Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Colchester United pre match chat and matchday thread 22/23  (Read 25209 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Sunday, October 16, 2022, 10:24:55 »

Quote from: Jimmy QuitMoaning
Maybe Iandolo in place of shade

I don't get the iandolo love in.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Sunday, October 16, 2022, 10:25:25 »

I wonder if having Hutton & Shade as wing backs would work then you could still have a three man midfield and two up front…wait…
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Sunday, October 16, 2022, 10:26:07 »

His misses however, Jesus Christ   Jawdrop
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Sunday, October 16, 2022, 10:28:41 »

I think as an ML he'd make sense, he's one of our better crossers of the ball. Agree he's not shone yet this season as a substitute though.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #304 on: Sunday, October 16, 2022, 10:31:55 »

Or play Gladwin instead of Reed?

I think Gladwin is too loose with the ball to play in a dm 2
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Sunday, October 16, 2022, 10:37:58 »

I don't get the shade love either a fit attacking Iandolo every time for me😀

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Sunday, October 16, 2022, 10:44:09 »

Quote from: Nemo
I think as an ML he'd make sense, he's one of our better crossers of the ball. Agree he's not shone yet this season as a substitute though.

in fairness his season hasn't really started yet

I see him as a steady lower league something*. Nothing wrong with that. But the hype with some seems to be 'best left side midfielder in the league'

*still not sure what

Anyway, not even sure why I'm bringing it up
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Sunday, October 16, 2022, 10:54:47 »

Another option for a Wakeling & Jephcott front two would be to revisit 3 at the back.
This time try Gladwin in the middle of the three or just in front.
Wing back options look better and perm 3 from 4 for the midfield.

Heresy I know but could work in some situations.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #308 on: Sunday, October 16, 2022, 11:45:09 »

I'd be tempted to try a proper 4 4 2 away from home with Hutton on the right wing, Iandolo on the left wing, Lavinier at right back and Khan and Reed in the middle. Would mean leaving out both Williams and Gladwin but don't think I'd consider playing them in a two man midfield. Maybe something to try whilst Williams is at the world cup.
This is exactly the line up that myself and Batch have debated on recently, 2 defensive minded midfielders but with 2 up top and letting Williams and Shade/Hutton as out and out wingers in a 442 with Lavernier at RB.

I think also that Shade may make a good 2nd striker/number 10 as he looks better actually in the box rather than floating around outside of it. Get in the box and create havoc with his fast feet and shots which when they are outside the box seem to be far more wayward.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #309 on: Sunday, October 16, 2022, 11:47:22 »

I think Gladwin is too loose with the ball to play in a dm 2
This, however Gladwin has been excellent recently but I thought he was very poor yesterday and 80% of his corners were absolutely wasted.

Iandolo is not the solution either.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
doomster

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Sunday, October 16, 2022, 15:17:18 »

As it goes with current squad the formation we had yesterday is about as good as you’ll get.  Cant realistically play two up top with neither having much height.  Khan adds more protection than Reid as holding midfielder.  It doesn’t totally feel right but without a big target man our options become quite limited.  One of the failings of buying players based upon fifa21 statistics I guess.

Need to develop a way of beating top 6 teams two of next three coming up will tell us if we are destined for mid table or play off contenders
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Sunday, October 16, 2022, 16:07:13 »

4:4:2 could accommodate Reed and Khan in CM and Wakeling playing more centrally.  Would lose out on the press, but there are always trade-offs.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Sunday, October 16, 2022, 16:07:50 »

As it goes with current squad the formation we had yesterday is about as good as you’ll get.  Cant realistically play two up top with neither having much height.  Khan adds more protection than Reid as holding midfielder.  It doesn’t totally feel right but without a big target man our options become quite limited.  One of the failings of buying players based upon fifa21 statistics I guess.

Need to develop a way of beating top 6 teams two of next three coming up will tell us if we are destined for mid table or play off contenders

Bradford and Mansfield away will more likely show whether we have a realistic chance of top 3, or more likely play off contenders.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Sunday, October 16, 2022, 16:29:47 »

Short memories from a lot on here. Ellis was fantastic last season. I'm not seeing much in Blake Tracey that I don't thunk that ellis can do. Especially not in the crossing and through ball department.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Sunday, October 16, 2022, 16:32:30 »

it's just me to be fair. He was good in midfield last year.

I'll disagree at left back.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: