Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Sutton United pre match chat and matchday thread 22/23  (Read 24324 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #330 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2022, 20:28:05 »

FT 3-2

We did a fucking win!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
AMayesIng

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2022, 20:29:08 »

Get in. Unbeaten since 1st game of the season and 3 points off the playoffs. #GlassHalfFull
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2022, 20:29:55 »

Did we deserve that?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2022, 20:30:19 »

Some very bald Sutton coaches seem quite cross about something. Not really sure what.

That game was a lot of fun, but a team that plays like that will not have a good season overall. There's plenty of individual talent, but the systems and tactics need some real work. Let's hope that game proves a turning point.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2022, 20:31:37 »

Rowe seriously looking for a fight with Macdonald. Needing to be held back.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2022, 20:32:43 »

Williams my MotM today hes chased everything.
Great call.  Loved the heart.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2022, 20:33:05 »

Is it safe to come back here now?
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2022, 20:34:43 »

Did we deserve that?
Well Sutton had been playing for the draw for some time.

There's your answer, imo.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2022, 20:36:01 »

I think the Sutton group were annoyed about the Orange card tackle still.

Overall - you take the win because I am not sure we were good value.  Not that we didn't create enough to get it, but more we could just as easily given up three more goals in that game.  On the positive side we seemed a little more direct for most of that game, which is probably a good thing given we are a lot more limited on the ball this season and have less upfront.

Wakeling continues to impress me.  I'd love for him to be given one of the wider slots instead of Shade with Jephcott through the middle.  That has the makings of a poor mans Yates and Doyle combination I think.

Dodgy as hell down our own right side defending, that seems unlikely to get much better with the injury either.

Overall, we can look back at some of the draws and be very happy we have them in the bank.  If we can continue to find a way of making a more direct approach work and get some of the better attacking talent working, then we stand a chance of competing (as we should).

Still no idea on the Manager side of things.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2022, 20:38:12 »

Thankfully academic, but I'd been getting ready to enquire what was our longest longest sequence of draws in the League.

We were on a Doyle-esque run but it stops at 6.

And in the right way   Pint
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2022, 20:38:56 »

Well Sutton had been playing for the draw for some time.

There's your answer, imo.

They did what we've often got annoyed at Town for doing - stopping doing something that was working in favour of trying to sit on the current scoreline. I'm sure it must work or managers wouldn't keep doing it, but it really does seem to backfire more often than not.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2022, 20:41:28 »

They did what we've often got annoyed at Town for doing - stopping doing something that was working in favour of trying to sit on the current scoreline. I'm sure it must work or managers wouldn't keep doing it, but it really does seem to backfire more often than not.

A bit of confirmation bias I imagine - you remember the times it backfires but it likely works most of the time when you look at the numbers.  The real comparison would be to see how successful a team is when they don't revert to sitting on the result.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2022, 20:44:01 »

Impossible not to like Wakeling. Plays with energy, desire and enthusiasm. Didn't know he had that sort of finish in his locker. Him and Jephcott forming a partnership could turn us from an average side into a half decent one.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2022, 20:51:14 »

Hard to be critical when you win but fuck me didn’t we make hard work of beating a team who looked bang average but somehow me made them look half decent. Still as I oft say at the end of the season games like this will be long forgotten and all attention will be on the result.

Still plenty of work defensively. Played out quicker. Some nice inter play. Again plenty of chances. Still getting better but for any positive improvement there is the minus of the defence.

Still, Donny next. Would take a point but we must be looking for all three with a purpose and conviction.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 13, 2022, 20:58:58 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
adje

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2022, 20:57:05 »

Impossible not to like Wakeling. Plays with energy, desire and enthusiasm. Didn't know he had that sort of finish in his locker. Him and Jephcott forming a partnership could turn us from an average side into a half decent one.
Don't know obviously but I don't think a partnership is in Lindsey's mind

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: