Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Crewe Alexandra pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 26639 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 16:32:53 »

Crewe have not had a single yellow for timewasting, which is absolutely masterful work from them to be fair.

Mad considering they’ve been time wasting right from the start. Even before they’d even got into our half let alone scored.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 16:33:15 »

they was fucking awful
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 16:33:33 »

Fuck it piss poor again time for Lindsey to go as nothing is going to change with him in charge. We need somone who can motivate and organise this group of players otherwise we're a mid table team going nowhere.

So, give no fucks
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 16:34:40 »

What a crock of shit.

I know I sound like a broken record this season, but we are just not good enough and that itself is not good enough.  We have assembled a semi competent L2 team that can win some, but there isn't a team fighting for the top 3 who would be worried about us.  To not be in the equation for that fight is what irritates me, at this level.  I repeat, I am not saying we are a bad team, just not good enough for what we should be in a second season at the bottom level with the revenue we would have pulled in, regardless of the debts.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 16:35:40 »

Fuck it piss poor again time for Lindsey to go as nothing is going to change with him in charge. We need somone who can motivate and organise this group of players otherwise we're a mid table team going nowhere.

Harsh on the Manager, there really isn't that much to work with.  Adeloye was our only attacking option really and he managed to avoid being involved in the game entirely bar falling over a couple of times.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 16:35:46 »

That was deeply frustrating. Don't be distracted by the ref there, we were architects, planning consultants and builders of our own downfall. Crewe were well organised in defence to be fair, but we're very predictable and very bad at converting the crosses. It's square pegs in round holes all over our attack at the moment and Lindsay clearly doesn't trust anyone on the bench. Not good.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 16:41:04 »

Harsh on the Manager, there really isn't that much to work with.  Adeloye was our only attacking option really and he managed to avoid being involved in the game entirely bar falling over a couple of times.

It's all about opinions but I disagree. Reed is a shadow of a player from last season what's happened to him, Wakeling has great potential and Jephcott was sought after by many teams. Today we had 70% possession and should be beating teams like Crewe convincingly considering we still have a decent midfield on paper even without Williams.

So, give no fucks
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 16:41:32 »

The mistake for the pen really played into their hands. Meant they did not have to force anything. Shit moment for Darcy, but he has been a net benefit this season.

Our style of play does not do well against anyone not trying to attack. Too immobile, too one dimensional, and too conservative a lot of the time as well.

Not sure with the personnel we have what could be done much differently. Formation shift would have been nice to see I guess.

What sort of player would people like to see come in, in the window?

For me it would be someone with some pace that wants to take on his man through the middle.

Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 16:42:18 »

Darcy, Khan and Iandolo offered absolutely nothing today.

Iandolo has played 100 odd games for Swindon. It's pretty clear that if he's starting we're struggling.

Need Joniesta back big time.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 16:43:40 »

That definitely needed changing earlier but not sure what Lindsey could do with the options available

Iandolo was fucking turgid but who else was there?

The only change we could have really made was earlier was getting Reed on but not sure that would have helped us look any more threatening.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 16:47:17 »

Officials were terrible and Crewe the biggest bunch of cheats I’ve ever seen.

That said we just aren’t good enough- 1 point from 2 home games just isn’t acceptable if we want to challenge for top 3. Not enough strength in depth I’m afraid to have any chance of promotion this season
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 16:47:56 »

It's all about opinions but I disagree. Reed is a shadow of a player from last season what's happened to him, Wakeling has great potential and Jephcott was sought after by many teams. Today we had 70% possession and should be beating teams like Crewe convincingly considering we still have a decent midfield on paper even without Williams.

And most weeks we will win these games - hence why we are 7th.  The team is not goo enough to compete for the top three, as things stand, that is my frustration.

Jephcott is meh - can probably get on the end of some chances but he doesn't offer enough beyond that.  You can carry that type of player when someone is bullying the defence around him I think, but Wakeling isn't going to ever be able to do that job.  As a pair, they don't look threatening enough and Wakeling is the better prospect.

Who else can we bring on up front?

We don't have anyone in midfield who offers something different.  Reed is not going to make us suddenly more dynamic, he will offer more  of what we already have.

Iandolo is a decent pro, not much more than that.

Not a single central defender who can take a defence by the scruff of the neck.  Clayton is a good talent, but we really lack a presence and organiser of the team.

Nobody on the subs bench offers much more than we what the first XI provide.

It's a whole lot of OKness.

The sky is not falling, but it's really irritating that we do not seem to have assembled a top three challenging squad.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 16:48:13 »

I back Lindsay, but quite how you can go from the best performance of the season playing 4-4-2 diamond to the next 2 league games, 3-5-2 is beyond me.

It's meant we've played Harries and not Reed. Which fails the common sense test
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 16:48:46 »

Oh dear
Real poor performance
Simply not good and will be interesting how SL will describe this bad set back.
Clear for everyone to see this squad is missing Payne. An experience general who can drive forward.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 16:49:14 »

The mistake for the pen really played into their hands. Meant they did not have to force anything. Shit moment for Darcy, but he has been a net benefit this season.

Our style of play does not do well against anyone not trying to attack. Too immobile, too one dimensional, and too conservative a lot of the time as well.

Not sure with the personnel we have what could be done much differently. Formation shift would have been nice to see I guess.

What sort of player would people like to see come in, in the window?

For me it would be someone with some pace that wants to take on his man through the middle.

If I were the gaffer I would have definitely hooked Iandolo for Adeloye and pushed Wakeling wide left. He at least has the ability and close control to get past people.

….or even pushed FBT out there.

All he did was cut inside and run/pass it sideways or hit the first man - and on occasion cross to exactly where there wasn’t a red shirt within 10 yards

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: