Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Colchester United pre match chat and matchday thread 22/23  (Read 25215 times)
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Sunday, October 16, 2022, 00:40:25 »

Molepar
The highlights looked to me that the two Colchester players were obstructing MB from getting to the ball.
In my eyes no way was that was illegal play. As said, if anything the two defenders were obstructing and interfering with the play. 
Goal everyday of the week.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Sunday, October 16, 2022, 06:20:13 »

I think the goal yesterday actually sums up what our problem is.

A great ball from Jephcott out wide to Williams from just inside their half but surely Jephcott should be the one in the area waiting for the cross not Shade. We never seem to have enough bodies in the area for the amount of crosses we get in. The slow, often laborious, build up play keeps our forward players from actually attacking the 6 yard 📦
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Sunday, October 16, 2022, 06:52:02 »

A man and his lad sat behind me kept calling Aguiar “Ay-gar” mildly annoyed me
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Sunday, October 16, 2022, 08:21:45 »

A win is a win.
Games where only one team is prepared to play are generally not great spectacles.
Didn't take long to take the view of don't do anything silly and the game is in the bag.
The disallowed goal would be much more of a talking point had they equalised, but what a great header to stick it in the far corner above the defender on the line.

Expected more from an experienced Colchester.
Packing a squad with journeymen is going out of fashion I suspect.
Sitting back with little or no press is not the way to go against us, maybe they don't have the legs to take that approach.
Teams that are brave & forward thinking away from home will get the rewards at this level.

Always good to see the change of approach from a previously glacial goalkeeper once their team goes behind.
Normally not a fan of the reluctance of our ball boys & girls to return the ball to the opposition, but fully on board with it for that last 30mins yesterday.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Sunday, October 16, 2022, 08:56:35 »

A great ball from Jephcott out wide to Williams from just inside their half but surely Jephcott should be the one in the area waiting for the cross not Shade. We never seem to have enough bodies in the area for the amount of crosses we get in. The slow, often laborious, build up play keeps our forward players from actually attacking the 6 yard 📦

Agreed with this. Said at half time yesterday that we may as well go 4-4-2 as they offered absolutely nothing and I didn’t feel threatened. Insistence on 4-3-3 seem to be stuck in it.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Sunday, October 16, 2022, 09:03:16 »

We’ve moved Wakeling out wide to accommodate Jephcott in the middle.
To me, Wakeling is that player who will get in the box and get on the end of things. As he was before when we was playing central and McKirdy was here and playing out wide.

Maybe it is time to try Jephcott & Wakeling as a front two. Just not sure how we’d then line up in midfield.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Sunday, October 16, 2022, 09:04:17 »

Quote from: JoeMezz
Need to start being more clinical as had a lot of chances and should have been out of sight. 

Joe, don't take this the wrong way, but what were the good chances?

The jephcott chance was brilliant saved. The shade chance was scored. And we had a few long shots from Darcy and one from iandolo.

We did get into some very good positions throughout the match, just didn't capitalise. Maybe this is where you are coming from (I agree). But I also accept my view of the game can be quite different to others!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Sunday, October 16, 2022, 09:11:08 »

Quote from: DiV
To me, Wakeling is that player who will get in the box and get on the end of things. As he was before when we was playing central and McKirdy was here and playing out wide.

Maybe it is time to try Jephcott & Wakeling as a front two. Just not sure how we’d then line up in midfield.

Amen! At least try it. Last week was the week, we literally had nothing to lose.

if have gone 2 up yesterday too in the second half. But if the 2 I'd have hauled Jephcott off and tried Wakeling running in behind.

If you aren't going to do that, at least push wakeling up from deep like we did with McKirdy and Barry last year

Killer pass aside I didn't see what Jephcott was offering yesterday, not like he was bringing others in running of him. But others have him as having a good game?!

All in all he's so far been a massive disappointment to me. But I don't blame him as such, he's working his arse off. It's being isolated that's the issue.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Sunday, October 16, 2022, 09:16:09 »

I'd be tempted to try a proper 4 4 2 away from home with Hutton on the right wing, Iandolo on the left wing, Lavinier at right back and Khan and Reed in the middle. Would mean leaving out both Williams and Gladwin but don't think I'd consider playing them in a two man midfield. Maybe something to try whilst Williams is at the world cup.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Sunday, October 16, 2022, 09:36:37 »

Amen! At least try it. Last week was the week, we literally had nothing to lose.

if have gone 2 up yesterday too in the second half. But if the 2 I'd have hauled Jephcott off and tried Wakeling running in behind.

If you aren't going to do that, at least push wakeling up from deep like we did with McKirdy and Barry last year

Killer pass aside I didn't see what Jephcott was offering yesterday, not like he was bringing others in running of him. But others have him as having a good game?!

All in all he's so far been a massive disappointment to me. But I don't blame him as such, he's working his arse off. It's being isolated that's the issue.

I said as much during the game that I would have taken Jephcott off and bought Shade on to move Wakeling central.

Then Jephcott did one good pass and people spunked over it.
So far - think we are worse off for having Wakeling wide rather than in the box.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #295 on: Sunday, October 16, 2022, 09:55:02 »

44FUCKING2

Brynn

Devinier      Baudry/McD      Clayton       FBT
    Hutton             Reed     Khan         Shade
                    Jephcott       Wakeling

Harsh on Gladwin but can't see where he fits in a 4 man midfield.

Edit: Guess you could play Gladders at right midfield with Hutton/Devinier bombing past him?

TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Sunday, October 16, 2022, 09:56:08 »

A win is a win.
Games where only one team is prepared to play are generally not great spectacles.
Didn't take long to take the view of don't do anything silly and the game is in the bag.
The disallowed goal would be much more of a talking point had they equalised, but what a great header to stick it in the far corner above the defender on the line.

Expected more from an experienced Colchester.
Packing a squad with journeymen is going out of fashion I suspect.
Sitting back with little or no press is not the way to go against us, maybe they don't have the legs to take that approach.
Teams that are brave & forward thinking away from home will get the rewards at this level.

Always good to see the change of approach from a previously glacial goalkeeper once their team goes behind.
Normally not a fan of the reluctance of our ball boys & girls to return the ball to the opposition, but fully on board with it for that last 30mins yesterday.

Spot on and this league is full of shite and why we need to get out of it.

Very similar to the Doncaster game, saying to my lad if we score we win the game.
I am still a little concerned with the defence pairing after losing MacDonald, particularly when teams actually run at us. Second half Baudry almost static as their player just dropped his shoulder. Against better sides we still look vulnerable.

From what I have seen the quality this season compared to last has dropped.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Sunday, October 16, 2022, 09:58:13 »

44FUCKING2

Brynn

Devinier      Baudry/McD      Clayton       FBT
    Hutton             Reed     Khan         Shade
                    Jephcott       Wakeling

Both Jephcott and Wakeling would benefit in my opinion from a traditional two up top.
No way though can you replace Gladwin at present, that is a headache.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Sunday, October 16, 2022, 10:10:15 »

44FUCKING2

Brynn

Devinier      Baudry/McD      Clayton       FBT
    Hutton             Reed     Khan         Shade
                    Jephcott       Wakeling

Edit: Guess you could play Gladders at right midfield with Hutton/Devinier bombing past him?

Or play Gladwin instead of Reed?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Sunday, October 16, 2022, 10:13:36 »

Maybe Iandolo in place of shade

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: