favourable draw or just play ultra defensive and go far in a tournament.

If I had the choice of watching Swindon win the premier league or champions league in my life time then the premier league wins all day long.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: Monday, November 28, 2022, 17:45:59 »

Good post my sentiments exactly.

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: Monday, November 28, 2022, 17:48:47 »

From what I have seen so far, the World Cup winner will come from Spain, Brazil or France. They have been a class apart so far. Will be interesting to see how they cope in the knock out stages as most teams will just sit back against them and hope to score a goal on the break.

I’m not a major fan of cup football for that reason as you can have a favourable draw or just play ultra defensive and go far in a tournament.

If I had the choice of watching Swindon win the premier league or champions league in my life time then the premier league wins all day long.

League 2 or the Wiltshire Trophy are probably a bit more realistic.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: Monday, November 28, 2022, 18:36:33 »

I have really enjoyed the world cup .  Some interesting games and upsets. you can also have a good laugh at those who think they know a lot more than experienced managers and professionals
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #502 on: Monday, November 28, 2022, 18:55:40 »

Interestingly, I love cup football for exactly the same reason. The best team doesn't always win, and everyone (well, nearly everyone) has a bit of hope. Obviously wouldn't turn my nose up at Town reaching the PL but we'd have no chance over a season. In this world cup, England look the 5th or 6th best team so far, but there's still a chance.

I guess it just comes to whether you want a 'fair' result in which case leagues tend to be right almost every time, or are fine with plenty of luck being involved.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: Monday, November 28, 2022, 20:12:52 »

Watching some of Portugal v Uruguay & hoping Portugal lose as Ronaldo is such an unlikeable cunt, and then remembering that Suarez (who is even more of a cunt) plays for Uruguay.

It’s like trying to choose between the piss stains & slave traders
« Last Edit: Monday, November 28, 2022, 20:19:13 by Posh Red » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #504 on: Monday, November 28, 2022, 20:23:12 »

soapy tit wank. good analogy
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: Monday, November 28, 2022, 20:43:40 »

Never a handball. The rules for handball have become ridiculous. Earlier in the tournament a volley smashed at a defender from just over 2 yards away was also given.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2022, 07:59:33 »

Today is the today. For us Taff's, it's more about the performance. Very very unlikely to go through, but stranger things have happened.

Think England are certainly beatable but not by 4 goals.

We need to drop Ramsey. Will Southgate make changes? I don't think. Maybe 1 or 2 but nothing major.

For England, not sure which team is preferred in the next round.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #507 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2022, 08:57:32 »

Play like we did on Friday then I don't see much point in progressing in this tournament.

On a side note,Cardiff v Leeds in the FA Cup too  Girl Giggle
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 29, 2022, 09:03:36 by 4D » Logged
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #508 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2022, 09:14:57 »

With the second round of fixtures complete, I think it gives a lot of context to England's uninspiring performance vs the US - only three sides (Brazil, France, Portugal) have two wins from two, and I think there are issues with all those sides. Spain look the best team so far, and yet dropped two points to Germany who got beaten by Japan who in turn were beaten by Costa Rica. It just seems that the fast turnarounds are causing some fairly unpredictable results, it'll be really interesting to see if the final round of fixtures sees the best teams really assert themselves or not.

As for today's games, Group A at 3pm - Ecuador vs Senegal is essentially winner goes through, loser goes out, with Netherlands playing Qatar meaning they really should top the group.

Then Group B at 7pm - on paper, almost an identical set up as Group A as Iran v US should be two relatively evenly matched sides going head to head for second. The Wales/England rivalry factor certainly adds a complication though. I'm not an England fan who dislikes the Welsh at all, I wish they could somehow progress along with us, but dispassionately, this isn't anything like the Wales team of four years ago who really could have given a good account of themselves. England should win comfortably, but it doesn't always work that way.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2022, 09:15:23 »

Think England are certainly beatable but not by 4 goals.

That's my thought, the Welsh *always* raise their game against us. ABE. But 4 goals, if that happens then something extraordinary unexpected must have happened - sending offs, penalties, etc. At least IMO

Play like we did on Friday then I don't see much point in progressing in this tournament.

Thing is, we've struggled through group stages before and picked up in knockout football. Nothing I saw v USA suggests that could happen, and yet we put 6 past Iran - so where do we lie?

I suggest closer to the USA game  based on recent form. But I don't know.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 73   Go Up
Print
Jump to: