Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Sutton United pre match chat and matchday thread 22/23  (Read 24331 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2022, 09:44:27 »

Doesn't matter if they had 185, still shite.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2022, 09:50:45 »

On a side note, I hopped off the bus on Corporation Street as I couldn't be arsed to go to the bus station and back into a queue. I walked up one of the alleys. Jeez, there was a lot of shite dumped up there. Mattresses, sofas, and general crap. Looked very run down.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2022, 09:56:21 »

On a side note, I hopped off the bus on Corporation Street as I couldn't be arsed to go to the bus station and back into a queue. I walked up one of the alleys. Jeez, there was a lot of shite dumped up there. Mattresses, sofas, and general crap. Looked very run down.

Any angry ladies in mobility scooters there?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2022, 10:35:54 »

Not sure I’ve ever come away from a game unhappy that we won. Masks how inept Lindsay really is.

An unusual comment and reading other fans' comments it's a really strange time supporting Swindon at the moment. When fans have made up their mind very early that the management team aren't up for the job it's clearly going to take a monumental good run of form to change that and there is that strange mindset that possibly the team losing games is better long term as Clem and RA will have to replace SL. My own personal thought is that getting so many new squad members to gel and hit the ground running is a huge ask. Mistakes have been made for sure, pre-season wasn't used properly and to recruit a large number of players for a specific formation only to rip it up and try something different definitely is a red flag.

I find the divisiveness around the place tiresome personally, it's like American politics where there doesn't appear to be much middle ground. And now it appears that the Town End and Don Rogers stands are at each other's throats, the manager is giving vocal abuse to supporters, Angus MacDonald appears to be getting it in the neck. Last night was a mess of a game, no getting away from that. Maybe I am a fucking 'happy clapper' but I can see us having a pretty good season with this squad of players. And if we don't and I am wrong then so be it.   

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
SpeakingFluentPeroni

« Reply #394 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2022, 10:42:13 »

Agree 100% about the divisiveness being draining and a real shame after the unity at the end of last season. Started at Harrogate with lads having heated arguments on the terraces and some idiots at Stockport too abusing Khan when he took a shot at the end. I sometimes find it more enjoyable to just not read this forum and go match by match without reading a weeks worth of negativity. Find the forum useful for info about players etc…though.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2022, 10:44:51 »

Having the youngest team in the league could also be a factor.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2022, 10:55:28 »

An unusual comment and reading other fans' comments it's a really strange time supporting Swindon at the moment. When fans have made up their mind very early that the management team aren't up for the job it's clearly going to take a monumental good run of form to change that and there is that strange mindset that possibly the team losing games is better long term as Clem and RA will have to replace SL. My own personal thought is that getting so many new squad members to gel and hit the ground running is a huge ask. Mistakes have been made for sure, pre-season wasn't used properly and to recruit a large number of players for a specific formation only to rip it up and try something different definitely is a red flag.

I find the divisiveness around the place tiresome personally, it's like American politics where there doesn't appear to be much middle ground. And now it appears that the Town End and Don Rogers stands are at each other's throats, the manager is giving vocal abuse to supporters, Angus MacDonald appears to be getting it in the neck. Last night was a mess of a game, no getting away from that. Maybe I am a fucking 'happy clapper' but I can see us having a pretty good season with this squad of players. And if we don't and I am wrong then so be it.   

I may have missed something but what is this about the manager giving vocal abuse to supporters?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2022, 10:57:22 »

85 away fans was right from my  quick count (80-90)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2022, 10:57:27 »

When fans have made up their mind very early that the management team aren't up for the job it's clearly going to take a monumental good run of form to change that and there is that strange mindset that possibly the team losing games is better long term as Clem and RA will have to replace SL.  

I can't see it happening whatever happens, Garner got us to the play off's with a hastily gathered squad and those who thought he was shite and the wrong choice at the start of the season seemed little changed in their opinion of him at the end (albeit coincidentally they also seemed the most angry that he left us for Charlton).

Agree 100% about the divisiveness being draining and a real shame after the unity at the end of last season.

Was there unity at the end of last season, the perpetually pissed off seemed pretty pissed off then?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2022, 10:58:44 »

I may have missed something but what is this about the manager giving vocal abuse to supporters?

Lyndsey has just told a fan to ‘fuck off, you fat cunt’

This is going well!  Girl Giggle
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #400 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2022, 11:24:50 »

10th league game at home on a Tuesday evening unbeaten, 6 wins and 4 draws in a row.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2022, 11:29:54 »

10th league game at home on a Tuesday evening unbeaten, 6 wins and 3 draws in a row.

That's 9?  Hmmm
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2022, 11:30:55 »

well done Vordervenkman 😁
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #403 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2022, 11:38:20 »

That's 9?  Hmmm
Yes cos I am a twat Smiley

I meant 6 wins 4 draws.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2022, 11:41:21 »

Barrow will be falling foul of the EFL for failure to control players at full time.

What went on with the Barrow game? I was watching Swindon vs Sutton..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: