Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Sutton United pre match chat and matchday thread 22/23  (Read 24136 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2022, 21:03:11 »

Impossible not to like Wakeling. Plays with energy, desire and enthusiasm. Didn't know he had that sort of finish in his locker. Him and Jephcott forming a partnership could turn us from an average side into a half decent one.

Not sure we have the players else where to play a formation with 2 up top.

Anyway, how much do you think we’ll get for Wakeling in January?
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2022, 21:04:01 »

Sutton were shite, so at least we won. Other than that, see nothing but Town being lower mid table plodders at the moment
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2022, 21:08:12 »

Not sure we have the players else where to play a formation with 2 up top.

Anyway, how much do you think we’ll get for Wakeling in January?

We started the season 5-3-2, and Lindsay has said a few times that we might go back to it. It is tricky because those two feel like they'd work as a pair, but not sure the wing backs shape worked when we tried it before.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2022, 21:10:03 »

Not sure I’ve ever come away from a game unhappy that we won. Masks how inept Lindsay really is.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2022, 21:10:20 »

We started the season 5-3-2, and Lindsay has said a few times that we might go back to it. It is tricky because those two feel like they'd work as a pair, but not sure the wing backs shape worked when we tried it before.

Exactly so you’d be looking at going 442 and not sure we have the wingers for that.

Unless you did 433 with them as a pair in the front 3 and the 3rd person basically having free reign but again this takes away any attacking player in the wide areas
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2022, 21:16:04 »

Not sure I’ve ever come away from a game unhappy that we won. Masks how inept Lindsay really is.
The masking will be appalling if we end up being promoted  Wink
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2022, 21:41:42 »

Not sure whether the overall mood is positive that we won or negative that it was Lindsey at the helm for a victory?!
1989Monkey

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2022, 21:42:38 »

Why were people surprised Jethcott came off after 60mins? He’s working his way up to full fitness so wasn’t a surprise him coming off at all. Our medical team do a fantastic job and this is all part of the process. Given another game on Sat then he probably will get 60-70 there too
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2022, 21:42:53 »

If we are going to have a shit season that's the way I would like us to play.

Was quite a decent viewing tbh. I see comments like Sutton are shit but it was quite the positive set up for an away side and they worked sol brynn quite a lot. Fantastic hit from randall 2nd goal.

I'd say first half Williams won us the match, 2nd half macdonald stopped us losing the match.

brynn is becoming a bit of the norm now with his outstanding saves. He's like Digby throwing himself to those top corners.

last season we very rarely won a game through our substitutions where as this season they are making a very notable difference.

Jefcott is a very clever striker and goals will easily come for him. Not quite sure how he didn't get on the scoresheet but I have no worries going forward.

Darcy is a very clever and tidy player, got caught out a couple of times taking too long and nearly cost us. His positive play outweighs the bad easily.

iv been very dismissive of Lindseys appointment more than of lindsey himself. You can tell he is raw but you can see how he's a good bloke and desperate to do well. It's much much easier to hate a Phil brown or a Sheridan than an honest guy doing his best. Let's hope we can build on this going forward.

The county ground perfectly observed 90 minutes of silence for the Queen tonight. that was the plan right?

Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2022, 21:43:28 »

Barrow will be falling foul of the EFL for failure to control players at full time.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2022, 21:56:14 »

Quote from: 1989Monkey
Why were people surprised Jethcott came off after 60mins? He’s working his way up to full fitness so wasn’t a surprise him coming off at all. Our medical team do a fantastic job and this is all part of the process. Given another game on Sat then he probably will get 60-70 there too

No idea what the Town End were on moaning/chanting about those subs.

Jephcott you've covered.

Darcy was getting bullied out of it.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2022, 21:58:38 »

Impossible to describe that tonight, chaos doesn’t do it justice. Basically a basketball match on a football pitch. Neither is team had any kind of control or game management during the entire 90 minutes. Still doesn’t feel like we have a plan and the players are just basically doing and playing where they want. But a wins a win, Saturday will tell us more as Sutton were a poor team whereas I would imagine Donny will have more about them.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2022, 22:02:20 »

Quote from: Red Frog
Rowe seriously looking for a fight with Macdonald. Needing to be held back.

I may be wrong but I think it kicked off in the tunnel after too.

stewards legged it across the pitch and headed down there.. Most people were out the ground but thanks to the DRS slow egress we saw it.
--------
How weird was the start of the game, coming out to silence, the eulogy, the minutes silence and God Save The King
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2022, 22:07:39 »

Glass half full:
* We found a way to win
* Jephcott found the right areas
* Wakeling can finish
* Better tempo in the first half (not Gillingham style slow mo)
* Some decent individual moments.
* Get the ugly wins, and we may get some momentum.

Half empty:
* Lacked cohesion, authority, composure, structure.
* 11 individuals - who looked lost at times.
* Until the goal, we didn’t test the keeper in the 2nd half.
* The flattest a CG crowd has been in the 2nd half since Stevenage at home last season.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2022, 22:19:36 »

No idea what the Town End were on moaning/chanting about those subs.

Jephcott you've covered.

Darcy was getting bullied out of it.

The TE some right twats tonight and fair play for the DR turning on them.
Clueless and unbelievable they couldn’t see that Jephcott is not fully match fit.

A little unsettled in defence but some positives to take from that.
Much better moving forward, far more pace.
Gladwin outstanding and Williams a real shift.
Managed to thank Wardy before the game and wish him all the best, appeared appreciative.

A win is a win and on to Donny.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: