Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 73   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official World Cup 2022 Thread  (Read 68681 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Friday, November 25, 2022, 20:49:10 »

Yeah, that works for me - never read or reply to my posts again. Thanks.

Same here mate no time for slimed digs

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Friday, November 25, 2022, 20:51:45 »

Did those two things I mentioned not happen?

Maybe we should have a National holiday with the other football giant Croatia.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Friday, November 25, 2022, 20:54:12 »

I wasn't at all impressed tonight but your right. That point takes us all but through. We will have to be much much better. I wonder if Southgate is saving Foden for the knock outs. To have not brought him on at all in either game is
a little bit baffling.

Quite frankly one poor group game is not likely to define our tournament.

The people going overboard about how poor England were tonight (and they were) and how rubbish they are and how Southgate is a poor manager - were the same people who peddled the same wrist slitting crap over a equally crap 0-0 draw with Scotland in the Euros. The same people who a week later were singing ‘footballs coming home’

Ultimately footballs a results business & Southgate has absolutely delivered when it’s matter so far - so no doubt in my mind people should be off his back for this tournament.

If we balls it up, then yeah let’s reassess but for now I think Southgate has done enough to be given the benefit of the doubt.

A lot of people lack the ability to take anything past or future into their thoughts - it’s all right here right now…and yes the game was dull but who fucking cares. No one in their right mind supports England (and Swindon for that matter) to be entertained. We support them because we want them to win.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Friday, November 25, 2022, 20:57:47 »

The people going overboard about how poor England were tonight (and they were) and how rubbish they are and how Southgate is a poor manager - were the same people who peddled the same wrist slitting crap over a equally crap 0-0 draw with Scotland in the Euros. The same people who a week later were singing ‘footballs coming home’

Ultimately footballs a results business & Southgate has absolutely delivered when it’s matter so far - so no doubt in my mind people should be off his back for this tournament.

If we balls it up, then yeah let’s reassess but for now I think Southgate has done enough to be given the benefit of the doubt.

A lot of people lack the ability to take anything past or future into their thoughts - it’s all right here right now…and yes the game was dull but who fucking cares. No one in their right mind supports England (and Swindon for that matter) to be entertained. We support them because we want them to win.

Every opinion as good as the next.
Tonight sums up the England Manager.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Friday, November 25, 2022, 21:01:25 »

Every opinion as good as the next.
Tonight sums up the England Manager.

It does, as someone who prioritises results ahead of performances. I get why people don't love it, and maybe with the talent level we have now, we don't need it. But top managers don't manage at international level these days, so who else gets the job? Can be sure that it wouldn't be a Pep, Klopp, Tuchel figure, even Potter has a better club gig now.

Would you take a Brendan Rogers? A Frank Lampard? Gerrard?  It doesn't feel like a deep pool of options.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Friday, November 25, 2022, 21:05:58 »

My point was it was against USA not Brazil and as well as they played we didn't go after them like a Klopp or Pep side would. All we hear through the media is how talented we are we'll give us someone in charge who wants to let them express themselves.

So, give no fucks
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Friday, November 25, 2022, 21:08:58 »

My point was it was against USA not Brazil and as well as they played we didn't go after them like a Klopp or Pep side would. All we hear through the media is how talented we are we'll give us someone in charge who wants to let them express themselves.

And who is that?

I'm not for one second saying that today was any good, but we scored six goals literally one game ago. We didn't go for the kill, but we didn't need to, and if we had and got caught out or someone tore a hamstring, we'd have been far worse off than we are just taking the draw. It was a dull, mechanical, joyless decision, but it wasn't trying to win and failing.

We did of course try Kevin Keegan, England manager, and it didn't go very well.
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Friday, November 25, 2022, 21:09:23 »

Christ- nil nil is not the end of the world
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Friday, November 25, 2022, 21:11:05 »

This. That was totally unacceptable with the talent at disposal.
The fact that it wasn’t working and how late it was left to make the changes against lesser opposition sums up who we have in charge.
Deserves all the shit tomorrow morning coming to him.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Friday, November 25, 2022, 21:11:38 »

Coz you never moan  Roll Eyes
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Friday, November 25, 2022, 21:11:43 »

If you're happy watching that shite carry on but can't see those tactics going far in the competition but hey happy to be proved wrong.

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Friday, November 25, 2022, 21:12:24 »

You are honestly the thickest cunt with regards to football I’ve ever known.

Love to meet you at the County ground

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Friday, November 25, 2022, 21:12:47 »

You are honestly the thickest cunt with regards to football I’ve ever known.

It’s called an opinion. We don’t always agree.
Show some respect and class Mate. No need for that.
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Friday, November 25, 2022, 21:13:33 »

I feel very sorry for those who seem to think that England have some sort of devine right to roll over all opposition
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Friday, November 25, 2022, 21:14:16 »

And who is that?

I'm not for one second saying that today was any good, but we scored six goals literally one game ago. We didn't go for the kill, but we didn't need to, and if we had and got caught out or someone tore a hamstring, we'd have been far worse off than we are just taking the draw. It was a dull, mechanical, joyless decision, but it wasn't trying to win and failing.

We did of course try Kevin Keegan, England manager, and it didn't go very well.

Add to that - that Iran are a decent side and likes of Germany and Argentina came unstuck against teams who rankings wise are worse than Iran.

I’d get the negativity if both games had been like tonight - but they haven’t been.

Plus the US have a decent team and despite football still being far from the most known/popular sport over there - it’s still huge, getting bigger and better. Just purely playing the population percentages the have a massive pool to pick from in theory.

They aren’t a minnow and I’m not sure why a lot on here and treating them as such.
« Last Edit: Friday, November 25, 2022, 21:16:39 by DiV » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 73   Go Up
Print
Jump to: