Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Grimsby Town vs Swindon Town matchday thread  (Read 16334 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 19:46:19 »

1st half he was brilliant, held up the ball superbly bought others into play and his movement is brilliant. 2nd it was tougher as just running and closing down but did that well too

Cheers, that would have helped his match fitness.

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 19:54:45 »

First half probably the best 45 minutes we have played this season.
Could have been more goals, stretched Grimsby all over.

So many decent performances. Jephcott is going to be special, a clever player that will only get better. His fitness already improving. Wakeling just incredible, with 10 his energy was superb.
Gladwin back to his very best.

What a day. On way home met Scott Lindsay and James Day in a service station near Newark. They spotted my lad with his scarf whilst he was filling up with petrol. Spoke for quite some time about everything Swindon. What a lovely bloke, was so complimentary about our support.
Bought both my lad and myself a coffee and continued chatting whilst the 4 of us had a selfie.😂
Very close team of players and was proud of that today.
Penmans Penalties

now I believe scarf above the head

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 21:13:22 »

Apart from scoring how well did Jephcott play as he he's barely been mentioned🤔
He led the line very well and battled for everything, his tank was definitely empty at the end, but cannot fault the performance. Getting off the mark will be a monkey off his back. He has set a good benchmark,
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 21:15:53 »

He led the line very well and battled for everything, his tank was definitely empty at the end, but cannot fault the performance. Getting off the mark will be a monkey off his back. He has set a good benchmark,

Cheers penmans, hopefully now he will go on a scoring run.

So, give no fucks
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 22:39:19 »

From their forum:

"It disappoints me to say, like many of the discerning supporters that enjoy watching good football, that I really enjoyed watching Swindon play football and control the game in the first half.

They kept the ball well, moved and passed the ball well, and looked like a team that will be real contenders this season.

I’d have to say also, that I fully appreciated their second half antics with 10 men, when they payed it exactly how I’d want Town to play it in that exact situation too. Professional approach to wasting time, disrupting the ebb and flow of the game, to prevent us gaining any momentum for most of the first half."

What a delight to read about your own team. Sounds like we did everything well today and deserved the win. Hopeful the air of negativity/uncertainty has been lifted and we can all get behind the players and manager moving forward.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Sunday, September 25, 2022, 04:49:05 »

Fucking get in there. 2-1 away with 10 men, doesn’t get much better. Best opening 45 this season. Done everything with a purpose, looked good. For once set piece delivery’s were brilliant. Good Jephcott off the mark, was brilliant all game. Throwing himself about, pressing, and doing both with purpose and effect. Grimsby goal was BS, Darcy and shade both got beat further up pitch. Second goal a great move. Gladwin bossed it, been unreal this season, and had to step up when two of the best midfielders in the league ain’t about. Brynn unreal, Clayton Hutton FBT all really solid. Wakeling just doesn’t stop, said it last week but what a fucking find he is. RHM looked class for 5 mins..

Fans brilliant. Good that Grimsby fans were so close,made atmosphere way more lively. 3 wins on the bounce, Donny won 4-1 today, we looking good and playing as a team. Enjoying watching us again, Lindsey fucking loves it. 8 hour round trip worth it.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Sunday, September 25, 2022, 04:52:40 »

And btw, Ref fucking robbed us with Khan. His first was never a yellow, just a body check. And the second Khans been sent off for dodging a high slide from one of them. Ref was shite, his bum went after a while with Grimsby getting on his back. We shoulda had a pen in first half also.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Sunday, September 25, 2022, 06:44:32 »

From an away end it always good to see an irate, arm waving home crowd.
They are well supported though, didn't look to be many empty seats about.

Another positive among many was that Reed & Williams weren't really missed, which wouldn't have been the case last season.

Admittedly from not the best view was initially expecting the Khan second yellow incident to result in a free kick for us!

Enjoyable day and got to sample some decent home brewed beer (The Grimsby Reaper!) smuggled into the spoons.
Tim Martin, up yours.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Sunday, September 25, 2022, 07:10:33 »

Their forum has been pretty complimentary of our performance. Always nice to see. Seems our squad is starting to gel
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Sunday, September 25, 2022, 07:41:27 »

From an away end it always good to see an irate, arm waving home crowd.
They are well supported though, didn't look to be many empty seats about.

Another positive among many was that Reed & Williams weren't really missed, which wouldn't have been the case last season.

Admittedly from not the best view was initially expecting the Khan second yellow incident to result in a free kick for us!

Enjoyable day and got to sample some decent home brewed beer (The Grimsby Reaper!) smuggled into the spoons.
Tim Martin, up yours.

They have sold over 6,000 season tickets, very good.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Sunday, September 25, 2022, 07:44:08 »

And btw, Ref fucking robbed us with Khan. His first was never a yellow, just a body check. And the second Khans been sent off for dodging a high slide from one of them. Ref was shite, his bum went after a while with Grimsby getting on his back. We shoulda had a pen in first half also.

“We’ve got super Scotty Lindsey………”
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Sunday, September 25, 2022, 07:56:41 »

Missed most of the game yesterday, so watched it back today. Best so far this season for me. Passing had a little more zip, as a result actually looked to create which made it a lot more entertaining to watch as well.

Biggest improvement over the season so far has been the defending though. As a team we were woeful without the ball first few games. It was like nobody knew their assignments in almost any situation. That has changed, and we seem a lot more competent when we do turn over possession. We rode our luck towards the end, but defended well, they were able to take big risks. Not conceding an equaliser will be a real confidence boost for them.

Their goal yesterday was a lucky deflection finding a man in space, one of those things lucky break for them. Jephcott’s goal had a pleasing air of ‘being in the right place’ about it, hopefully the first of many. A fully on form Jephcott probably scores a second from the next corner as well, wanted too much time before hitting it. The winner was good, accurate passing into space giving defenders difficult decisions. Thought we were great value for our lead before the red.

Got a feeling the ref marks may be a little lower for this one. Khans first was not a foul at all. The second I have watched back a few times and honestly can’t tell who makes contact with what first. Could argue he went over the ball (orange card territory). Unlucky, he was having a really solid game, and JL was about to sub him off.

Thought Gladwin was class, Wakeling so important, Hutton good on attack especially. No notable off-days. Enjoyable win all round.
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 25, 2022, 08:11:46 by oxonrobin » Logged
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Sunday, September 25, 2022, 08:17:40 »

Their forum has been pretty complimentary of our performance. Always nice to see. Seems our squad is starting to gel

I’ve read their matchday and just got back threads, well balanced with generous praise for our display coupled with the usual criticism of their own performance. What was not mentioned was what the score could have been if Khan had not been sent off.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Sunday, September 25, 2022, 08:25:12 »

Highlights for those who haven't seen

So, give no fucks
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Sunday, September 25, 2022, 08:40:56 »

It's gone from Lindsey out chants mid game Sutton to Lindseys name being chanted loud from the get go. I had doubts, didn't think he was up to it. But fucking hell 3 consecutive and convincing enough wins against 3 decent enough sides (much better than Rochdale/Gillingham). Keep proving everyone wrong. His passion was there to see last season, even more so now.

Only thing I found bizarre about yesterday was 1 or 2 seemingly upset that everyone is now backing Lindsey, and how these 'fools wanted him gone'. We Football fans are about as fickle as they come, top of the world one week rock bottom next, that's just how it is, just a big revolving door in the football league, anytime you get a win, fucking enjoy it I say.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: