Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Grimsby Town vs Swindon Town matchday thread  (Read 16201 times)
molepar

Ignore
« on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 08:08:01 »

This is my first time starting one of these. Heading into this with back to back wins and possibly some signs of sustained improvement and playing identity on the pitch? I am going to stay with a friend in Leeds this evening and then will get started on the beers fairly promptly tomorrow. Any idea how many we have sold? COYR  Pint
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 08:10:21 »

Grimsby are like us last season, ace on the road but meh at home.

Grim 1-2 Swindon att: 6,945 (534 away)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« Reply #2 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 09:00:45 »

0-0 in front of 6,489 with 505 Swindonians there.

Khan MotM.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 09:04:50 »

The scatter graphs have us well matched so I'm going for a one each. Jakey Wakey to score. 6105 with 523 away fans.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 10:12:51 »

Grimsbly can't seem to win at home, but don't concede many goals either.
I reckon we can nick this 1-0.

IanRush Hepburn-Murphy with a late winner from the bench.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 10:14:18 »

Grimsby on as good, if not better, run as us.Also unbeaten at home. Draw would be good,a win,splendid
« Last Edit: Friday, September 23, 2022, 10:16:55 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Peter Venkman

« Reply #6 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 10:43:52 »

Grimsby on as good, if not better, run as us.Also unbeaten at home. Draw would be good,a win,splendid
Grimsby are on a very good run, also unbeaten since the opening day fixture but they have only played 8 so are 7 games unbeaten vs our 8 games unbeaten.

They are in 8th place on 15 points scoring 8 and conceding just 5 times, with us in 11th place on 14 points scoring 10 and conceding 8 times.

L A Orient 0-2
D H Northampton 1-1
W A Rochdale 1-0
D H Sutton 0-0
W A Walsall 2-1
W A Newport 2-0
D H Gillingham 1-1
W A Colchester 1-0

Their leading scorer is midfielder Harry Clifton on 4 goals.

Rotherham are said to be looking at Grimsby manager Paul Hurst to replace outgoing new Derby manager Paul Warne.

In all games vs Grimsby Swindon have won 21 of the 48 games played drawing 10 and losing 17, Town scoring 75 and conceding 58 times.

Swindon are unbeaten in the last 3 meetings with 2 wins and a draw.

In games at Grimsby though its a totally different story with Town winning only 5 times in the 24 meetings at Blundell Park with 4 draws and 15 defeats, with us scoring 25 and conceding 40 times.

Swindon have only won twice there in the last 16 meetings, one of those being the last meeting when we thrashed them 3-0 under Wellens in 2019 whrn Doyle and x2 for Yates scored the goals in front of a meagre crowd of just 3,723 (318 Town fans) Grimsby won 11 of those 16 meetings since 1967. Our win of 3-0 being our best win there and we havent lost by more than a 2 goal margin since 1957 when they beat us 3-0.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 10:46:32 »

We had a shit record at Donny as well- until last week!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #8 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 10:54:27 »

Paul Hurst the Grimsby manager pre game.

Swindon have retained most of the squad that made the play-offs last year and have good players; good in possession; will be a tough test

Not sure I would say that 5 1st teamers (Iandolo, Reed, Williams, Gladwin and Baudry) 2 of which (Baudry and Iandolo havent really played that much) from last season is "most of the squad", thats 6 if you count Aguiar on the bench.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #9 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 10:54:59 »

We had a shit record at Donny as well- until last week!
That is indeed true but Grimsby look way stronger than the very very poor Donny team.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 11:11:47 »

Grimsby 1 Swindon 1 Att: 6,720 (680 Town)

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 11:56:00 »

It should be a good test on Saturday, Grimsby have started the season better than their non-league fellow promoted side Stockport who many fancied to 'piss the league'. There are a few interesting team snippets that warrant some discussion.

Injuries to Lavinier and MacDonald. Are they fit? If not, I am pretty comfortable that Baudry/Brennan can slot in at centre back and Hutton has started to look good at RB.

Who replaces Williams? I guess Darcy or (unlikely) Aguiar.

Good minutes in midweek for Ellis and RHM who sounded very lively. It will be good to get continued minutes in the legs this weekend as getting these guys up to match sharpness should mean we have great squad competitiveness for the winter months.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 12:06:56 »

I was able to buy a video match pass for tomorrow, I guess that's due to the international break for some reason.

ust be the oldest
Peter Venkman

« Reply #13 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 12:07:37 »

I was able to buy a video match pass for tomorrow, I guess that's due to the international break for some reason.
Indeed it is Normy, they are always available on International weekends when there are no Premier League matches.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 12:11:28 »

It should be a good test on Saturday, Grimsby have started the season better than their non-league fellow promoted side Stockport who many fancied to 'piss the league'. There are a few interesting team snippets that warrant some discussion.

Injuries to Lavinier and MacDonald. Are they fit? If not, I am pretty comfortable that Baudry/Brennan can slot in at centre back and Hutton has started to look good at RB.

Who replaces Williams? I guess Darcy or (unlikely) Aguiar.

Good minutes in midweek for Ellis and RHM who sounded very lively. It will be good to get continued minutes in the legs this weekend as getting these guys up to match sharpness should mean we have great squad competitiveness for the winter months.
Think Old Macdonald is OK. Not sure on Lavinier. Khan for Williams I reckon. Murphy to come on for last 20 minutes. Lindsey said he wasn稚 too keen on Jephcott and The Wakeling starting together.

Got choices now.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: