Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Crewe Alexandra pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 26329 times)
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 18:22:49 »

It's ok to change formation and tactics boss. We must be opponents ideal preparation/set up. This is what I find most frustrating.
''we don't change our tactics for anyone'' quote the other week annoyed me  Head Hurts

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 18:24:44 »

My question is what's going to change if we stick with Lindsey.

So, give no fucks
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 18:25:50 »

My question is what's going to change if we stick with Lindsey.

Nowt mate. He’s a clueless idiot.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 18:34:29 »

He comes across as a decent guy but they often don't make successful managers.

So, give no fucks
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 18:39:16 »

He comes across as a decent guy but they often don't make successful managers.

I think that hoddle, ardiles, macari and wellens were decent guys

McMahon wasnt so I hear
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 18:40:32 »

I think that hoddle, ardiles, macari and wellens were decent guys

McMahon wasnt so I hear

Stories about McMahon weren't good.

So, give no fucks
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 18:42:57 »

Nowt mate. He’s a clueless idiot.

Want him to succeed but cannot see him getting us promoted- too inexperienced and lacking consistency for a top 3 finish
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 18:44:23 »

We’ve changed formation and personnel enough so far this season to suggest Lindsey isn’t afraid to change it up.

Think currently he’s a bit hamstrung by injuries and Williams going to the World Cup.
Like previously when we’ve not played well we could see alternatives - be that personnel or formation but what could Lindsey have realistically done differently with today’s match day squad?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 18:45:28 »

Im sure I've heard this interview before!

So, give no fucks
adje

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 18:52:28 »

All well and good. Firstly we have to qualify to get in the PO. Secondly we have to overcome one of three teams equally as good as us (the table doesn’t lie), thirdly turn up on the day of the final to join the promotion party.

Tell me, how’s that looking right now? Now I know I’ve stated it’s my belief we will un cork the cheque book in January but let’s see how we’re placed on 01/01/23 then see who we get and who do we let go? After that it is the gunfight to the death up till May to secure that PO place. So many obstacles.

Edit. We could of course astound everyone and storm the league with who we have, that’s not looking to clever tonight as well.
It's looking like it always does. A thing worth winning. My point was you can't just dismiss the play offs as "not good enough" when there's a chance of winning em

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 18:54:49 »

Quote from: DiV
but what could Lindsey have realistically done differently with today’s match day squad?

4 at the back.
brought lavinier on and pushed Hutton wing.
brought on Reed
etc, etc.

apparently this squad has depth. we've only lost Williams and some center backs. So where is the depth?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 18:57:56 »

4 at the back.
brought on Reed
etc, etc.

apparently this squad has depth. we've only lost Williams and some center backs. So where is the depth?

Good points. Also why make the substitutions he did make so late in the game.

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 19:05:11 »

4 at the back.
brought on Reed
etc, etc.

Fair but not sure any of that would have made us more potent upfront or turned Iandolo into a footballer or given us any additional outlet other than Hutton.

Just as example. If Shade had been on the bench he probably could have come on for Iandolo and added something different. Or maybe you could have put him through the middle and moved Wakeling wide left.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 19:08:52 »

There is depth, but it's all the same level and same type of player.  We have recruited a bunch of players on the hope they will develop but I just don't see enough of a talent level to compete for the top 3 positions.

We simply don't have any players that change us from what we start with.  We don't have any game breakers.

Ending up in the Play Offs is not to be sniffed at, but we look like a team that's in a bunch trying to get into them, not a team scrapping for the Automatic spots that just falls short and ends up in the Play Offs.

The hope is we continue to get points with what we have and stay in touch until January and then invest.  I just don't think we will - the entire summer showed us we shouldn't get our hopes up on investing in players who are geared up to have a crack at the top of this league this season.  Everything is about seeing if we can polish players who haven't quite made it yet but are young enough that we might get lucky.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 19:14:21 »

An example for me on the squad talent level is that I think a player like Davison would improve our front line.  He is not, n my opinion, good enough for the next level up, so the fact I'd have him in our team right now shows we are just not good enough (when assessing our talent vs a top 3 team).
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: