Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England squad announced (WC 22)  (Read 7578 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« on: Thursday, November 10, 2022, 13:46:19 »

England squad
Goalkeepers: Jordan Pickford (Everton), Nick Pope (Newcastle), Aaron Ramsdale (Arsenal)

Defenders: Harry Maguire, Luke Shaw (both Manchester United), Eric Dier (Tottenham), John Stones, Kyle Walker (both Manchester City), Kieran Trippier (Newcastle), Conor Coady (Everton), Ben White (Arsenal), Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool)

Midfielders: Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund), Mason Mount, Conor Gallagher (both Chelsea), Declan Rice (West Ham), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Kalvin Phillips (Manchester City)

Forwards: James Maddison (Leicester), Phil Foden, Jack Grealish (both Manchester City), Harry Kane (Tottenham), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Raheem Sterling (Chelsea), Callum Wilson (Newcastle), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, November 10, 2022, 14:13:22 »

I'd probably have taken Tomori and Toney, but as ever the complaints are about picks who are only ever going to sit on the bench anyway. It's a good enough squad, although losing James is a blow.

Can't say I'm super enthused about the WC right now, but I'll probably come round to it by the time the games start.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, November 10, 2022, 14:45:29 »

Never been so disinterested in a World Cup that we have qualified for ever.

Partly because of it being played in Winter while the season goes on here and partly because we are not exactly playing very good football now unlike 2 years ago.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, November 10, 2022, 14:47:33 »

I'll see the England games and that's it. 3 games  Smiley
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, November 10, 2022, 15:14:17 »

Never been so disinterested in a World Cup that we have qualified for ever.

Partly because of it being played in Winter while the season goes on here and partly because we are not exactly playing very good football now unlike 2 years ago.

Same JJ. A winter world cup just isn't cricket. (Thankfully as that's an even worse watch) When the World Cup is on in the summer, the build up starts almost a month in advance, the weather is warming up and excitement is palpable around the place. This time the whole thing is just wrong, wrong time, wrong location, very muted build up. It almost seems like a crappy mid-season pre-season competition which is just getting in the way of the football season.

It's a bit hypocritical from me because all that being said, will probably tune in to most of the group games and go from there (which probably means watching the whole blessed thing!)

England have stunk the place out recently and I can see a repeat of that World Cup where Rooney moaned about the fans (2006 was it?) and we finish third in the group behind USA and bloody Wales!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, November 10, 2022, 15:18:17 »

Buzzing - cant wait for this to get going
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, November 10, 2022, 17:13:40 »

Will watch as much as I can, but not feeling the buzz due to the time of year.

I know we haven't played that well in the Nations League this year, but let's face it, they're the International equivalent of the PJT and he was experimenting somewhat, so i'll take that with a pinch of salt and trust the guy who has got us to a World Cup semi-final and a Euros final in the last two tournaments.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, November 10, 2022, 18:08:29 »

I’m in Morocco for a cheeky bit of early winter UV just as the knock out stages start. Can’t wait. For the break and the footie.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, November 10, 2022, 20:26:34 »

Meh, will see how England do.

Not gonna make any presumption about the squad / players / how England have been playing.
Fact of the matter is; we’ve done well the last two tournaments so Southgate absolutely deserves another run at one.

Although Kalvin Phillips can’t have played much this season?
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, November 10, 2022, 20:42:29 »

Christ - its the world cup. If that doesnt get you going you cant be a football fan
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, November 11, 2022, 12:43:19 »

Christ - its the world cup. If that doesnt get you going you cant be a football fan

Its in Qatar in November/December. Its sacrilege.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #11 on: Friday, November 11, 2022, 12:47:14 »

Its in Qatar in November/December. Its sacrilege.
Agreed.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, November 11, 2022, 13:32:37 »

I would actually suggest the complete opposite of that, most of the people I know who are most into football are pretty meh about international football, even world cups, in my family/peer circle its the casual once every 2 years fan who seems to like them.

P.S. Not meant remotely as an insult, each to their own and all that jazz.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, November 11, 2022, 13:42:17 »

I love the world cup usually. Not bothered at all about this one. Doesn't help England seem to have gone back to Roy Hodgeson era of bland boring shiteness after a period of being ok.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, November 11, 2022, 13:46:32 »

I would actually suggest the complete opposite of that, most of the people I know who are most into football are pretty meh about international football, even world cups, in my family/peer circle its the casual once every 2 years fan who seems to like them.

P.S. Not meant remotely as an insult, each to their own and all that jazz.

wow Horlock, what an absolutely staggering admission that you, most of your family and friends and even your peers are not and can no longer be described as football fans.

You must be hurting big time with that admission.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: