Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Tranmere Rovers pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 23036 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, November 9, 2022, 12:59:29 »

With a good run of results I do also think we could easily get into the autos, the standard of the league this season for me is weaker than last season.

We just need consistancy.

Agreed.

I call it end of November and i havent been wrong yet...without predicting the exact position. I said we would just miss out last November...Hate myself for being right!

Auto promotion is there for the taking for sure.

Clems Army!
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, November 9, 2022, 13:50:42 »

Agreed.

I call it end of November and i havent been wrong yet...without predicting the exact position. I said we would just miss out last November...Hate myself for being right!

Auto promotion is there for the taking for sure.

you were 3 penalty misses away from being wrong. its got to be there this time and i would think the board would want to strengthen in january this time to ensure it does happen
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, November 9, 2022, 13:56:33 »

If you give benefit of the doubt of dropping out the cups - at least we can concentrate on the league - tolerence for inconsistency starts to drop, epecially in this xmas run up.

Stregthening in january is easier to call for if it's a no brainer to strengthen auto claim, rather than investing for a risky playoff chance.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, November 9, 2022, 20:32:49 »

Quote from: RedRag
1-0 (Adeloye)

no need to take the piss 😁
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, November 9, 2022, 22:16:17 »

With a good run of results I do also think we could easily get into the autos, the standard of the league this season for me is weaker than last season.

We just need consistancy.

And some new blood in January. With the Twine, McKirdy and Williams windfalls they can’t say we don’t have the funds.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, November 10, 2022, 04:55:34 »

I’d imagine the Twine/McKirdy money has already been allocated/spent. That lump of debt reduction probably.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, November 10, 2022, 09:21:38 »

Clear the debts is number 1 priority after selling a player.

I would prefer to have a club rather than a star player.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, November 10, 2022, 09:30:46 »

I’d imagine the Twine/McKirdy money has already been allocated/spent. That lump of debt reduction probably.

Possibly, however, until that money is in the bank you’d be foolhardy to count it into a budget.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, November 10, 2022, 09:37:25 »

Whilst I agree that clearing the debts (especially given the increasing interest rates) is absolutely the number 1 priority there definitely needs to be some element of investing for the future and building on the good crowds we've been enjoying recently. Given the debt trajectory seen in the Advisory Board minutes, we are on track to get debt free by the end of this season, especially with the Williams/Jojo windfall that I assume were not budgeted for.

It will be interesting to see how our recruitment goes in January, we already have a decent looking squad, some of it depends on any loan recalls but we are in a fairly good place and adding a couple might be all we need to push on towards promotion. Perhaps the club also might want to look towards tying players like Clayton etc onto longer term deals.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, November 10, 2022, 09:42:12 »

Whilst I agree that clearing the debts (especially given the increasing interest rates) is absolutely the number 1 priority there definitely needs to be some element of investing for the future and building on the good crowds we've been enjoying recently. Given the debt trajectory seen in the Advisory Board minutes, we are on track to get debt free by the end of this season, especially with the Williams/Jojo windfall that I assume were not budgeted for.

It will be interesting to see how our recruitment goes in January, we already have a decent looking squad, some of it depends on any loan recalls but we are in a fairly good place and adding a couple might be all we need to push on towards promotion. Perhaps the club also might want to look towards tying players like Clayton etc onto longer term deals.

And offload some ‘dead wood’. Players who since arriving have not shown what the ‘moneyball’ system suggested were a good punt.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, November 10, 2022, 09:46:48 »

If we are losing, can we switch the floodlights off again?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, November 10, 2022, 11:04:50 »

surely the McKirdy cash will be used to fund jephcott should we activate the purchase clause .

Twine money will have gone part on playing budget, part on debt.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, November 10, 2022, 11:06:21 »

Quote from: Legends-Lounge
And offload some ‘dead wood’. Players who since arriving have not shown what the ‘moneyball’ system suggested were a good punt.

I'm sure we will if we can. Who will buy them though
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, November 10, 2022, 11:14:28 »

surely the McKirdy cash will be used to fund jephcott should we activate the purchase clause .

Twine money will have gone part on playing budget, part on debt.

Only debt that has an element of interest attached or impedes the club would, should and has been paid. The rest in due course under a managed payment plan. Leaving as much liquid money as possible. Getting out of this league has to be and mo doubt is a priority. The only way that happens is with better players, which is where every spare penny should be spent. Money like success attracts money and success. Only paying what you need to when you need this the key to fiscal prudence.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, November 10, 2022, 11:21:16 »

I'm sure we will if we can. Who will buy them though

Who are we talking here? Harries and Adeloye I presume?

Harries is only on a year deal so potentially we could mutually agree to terminate his contract so he can get a national side, or we could loan him to a national side with them picking up a % of his wages, so they get a 6 month 'trial' as he's almost certainly not going to get a contract extension in July. Tomi is on a 2 year deal and I still think he hasn't really been given enough of a crack of the whip to tell whether he is a total cart-horse or not. Again, perhaps a loan to a National league side for 6 months could work for him?

Am I forgetting anyone (i'm sure I almost certainly am!)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: