Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Tranmere Rovers pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 23580 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, November 10, 2022, 12:28:14 »

Only debt that has an element of interest attached or impedes the club would, should and has been paid. The rest in due course under a managed payment plan. Leaving as much liquid money as possible. Getting out of this league has to be and mo doubt is a priority. The only way that happens is with better players, which is where every spare penny should be spent. Money like success attracts money and success. Only paying what you need to when you need this the key to fiscal prudence.

Agree.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, November 10, 2022, 12:31:30 »

Who are we talking here? Harries and Adeloye I presume?

I keep saying Harries is the worst of the new batch of signings but I honestly forgot Adeloye existed. Different positions but equally baffling.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, November 10, 2022, 12:47:45 »

I wasn't really thinking in specific players, more just a general point that if there is 'dead wood' to be got rid of them there won't be a big queue.

Feel bad for Harries but he looked nowhere near. I don't get a warm feeling for Adeloye, but he's not had much game time either
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, November 10, 2022, 13:05:57 »

I keep saying Harries is the worst of the new batch of signings but I honestly forgot Adeloye existed. Different positions but equally baffling.

Harries was allegedly a Garner signing which makes sense as his only attribute appears to be his passing. (which hasn't been that good either)

I wasn't really thinking in specific players, more just a general point that if there is 'dead wood' to be got rid of them there won't be a big queue.

Feel bad for Harries but he looked nowhere near. I don't get a warm feeling for Adeloye, but he's not had much have time either

I'm not sure there is a huge pile of dead wood about, unfortunately the longer the season goes poor Frenchie is looking like he might be 'boie mort' if he continues to put in merde performances.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, November 10, 2022, 14:32:23 »

Only debt that has an element of interest attached or impedes the club would, should and has been paid. The rest in due course under a managed payment plan. Leaving as much liquid money as possible. Getting out of this league has to be and mo doubt is a priority. The only way that happens is with better players, which is where every spare penny should be spent. Money like success attracts money and success. Only paying what you need to when you need this the key to fiscal prudence.

Half the debt is interest free - loans from the EFL (three years to pay it back, so it will be around for a while yet).  While the majority of the rest is contract disputes, which you would hope we won't need to pay all of it back, otherwise, why is it in dispute?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, November 10, 2022, 17:38:58 »

Conner Brann dislocated his knee at Stockport.

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, November 10, 2022, 18:05:05 »

Half the debt is interest free - loans from the EFL (three years to pay it back, so it will be around for a while yet).  While the majority of the rest is contract disputes, which you would hope we won't need to pay all of it back, otherwise, why is it in dispute?

With all due respect, we all ought to know the EFL and hardship loans were interest free, so those were the ones I referred to as keeping them on the books with a payment plan. The other debts which attract interest and impede our credit rating are the ones to pay down ASAP. Which it would appear we have and then as you alluded to the ones where we are fighting back via the legal process to defend, which IIRC the club have said there is monies put aside to pay if we have to. All in all all good in da hood. Innit?

When we talk about our curren financial situation it is no longer with wide eyed panic or a sense of fuck me here we go again. Take out the Citeh ‘windfall’ and you have a semi ordinary season (play offs and associated income from slightly higher gate receipts towards the back end of the season), then when you factor in the debts that have been paid off and operating costs kind of putting aside out diggers initial cash injection to get us out the shyte and keep the ball rolling, you then get to see how much Pee Lower was taking from the club, every fucking year.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, November 10, 2022, 23:18:19 »

With all due respect, we all ought to know the EFL and hardship loans were interest free, so those were the ones I referred to as keeping them on the books with a payment plan. The other debts which attract interest and impede our credit rating are the ones to pay down ASAP. Which it would appear we have and then as you alluded to the ones where we are fighting back via the legal process to defend, which IIRC the club have said there is monies put aside to pay if we have to. All in all all good in da hood. Innit?

When we talk about our curren financial situation it is no longer with wide eyed panic or a sense of fuck me here we go again. Take out the Citeh ‘windfall’ and you have a semi ordinary season (play offs and associated income from slightly higher gate receipts towards the back end of the season), then when you factor in the debts that have been paid off and operating costs kind of putting aside out diggers initial cash injection to get us out the shyte and keep the ball rolling, you then get to see how much Pee Lower was taking from the club, every fucking year.

With all due respect? what are you on about, I can not see a point in your ramblings
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, November 11, 2022, 01:12:57 »

With all due respect? what are you on about, I can not see a point in your ramblings

You’re in good company. They’re also special.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, November 11, 2022, 09:07:32 »

Should Jonny Williams play tomorrow?
There must be a temptation by the club to protect the money so to speak.

If he does play, then there'll be a collective wince every time he gets clipped.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, November 11, 2022, 09:14:11 »

Lindsey didn’t sound certain, either. Also hinted FBT could play CB - probably in place of Baudry.

Angus and Clayton progressing ahead of schedule. Looking for a freebie keeper.

Tough game tomorrow. I’ll forego my usual piece of piss 4-1 for a more prosaic 3-1.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, November 11, 2022, 11:17:54 »

Should Jonny Williams play tomorrow?
There must be a temptation by the club to protect the money so to speak.

If he does play, then there'll be a collective wince every time he gets clipped.

Probably spend most of his time on the deck looking for fouls.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #42 on: Friday, November 11, 2022, 11:35:00 »

I’ll forego my usual piece of piss 4-1 for a more prosaic 3-1.

Cheesy
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #43 on: Friday, November 11, 2022, 12:03:02 »

I didn't realise that they had signed Jordan Turnbull in the Summer.

Thier results this season have been...(most recent at the top)

L Carlisle      2-1 Tranmere *FA
D Tranmere  0-0 Stockport
L Tranmere   0-2 Carlisle
D Tranmere  1-1 Rochdale
D Harrogate 1-1 Tranmere
W Crewe      0-1 Tranmere *PJT
W Tranmere 3-0 Crewe
W Sutton     0-2 Tranmere
L Tranmere  3-5 Leeds *PJT
W Tranmere 1-0 Barrow
W Walsall     0-1 Tranmere
W Salford    0-1 Tranmere
L Tranmere  1-2 Bradford
L Orient       2-0 Tranmere
W Tranmere  2-0 Colchester
L Tranmere   1-2 Newcastle *LC
L Newport     2-1 Tranmere
D Hartlepool 0-0 Tranmere
W Tranmere  3-0 Gillingham
D Accrington 2-2 *LC
L Mansfield   1-0 Tranmere
L Tranmere   1-2 Stevenage

Their leading scorers are Elliott Nevitt on 5, Kane Hemmings and Josh Hawkes on 4 with 7 players on a single goal. Nevitt won POTY last season in his first season as a league player aged 25, he also won goal on the month for January. Nevitt had a great rise from playing just a year and a half ago in the Northern Premier League Division One West for Warrington Rylands and has scored 14 goals in 67 appearances since then.

In the league they currently sit in 10th place, 4 places lower than Swindon with 7 wins, 4 draws and 6 defeats, scoring 18 and conceding 13 goals.

They havent won in the league in the last 4 games drawing 3 of those. Tranmere have kept 9 clean sheets so far this season and are very hard to break down having conceded only 13 times in the league, which is the 2nd lowest total in L2 only behind Orient on 11.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, November 11, 2022, 20:44:19 »

The Hibs money for Harry is being paid in instalments. If he is having as bad a time up there as the press suggests and either he walks or is pushed before the instalments are paid. Where does that leave us? Can Hi s refuse to stump up the rest as they didn’t get what they thought they were buying.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: