Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jordan Lyden  (Read 5399 times)
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2022, 16:18:17 »

Shame. I imagine he would represent some good value based on our model. Can’t be so choosey with an injury record. Though as many have pointed out we have too many midfielders. Good luck Jordan.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2022, 19:29:11 »

Jordan Lyden gave the matchday team something of the solidity and cover of Granty and, in his way, had that bit more zip about him on the ball.

No insight into injuries myself but, on the basis of what I actually saw, I'm very sorry indeed not to be seeing him return to the 1st team/matchday squad.

Wish him massively better fortune going forward.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2022, 20:14:24 »

Miglioranzi started more league games in his first season here than Lyden managed in three (39 v 33)

http://swindon-town-fc.co.uk/Person.asp?PersonID=LYDENJOR
http://swindon-town-fc.co.uk/Person.asp?PersonID=MIGLIORS

My work here is done
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2022, 20:17:49 »

Jordan Lyden gave the matchday team something of the solidity and cover of Granty and, in his way, had that bit more zip about him on the ball.

No insight into injuries myself but, on the basis of what I actually saw, I'm very sorry indeed not to be seeing him return to the 1st team/matchday squad.

Wish him massively better fortune going forward.

Nice comment.
Lyden was a cracking player, unfortunately that is when he was playing. Equally off the pitch a real genuine decent lad.
I think our lasting memory will be that header at Northampton away just before COVID fucked up our season. Cracking goal and so important.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2022, 21:07:33 »

Good luck to him. Cracking player when fit, and committed in the way that we all want to see. Hope he does well at Barrow.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2022, 21:16:05 »

Bloody good player. The Grant-Lyden-Doughty midfield was a thing of beauty.

Can understand how our budget has been used up, but can't help wondering what if we could have had the space to take the gamble. Good luck to him at Barrow.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, September 22, 2022, 06:22:27 »

My work here is done

Cheesy
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, September 22, 2022, 11:19:59 »

Would I risk taking Lyden for anyone marked for the first team match day XI, no way.  The budget needs to be used on those we can rely on.

Would I take Lyden over any of our rough diamond brigade and players like Aguiar, hell yes.  No offence to those players, but if I am going to get half a season at best out of a plyer, I'd have Lyden around the team over any of those based on what I have seen.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, September 22, 2022, 15:35:50 »

Would I take Lyden over any of our rough diamond brigade and players like Aguiar, hell yes.  No offence to those players, but if I am going to get half a season at best out of a plyer, I'd have Lyden around the team over any of those based on what I have seen.

In total agreement, good footballer who will probably come back to haunt us if he signs for Barrow.

Would have thought a short term contract might have been the way to go with him as per Egbo last season.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
DMC

« Reply #24 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 15:20:36 »

Would I risk taking Lyden for anyone marked for the first team match day XI, no way.  The budget needs to be used on those we can rely on.

It is quite offensive though tbf. I would hate the club to be offering deals to 26-year-olds who have played no more than 20 games in a season and have 2 goals and 1 assist to show for 3 seasons work.

At the age of 21 Aguiar has played 16 games scored 2 and assisted 2. I love Lyden but he played that first season in a superb team and given the chance i reckon Aguiar would be as effective.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 15:49:40 »

Different type players though. .

Aguiar showed initially to be a good ball player

I see a fully fit lyden as more of an updated khan

But khan is fit and has potential to improve. Poor old lyden is made of bulsa wood. That's the main point
DMC

« Reply #26 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 15:52:58 »

Different type players though. .

Aguiar showed initially to be a good ball player

I see a fully fit lyden as more of an updated khan

But khan is fit and has potential to improve. Poor old lyden is made of bulsa wood. That's the main point
TBF i didn't compare them but just who i think we are better off keeping.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 15:59:40 »

I would take Lyden, with all his injury concerns over every midfielder in our squad bar Gladwin, Williams, Khan, probably Darcy and Reed (although I really worry we won't see the best of him anymore) - assuming it was a straight battle with one persons wage.  If Lyden was asking for more than that it becomes less clear.  Academic now anyway, we already committed the spend elsewhere.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 18:58:51 »

Quote from: DMC
TBF i didn't compare them but just who i think we are better off keeping.

yeah, fair point
Rodney

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 23:00:56 »

Great player, made of glass. But no re-sale value. That’s the real reason he’s going.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: