Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jordan Lyden  (Read 5473 times)
lovestfc

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, September 20, 2022, 23:35:14 »

The manager in his post match interview said Lyden has not been offered a contract as we have enough midfield players .
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2022, 05:01:37 »

That’s a real shame as Lyden is a wonderful player when fit. I feel that he could have been a championship standard player if he could stay fit. I hope he finds a club and manages to stay injury-free. Sad to see him go tbh but his injury record is simply dreadful.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, September 21, 2022, 07:13:18 by molepar » Logged
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2022, 06:01:52 »

Every time he got injured I always thought back to what someone said(on here I think) a Villa fan had told them when we signed him. "Good player, made of Weetabix".

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2022, 06:35:33 »

poor guy, ability not in question at this level.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2022, 08:44:08 »

As Batch says, good quality when fit, but he was never fit, time we all moved on and he gets himself sorted at another club.

Good luck to him.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2022, 09:00:32 »

Reminiscent of Stefani Muglioranzi really...great player but basically broken. Would never have been able to sign him in the first place if he wasn't...shame.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2022, 09:22:45 »

The manager in his post match interview said Lyden has not been offered a contract as we have enough midfield players .

Depends how many games you get from him. He is better than some of the midfielders we have, when fit.

So just waiting for him to sign up at Orient now then.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2022, 10:13:22 »

Reminiscent of Stefani Muglioranzi really...great player but basically broken. Would never have been able to sign him in the first place if he wasn't...shame.

This is the bit where DV tells us that Miglioranzi being injury prone was actually a bit of a myth.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2022, 10:19:27 »

Miglioranzi started more league games in his first season here than Lyden managed in three (39 v 33)

http://swindon-town-fc.co.uk/Person.asp?PersonID=LYDENJOR
http://swindon-town-fc.co.uk/Person.asp?PersonID=MIGLIORS
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2022, 10:31:47 »

Miglioranzi started more league games in his first season here than Lyden managed in three (39 v 33)

http://swindon-town-fc.co.uk/Person.asp?PersonID=LYDENJOR
http://swindon-town-fc.co.uk/Person.asp?PersonID=MIGLIORS

He also went on to do OK elsewhere after he left us.

Must confess to have not followed it closely, what is it with Lyden has he had one bad injury which has buggered him up or is he one of these players who just seems to be perpetually injured for various non connected reasons?
Trollope’s Left Foot

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2022, 11:30:54 »

I had a long chat with him after a game a couple of weeks after he ruptured his Achilles. He was telling me how players get labelled as being injury prone, but that they are never given the chance to recover properly. He said this was the case under every manager at Swindon, bar Garner. His philosophy was that you only came back into the squad once fully fit rather than back into the squad once you’ve rolled off the physio table. The Achilles injury was a totally freak incident as it was non contact injury. Lastly, he was a really nice bloke who loved being at Swindon. Good luck to him wherever he ends up.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2022, 11:39:35 »

I had a long chat with him after a game a couple of weeks after he ruptured his Achilles. He was telling me how players get labelled as being injury prone, but that they are never given the chance to recover properly. He said this was the case under every manager at Swindon, bar Garner. His philosophy was that you only came back into the squad once fully fit rather than back into the squad once you’ve rolled off the physio table. The Achilles injury was a totally freak incident as it was non contact injury. Lastly, he was a really nice bloke who loved being at Swindon. Good luck to him wherever he ends up.

Not that I was ever anywhere near his level but I used to pretty much suffer injuries very regularly playing football including rupturing both of my Achilles which were both non contact, one happened when I was fucking jogging about and the ball was at the other end of the pitch! Obviously professional footballer these days can 'manage' their bodies with the help of sports scientists etc to avoid injuries but you can't help but wonder if poor Jordan is just destined to not have a long career due to his issues. I think Dion Conroy isn't playing at Crawley, which I assume is also down to injuries, another player who really suffered badly. 

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2022, 12:15:01 »

I was going to say, it may be a freak incident in so far as most would not expect that to be when an injury occurs, but it could be evidence of an issue with the body in general.  To have had so many injuries would hint at a deeper issue with how his body is put together - problems with tendons, muscles, bones etc, can all be an underlying cause of repeated injuries.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2022, 12:28:48 »

He also went on to do OK elsewhere after he left us.

Must confess to have not followed it closely, what is it with Lyden has he had one bad injury which has buggered him up or is he one of these players who just seems to be perpetually injured for various non connected reasons?
That told me then...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2022, 14:51:58 »

Off to Barrow according to Nixon just now
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: