Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Grimsby Town vs Swindon Town matchday thread  (Read 16327 times)
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 16:02:48 »

Great win. Good run. Happy to say I’d never have thought we could have done this post Gillingham. Fingers crossed RHM is ok. COYR.
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 16:05:34 »

One year perm deal I believe, get him signed up for another quick.
In the face of the current Wakeling love in, it's interesting to see how quickly HMcK has been forgotten. This is not a criticism of the fanbase, it's a compliment

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 16:19:16 »

Good performance. Deserved the 3 points. The team is starting to gel nicely.
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 16:23:25 by Stef Troll » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 16:22:31 »

Anyone know what RHM ibig injury was?

oh, hip ops, just said on radio.

So today's was hopefully the muscular type you get when you haven't played for ages. Not great but unrelated
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 16:26:21 »

In the face of the current Wakeling love in, it's interesting to see how quickly HMcK has been forgotten. This is not a criticism of the fanbase, it's a compliment

Who?
DMC

« Reply #260 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 17:46:42 »

Anyone know what RHM ibig injury was?

oh, hip ops, just said on radio.

So today's was hopefully the muscular type you get when you haven't played for ages. Not great but unrelated
Looked like a hammy to me
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 17:51:29 »

Gash lost
Charlton lost
Vile lost
We won.
Great day  Beers
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 17:51:48 »

Lindsey said Reed could be back for Northampton

So, give no fucks
DMC

« Reply #263 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 18:18:37 »

Khan was brilliant, hopefully knowing he has competition will give reed the kick up the ass like it has to Hutton
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 18:23:32 »

Just watched the highlights.

Not enough has been said about that touch and run between the two defenders by Darcy before the shot that lead to Jephcotts goal.

Appreciate I’m camera side but the Khan second yellow is not even a foul is it? Ball to be won, Grimsby player slides in. Khan tries to put his foot on the ball. Grimsby player gets to the ball first. I can only assume Khans foot came down onto the Grimsby and it’s been deemed a foul due to a (accidental non malicious ‘stamp’)

That clearance off the line by Hutton too.

Really pleasing performance because we had to do everything that game.

We had to play good football and take our chances to get in front. We had to play a man down and dig in, we had to see out the game. We had to deal with using subs we weren’t planning on use due to injures and we had to throw ourselves at it to see the game out….and we did.

A lot of the above is things we were not capable of doing last season under Garner
DMC

« Reply #265 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 19:09:35 »

Just watched the highlights.

Not enough has been said about that touch and run between the two defenders by Darcy before the shot that lead to Jephcotts goal.

Appreciate I’m camera side but the Khan second yellow is not even a foul is it? Ball to be won, Grimsby player slides in. Khan tries to put his foot on the ball. Grimsby player gets to the ball first. I can only assume Khans foot came down onto the Grimsby and it’s been deemed a foul due to a (accidental non malicious ‘stamp’)

That clearance off the line by Hutton too.

Really pleasing performance because we had to do everything that game.

We had to play good football and take our chances to get in front. We had to play a man down and dig in, we had to see out the game. We had to deal with using subs we weren’t planning on use due to injures and we had to throw ourselves at it to see the game out….and we did.

A lot of the above is things we were not capable of doing last season under Garner
Absolutely spot on that is, we showed a bit of everything in that game. I think at some point we need to start getting rid of the myth that we aren't that good defensively, the stats tell a different story
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 19:14:58 »

Absolutely spot on that is, we showed a bit of everything in that game. I think at some point we need to start getting rid of the myth that we aren't that good defensively, the stats tell a different story

We’ve definitely looked a lot better with a flat 4 at the back and a relatively settled back line.
We’ve also got (imo) defend first, play football second defenders - which wasn’t the case last season.

Obviously getting minutes in MacDonald (due to time out injured) and Clayton (new to first team football) has helped as well.

FBT is the new Rob Hunt, steady, solid if unspectacular but think they work perfectly fine in a back 4 especially if the opposite full back is a bit more attacking.

Of course - two defeats and we’ll all be gunning for his head and lamenting how awful the team is.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 19:23:39 »

Apart from scoring how well did Jephcott play as he he's barely been mentioned🤔

So, give no fucks
DMC

« Reply #268 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 19:38:03 »

Apart from scoring how well did Jephcott play as he he's barely been mentioned🤔
1st half he was brilliant, held up the ball superbly bought others into play and his movement is brilliant. 2nd it was tougher as just running and closing down but did that well too
DMC

« Reply #269 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 19:39:29 »

We’ve definitely looked a lot better with a flat 4 at the back and a relatively settled back line.
We’ve also got (imo) defend first, play football second defenders - which wasn’t the case last season.

Obviously getting minutes in MacDonald (due to time out injured) and Clayton (new to first team football) has helped as well.

FBT is the new Rob Hunt, steady, solid if unspectacular but think they work perfectly fine in a back 4 especially if the opposite full back is a bit more attacking.

Of course - two defeats and we’ll all be gunning for his head and lamenting how awful the team is.

FBT will also be worth putting anytime goalscorer bets on every week as he wins everything in the oppo box
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: